Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sarah Jane Adventures

Join the continuing adventures of Sarah Jane & Mr. Smith, Maria, Luke, and Clyde, as they fight off alien invasions, and make the world a safer place for mankind.

Series 2 (or Season 2) premiered on BBC One, on Sep. 29th, 2008.
    As in the first series, each story is comprised of 2 episodes. This thread is dedicated to discussion of all series 2 episodes.

(*The SciFi channel dates for Season 2, are as of yet to be announced.)

Anyone in Canada have a clue when BBC Canada will air Series 2? They are currently re airing Series 1 for the 3rd or 4th time.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to be discussing the Sarah Jane adventures in general but, I was wondering how this show ties in with Doctor Who? It's maybe a little weird but, I've only seen the first season of Doctor Who & the first Christmas Special (however I have seen the first two Torchwood seasons) & it's easy enough to see how Torchwood ties in but, from what I've seen of Doctor Who I dont know how the Sarah Jane adventures do, it would be neat if anyone could explain ... maybe I should expect to be pelted with rotten tomatoes for asking such a dumb question lol?
      Please and thank you

Comment

Sarah-Jane Smith was a companion between seasons 11 to 14 and this is a show showing what she's up to now; it spun off an appearance she made in season 28.

Basically, whilst Torchwood is the "adult" spin-off, SJA is the "kids" spin-off (with Who itself being a "family" show). Fact is though, SJA's got some very good stories and is worth viewing by all - it's probably got more solid writing than Torchwood, and arguably was better received by fandom in general (no need to slip in "F"'s and sex references just for the sake of appearing "adult").
        Last edited by TMLS; 06-04-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
          Sarah-Jane Smith was a companion between seasons 11 to 14 and this is a show showing what she's up to now; it spun off an appearance she made in season 28.

Basically, whilst Torchwood is the "adult" spin-off, SJA is the "kids" spin-off (with Who itself being a "family" show). Fact is though, SJA's got some very good stories and is worth viewing by all - it's probably got more solid writing than Torchwood, and arguably was better received by fandom in general (no need to slip in "F"'s and sex references just for the sake of appearing "adult").
          I've never actually gotten around to watching SJA, but from what I've heard people do prefer it to Torchwood.

I think the amount of "F" bombs and sex scenes in Torchwood's first series were to firmly establish that this was NOT for kids. That got better in the second series, the show just kind of needed to find out who it was... if that makes any sense.

Do we have an actual General SJA thread? I wondered why no one had mentioned David Tennant's upcoming guest appearance as The Doctor in the Series 3 of SJA.

By the way, Captain_Rickman, when TMLS says Season 28, he's talking about NewWho's series 2. Sorry, TMLS, but I get the feeling he's new to series (well, he must be if he doesn't know who Sarah Jane is), and might not have understood you.

Comment

I mentioned the appearance in the daily Dr Who spoiler thread, but only in passing. Didn't mention it in here though as it's a spoiler

(And it IS 28. Season 2 was Hartnell :P )

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
              I mentioned the appearance in the daily Dr Who spoiler thread, but only in passing. Didn't mention it in here though as it's a spoiler
              Is it? RTD was talking about it on the news. Surely if they're talking about it on telly its not really a spoiler.

(And it IS 28. Season 2 was Hartnell :P )
              Oh, I know it is. I'm actually starting to catch myself referring to series 1/2/3/4 as season 27/28/29/30. I just know that I wouldn't have know what you meant back when I first started watching, all those... erm... two years ago.

I'll be quiet now.

Comment

Thanks you guys
                Yes I'm kind of new to the Whoniverse (which I probably shouldnt admit here lol) Well, I used to watch the old Doctors in reruns but, until a couple weeks ago I hadnt seen any of the new Doctor Who shows, and I've only seen DH season 1. (And both seasons of Torchwood) But, I guess it would be fair to say that I am hopelessly addicted to the whole Whoniverse in a big way. The Sarah Jane adventures sound good ... personally I do like the Torchwood writing, altho I agree some of the earlier season 1 shows did seem to use *adult* stuff seemingly for the sake of it (they oughta know you dont have to cuss to be mature lol) so if you think the Sarah Jane shows are even better written then they surely must be amazing. I guess I need to go buy some DVDs

Comment

We really need a 'General Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion' thread. Anyway...

Here's an awesome new trailer for Series 3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ndt5j

Never really watched the show before, I'm trying to catch up before this new series starts. It's hilarious how many adults watch this children's show. I was on the bus the other day, and a grown man suddenly said to his mate "Oh, yes! The new series of Sarah Jane starts soon!"

Also saw a trailer at the cinemas before 'Up'. They mentioned that it was a spin off of Who, but there was something magnificent about seeing the Doctor Who logo on the big screen. *sigh*
                  Last edited by quinny06; 10-12-2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

FANTASTIC to see the Third Doctor and the Fourth Doctor in flashback form in this week's Sarah Jane. Looking forward to DT's episodes next week.

Comment

Judging by the amount of posts in this thread, we don't have many SJA fans. Still, I thought I'd remind any Who fans that David's Doctor will be in tomorrow's and friday's episodes. Tennant's days are numbered, as we all know, so catch him while you can!

Comment

Originally posted by quinny06
                        FANTASTIC to see the Third Doctor and the Fourth Doctor in flashback form in this week's Sarah Jane. Looking forward to DT's episodes next week.
                        Which episodes did this happen in? I'll have to see!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                          Which episodes did this happen in? I'll have to see!
                          In the fourth episode of the new series (series 3). Basically, something was looking through Sarah Jane's memories, and we saw her meeting the Third Doctor, and saying goodbye to the Fourth, plus some other classic clips. It's on youtube, anyway.

Just watched the first part of David Tennant's episodes. It was all lovey-dovey till the very end when all hell broke lose, which was awesome. The TARDIS was making very strange noises as well, kind of like it did at the beginning of 'The Impossible Planet'.

Comment

The fake wind acting this week was LOL worthy

Comment

Originally posted by quinny06
                              I know, those clips really made me go . (Sorry to do that with a smiley, but, speaking as a classic Who fan, ESPECIALLY of Pertwee and Baker, mere words can't convey how awesome that moment was!)

But this week's two parter was even more brilliant, naturally, considering Tennant's appearance. Yesterday was really all about build-up, but today's episode really was fantastic.

[SPOILER]I especially loved the fact that yet another hint was given about Tennant's final episodes. Can't wait to find out what the Gate actually is![/SPOILER]

I must admit I've only started watching this season just to see the Doctor paired with Sarah Jane again, but I think I might continue watching, especially considering how little Who we've been given this year. Still, on the bright side, not long to wait until Waters of Mars!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎