Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liked it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liked it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

What did you think of this episode?
    10 (best)
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 (simply awful)
    0%

Worst Episode Ever.

Somebody had to say it.

Terrible nonsensical storyline.

Awful acting.

The introduction of the family was so abrupt and badly handled you could care less if they lived. Most likely you were rooting for them all to die so you could get to the end of the episode faster.

As a stand alone episode it reeks and it adds nothing to the Terminator mythology as a whole.

As usual Summer Glau shines in her few moments though. And I felt sorry for Lena Headley and the actors playing Derek and Jesse...you could tell they were suffering through this episode along with the rest of us.
    Last edited by RABoettcher; 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM. Reason: stuff.

Comment

It makes sense now why the producers wanted to move this episode to next year because of their initial scheduling difficulties. For a stand alone episode, it was quite too stand alone-ish. At least we found some bio warfare went on in the future and Cam's favorite jacket, its ruined now.

Comment

I didn't think it was worst episode. (Last weeks episode seemed to make less sense.)
        I really enjoyed seeing more about Derek and Jesse.
        And it made me really like Jesse!

Comment

stand alones are prime example of the studios getting involved and telling the producers where the show should head. i think thats why we are getting so many muttled shows plot wise.

Comment

It had a lot of problems, namely that they tried to do too much with it, but I can't say that I didn't enjoy it because I did. We got to see how Jesse and Derek first met. I also liked Lauren and wouldn't mind if she returned down the road. All in all, not one of the better episodes of the season and really didn't seem to impact the overall plot much, but an entertaining, if flawed one-week digression before the fall finale.

Comment

The usual "terminator of the week" story with a little more on the human side. As always, it adds more sub-plots, explains a couple of things, and leaves the main story stagnant. It made me think how funny it has become that John saved Cameron once because "he needed her", or that Cameron was there to protect John, but he is never with her and actually avoids her (I guess we should assume John was eating pancakes and making out with Riley as an important part of his becoming a man and leader while the rest was fighting).

Too bad the girl and her new-born sister didn't stay with the Connors after all, because that would have made the story richer and more likable. This girl is a real hero and deserves everything and she should be the leader of the resistance, not the extremely boring John Connor-with-Riley that Josh Friedman has created.

Comment

Watch it twice.

I watched it twice.

1st Viewing - It is a little confusing because of the hopping around. I had a little trouble figuring out when is now. I got use to it and began to understand past, present and future. Then, I liked the episode. It was exciting. There was lots of actions and lots of pregnancies. You really can't go too many episodes without pregnancies on TSCC. I thought the episode was an 8.

2nd Viewing - It was great. I enjoyed the hopping around. Past, present and future made perfect sense. The story was super. The action was great. The idiot family was great. This episode is a 10.

OK, I will take an average. It is a 9.

Comment

This episode was ok, but I much rather get away from the stand-alone Terminator-of-the-week episodes. Lets get back to the main story line please. They want to prevent Judgment Day, so lets hear them at least mention that they are looking for the Turk. It's ok to get distracted by something on the way, but at least remember what the priority is.

Comment

I thougt is was a decent episode some people have a problem with stand alone shows but they are a part of a 22 episode season so it is what it is. That said this show was not with out some ties to the larger narritive it gave us some idea of why Jesse is important to Derek. Also it was good to see that the Terminators are still dangerous Cameron has defeated them fairly easily this season so it was important for her to get taken down. Odd that John was not in the show at all, though I though the show was a 7

Comment

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favorite. I gave it a 4... it was a little below average. Some cool ideas, concepts, and gave Brian Austin Green a shot to shine on camera and show off some acting skills and loose the 90210 aura that surrounds him.

Also gave the Derek/Jessie story and how they met and some insight to what the future world looks like that Derek/Jessie came from.

Still... not enough of the Sarah/John/Cameron triangle that I like.

Comment

it was pretty good, didn't even mind that was John-less; even with ppl dying in a war it was less emo than it usual

Comment

Painful to watch

Wow what a lame, lame episode. It was just plain awful. I didn't think last week's was too hot either but it was definitely better than this. I hope this recent trend doesn't mark the beginning of a downward slide for the series...

I completely agree with RABoettcher's comments above and echo her/his sentiment that this was indeed the worst episode ever (by far).

Review terminated.

2/10
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 12-09-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanca
                            The usual "terminator of the week" story with a little more on the human side. As always, it adds more sub-plots, explains a couple of things, and leaves the main story stagnant...
                            As opposed to almost everyone else on the board, I loved the ep, giving it a 10, mostly for the action on the human side. For some reason the couple having an argument over who was having an affair with who and the nature of the illegal action paying for that cabin just seemed so human and priceless. The same with the next door neighbor not believing a word that Sarah said. Cameron getting thrown through the window bored me.

As for the main story, that's for eps 20-22.

Originally posted by Blanca
                            Too bad the girl and her new-born sister didn't stay with the Connors after all, because that would have made the story richer and more likable. This girl is a real hero and deserves everything and she should be the leader of the resistance, not the extremely boring John Connor-with-Riley that Josh Friedman has created.
                            Here I couldn't agree with you more. All I can think of is that the economics of the show wouldn't allow it.

Comment

I gave it 10, I thought it was pretty good. It had action and I didn’t care if John was there.
                              I wish they would put a few twists in there though. If so many people are coming back to the past, there has got to be some differences in the future. I was hoping that after Derek said your sister is coming that it would have turned out to be a boy and really shook things up a bit.
                              I watched it in surround sound and that little perk makes everything a 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎