Music From "Identity"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So were never gonna get this song Me sad. it's a catchy song!

Comment

Originally posted by Croweyes1121
      As always, the song title and artist is up over at The Definitive Smallville Soundtrack.
      I guess it's Luxury by Matthew Gerrard?

Any info on what this song is. Googling for him, it seems like he's a songwriter, not a performer, so I can't find a specific album.

Couldn't find lyrics either.

Any hints on where to buy this song?

Comment

The song is handled (as is 99% of this season's music) by Warner's in-house music production company, Telepictures. The song is streamable at telepicturesmusic dot com. Click on "SAMPLE TRACKS", then on "Electro-Pop". "Luxury" is the second track on the list. Performers with Telepictures are privately and exclusively employed for music for television placement only, so the only artist information that is appropriate to list is the composer of the track.
        Ahh, cool, thanks.

So I guess the killer question here is, does Telepictures sell any of this music to the public? Somehow I'm guessing not, but it seems kind of silly for them to have this music out there, even use it in shows, but then not give fans who like it a way to buy it.

It almost sounds then like it isn't a full song even, I guess this is music solely intended for being like background music.

Seems like a shame, seems like a nice track, and I bet it would sell if they made a full version of it and released it.

Comment

It's a full version, it's just not a long or (as you can see) very complicated track. And yes, Telepictures is only intended for background music within TV shows, hence they are not in the business of selling music to consumers, only placing it for networks.

(luxury) luxury
          (luxury) luxury
          (luxury) luxury
          (luxury) luxury

living like a star
          drink champagne, eat caviar
          go to New York, London, Paris, Milan
          (luxury)
          living like a star
          (luxury)
          living like a star
          (luxury)
          living like a star
          (luxury)
          (luxury)
          (luxury)
          Cool, thanks croweyes....... nice to know what it is. Learned something new, didn't occur to me they actually had this whole in-house company set to create music just for this kind of purpose. But it makes sense, rather than paying to license music all the time.

Definitely nice to know we all weren't crazy though when we were looking for this by googling lyrics and nothing came up. I'm disappointed it isn't a real song, but also at least glad to know I'm not nuts.

Guess it's a longshot, but seems like a nice enough little song....... would still be nice to see them turn it into a normal full length pop song.

Comment

Wow. Thanks heaps for this information and finding it. It was killing me!!!!

Yeah, if this song was made full length and released, it would make a KILLING!!!

It's sooooo goood. Dunno if i should be saying this, but if you'd rather not have to stream it all the time you can download audacity, and get a small plugin which converts songs to mp3, and simply listen to the song while the program records it and rip it to mp3.

Comment

Yeahhh
              Thanks a lot Croweyes1121

Can't we post a downloading link in here?
              Last edited by Sarie; 11-13-2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: question

Comment

I've been looking for this song ever since I heard it!

I couldn't tell you why, but when I tried to stream it, it sounded terrible with varying pitch and tempo possibly due to my slow internet connection. I traced the source of the stream to this link, so you won't have the problem I had:

If anyone finds a full version, it would be great to hear about it!
                Last edited by Randy G.; 11-27-2008, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Found it!

Its a background song designed for televison called "Luxury", this is a partial sample track:

[Mod Edit]
                  Last edited by Randy G.; 11-27-2008, 03:50 AM. Reason: discussion of downloading

Comment

Originally posted by orihalcon
                    Found it!

Its a background song designed for televison called "Luxury", this is a partial sample track:

[Mod Edit]
                    alrite thanks how did you come across it
                    Last edited by Randy G.; 11-27-2008, 03:49 AM. Reason: discussion of downloading

Comment

[quote=orihalcon;4158980]Found it!

[Mod Edit]

Finnally thanks we all ow you one!
                      Last edited by Randy G.; 11-27-2008, 03:49 AM. Reason: discussion of downloading

Comment

Amazing.....at least we all know we arnt going mad, lol

Comment

Croweyes1121 Thanks a lot man

u 2 orihalcon

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

well, im happy with what i got!, Still like the song, 2 bad there aint a eintire version of it but hey, alteast you found it!

Comment

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

::nearly at a loss for words::

THAT ***IS*** THE ENTIRE VERSION, PEOPLE!!!

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but there are only so many ways I can say the same thing. The song is one minute and 26 seconds long. It was produced as a 1:26 piece of music. It was recorded as 1:26. It *ends* at 1:26. Period. It's not that an entire version isn't out there, folks, it is simply a short track. I know it's hard to believe, but not every song is over three minutes long. lol

Dan
                              (creator/co-author The Definitive Smallville Soundtrack)

Ok, bro sorry for making you angry but you just missunderstood me, (sorry for my bad english it aint direcly A material)

Ive understood it's the complete version of it but what I was trying to say was that it's too bad it wasent a "normal" song that was about 3 minutes long. That was all i was trying to say, :<
                              Last edited by Clarky123; 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've been searching high and low for this song! So, thanks guys for sharing. You guys are awesome! Now, I have a new ringtone.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎