This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

because of the baseball, yestarday there was no baseball

Comment

this was an awesome ep...hope everyone realizes this is a show worth catching up on and watching...its all amazing...numbers will start to show that i think!!

Comment

The fact that the ratings are slowly creeping up every week is a good sign. I believe with some real publicity and promotion, not just internet stuff, a lot more people would tune in this season.

For example, if Tom Welling did interviews or something like that.

Comment

I hope the final rating doesn't go down like it did last week.

I like that the ratings keep going up every week and it might even match the season premiere's numbers eventually. If people stuck around for the previews for next week I'm sure they will tune in to see Lois and Clark in the Phantom Zone as well as Kara's reappearance!

Has an episode during the season ever done better ratings wise then a season premiere? The way things are going I think it might happen.

Comment

the CW capped off Thursday with veteran Smallville (Viewers: #4, 4.24 million; A18-49: #4, 1.7/ 5), which was on par from one year earlier, and Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 3.53 million; A18-49: #5, 1.5/ 4), which still works relatively well at 9 p.m. despite the hefty competition. Looking ahead, there is no reason to believe the CW will abandon its strategy of airing sci-fi dramas on Thursday next season.

4.24 million is not bad...not bad at all for one of the best episodes of smallville ever.

Comment

I think there are two things that have to do with the ratings upward creep. First and foremost is the fact that the writing, plots, characters, action, photography, sfx, and all that go into a good series have been consistently excellent this season.

The second part of the sustained and growing viewership has to do with the way the episodes have been presented back-to-back. SVille has taken hits in past seasons when they piecemealed episodes. Even following a strong episode, when a break occurred and repeats were aired, the next new episode always seemed to lose viewers.

This season has been phenominal and extremely enjoyable to me. It's quality is as high or higher than its ever been and the continuity is really very strong this season. All those aspects have translated into a season that is building in its momentum toward the season (and hopefully not series) finale.

Bravo to PS3 for raising the bar and steadily raising the viewership numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                I think there are two things that have to do with the ratings upward creep. First and foremost is the fact that the writing, plots, characters, action, photography, sfx, and all that go into a good series have been consistently excellent this season.

The second part of the sustained and growing viewership has to do with the way the episodes have been presented back-to-back. SVille has taken hits in past seasons when they piecemealed episodes. Even following a strong episode, when a break occurred and repeats were aired, the next new episode always seemed to lose viewers.

This season has been phenominal and extremely enjoyable to me. It's quality is as high or higher than its ever been and the continuity is really very strong this season. All those aspects have translated into a season that is building in its momentum toward the season (and hopefully not series) finale.

Bravo to PS3 for raising the bar and steadily raising the viewership numbers.
                I definitely agree. As a fan from the beginning the continuity this season is simply super. Clark is moving in the right direction, Lois and Clark are doing their well known dance, and the FOTW's, when on, are utilized in a much improved way. Smallville is finally hitting it's stride. Too bad it took eight seasons; people might not have left if we consistently had this quality in years prior.

Looking forward to seeing the final numbers. I suppose these are not it. And it would be impossible to imagine that Identity's numbers could decrease. I expect an increase.

Comment

It's not a coincidence that the ratings go up with each episode.We finally got a chance to view 10 episodes in a row and we are really benifiting from that.If it reaches 4.3 in the finals,it will be great.Bloodline has a great challenge ahead of it.Last year the Kara and Krypton heavy episodes had a tendency to drop a bit in the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    It's not a coincidence that the ratings go up with each episode.We finally got a chance to view 10 episodes in a row and we are really benifiting from that.If it reaches 4.3 in the finals,it will be great.Bloodline has a great challenge ahead of it.Last year the Kara and Krypton heavy episodes had a tendency to drop a bit in the ratings.
                    That's because they came right after:

A premiere-numbers always drop.
                    A filler episode, albeit a good one- ratings after these never fair too well.
                    A Clana fest- ratings have a tendency to drop after these.
                    A Stride commercial- despite Pete's awesomeness, no one likes to watch a 45 minute commercial, unless its about Obama.
                    A Sleeper episode- Didn't do so bad being 150 and all.

The Kara episodes were generally pretty good, its just that they were sandwiched in with episodes that were not exactly ratings drivers.

Comment

4.24? Eeeexcellent.

Comment

When do the final ratings come in?

Comment

Do we know finals yet?

Comment

wow. It's 4pm and no finals?

This is from Zap 2 it. I don't know how to translate the ratio into millions though.

"Smallville" earned a 2.6/4 for The CW, edging a " Kitchen Nightmares" rerun on FOX.

That's the same exact ratio they earned last week.
                            Last edited by davidbrenton; 10-31-2008, 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This is the first time in YEARS that Smallville's ratings rises 4 episodes in a row.

Comment

^ Technically, "Prey" was a dip, wasn't it?

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                                *Smallville S8 Finals:
                                #1 Odyssey ~ *4.34 mil & Live+7= 4.80 mil.

#2 Plastique ~ *4.18 mil. & Live+7= 4.78 mil.

#3 Toxic ~ *4.05 mil. & Live+7= 4.61 mil.

#4 Instinct ~ *4.12 mil. & Live+7= 4.71 mil.

#5 Committed ~ *4.18 mil.

#6 Prey ~ *4.15 mil.
                                If "Identity" does not go down, then we'll have increased quite a bit from the last episode. But we all thought that "Prey" was 4.22... so it may very well be that we'll go down from 4.24 in this one. Although, I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎