No announcement yet.

DJ should just be a guest for one Smallville episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ should just be a guest for one Smallville episode

I think a weekly series about young Dick Grayson will not work. They can’t make Dick Grayson a crime fighter before his family dies and before he meets Bruce Wayne, or nobody will like it. It would be as stupid as show in which young Green Lantern has powers and fights crime before he gets his ring.

I think the smarter idea would be to make this just one episode of Smallville when the circus comes to town and Clark meets young Dick Grayson. But just one episode... Focus a whole TV series on a spin-off about either Green Arrow, Kara, or Martian Manhunter - a character that has already been established and well liked by fans.

i think the biggest problem would be how to get villians. in smallville, they were able to create villians who got their powers from kryptonite radiation, but in birds of prey they created the metahumans and it didn't work so well. so who are the villians young dick will fight? the aquaman series idea would have been perfect because the ocean is so vast and mysterious that they could have created whatever they wanted with regards to ocean life.

Comment

Originally posted by thesmileofoliverqueen
      i think the biggest problem would be how to get villians. in smallville, they were able to create villians who got their powers from kryptonite radiation, but in birds of prey they created the metahumans and it didn't work so well. so who are the villians young dick will fight? the aquaman series idea would have been perfect because the ocean is so vast and mysterious that they could have created whatever they wanted with regards to ocean life.

See I disagree. I think it could work because he is traveling with a circus. Different towns will have different problems and different villains. He can go from town to town being in the family show and stopping corruption or things of the sort. I don't know how well the show will go over in the end, but I think that they should be able to do a lot with that type of storyline. I guess just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Comment

But the villians shouldn't have any super powers. Most of the Batman villians have no real powers, unlike Superman's. So if they were going to do a villian every week, it would get really old. I have a feeling it's going to be a teenage drama in the circus involving a kid named Dick Grayson.

Comment

From my point of view you're all missing the point... Why would young Dick Grayson fight crime at all before his parents die and before he meets Bruce?

Comment

If SV isn't allowed to have Bruce Wayne then it goes double for Dick Grayson. The series as a whole just needs to be scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              If SV isn't allowed to have Bruce Wayne then it goes double for Dick Grayson. The series as a whole just needs to be scrapped.
              I disagree, Dick Grayson as a guest in Smallville would work, because he could be the right age etc.

It sets Batman in the Smallville universe, because they could say his next stop was Gotham.

Comment

Maybe they'll pull an Adam Knight and come up with someone who could be 'Robin', but not quite -- which I'd rather not have happen.

Either they have Dick Grayson (not D.J.) come on as canonically accurate as is possible ie he won't be in Bruce's atmosphere yet with Clark not yet claiming the Superman identity, or keep D.J. on the shelf with the other unfilmed pilot scripts.

Comment

I don't see a problem with Dick Grayson appearing in Smallville. Christopher Nolan said that he doesn't plan to incorporate Robin in the Batman Film Franchise. If he's not planning on using the character, I don't see why Warner Bros. would be against having "DJ" on Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                    I don't see a problem with Dick Grayson appearing in Smallville. Christopher Nolan said that he doesn't plan to incorporate Robin in the Batman Film Franchise. If he's not planning on using the character, I don't see why Warner Bros. would be against having "DJ" on Smallville.
                    The problem is they seem to think a TV show has to much impact on us, for a film to work right.

I think they could get a Richard Grayson appearence, the Circus comes to town, and the next stop is Gotham.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                      Maybe they'll pull an Adam Knight and come up with someone who could be 'Robin', but not quite -- which I'd rather not have happen.
                      I agree.

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                      I agree.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Minotaur
                      I think they could get a Richard Grayson appearence, the Circus comes to town, and the next stop is Gotham.
                      Not a bad idea.
                      Last edited by ForzaItalia; 11-24-2008, 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎