Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who misses when an episode would end with a pop song?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who misses when an episode would end with a pop song?

Who misses the Smallville episodes, that ended with the last few minutes always playing some pop song over the final few minutes with no dialogue going on? Tomorrow will be our seventh episode into Season 8, which has been amazing so far, and the tradition of ending episodes with a song playing seems to of come to an end unfortunately. Does anybody have any idea why? Did it have something to do with the lower budget and not being able to afford certain artists? Or was it a decision made by the producers, who maybe thought including pop songs into episodes made the show feel "younger", and just didn't seem appropriate for this season with all the characters basically becoming adults now?

I'm not sure who or why the decision was made. Smallville has grown up and I don't see a need for a teen singer and their music. The music sets the tone of the scene and I think they have done a good job this season.

Comment

bring back the music...end of.

Comment

Yeah I miss it. I miss the songs that used to be on the show.

Comment

no need to harken back to the teenybop days. Let them stay with that old show

Comment

I don't really miss it. It was making the show like a big music video, especially with, "....tonight's Smallville featured music by 'xxxx' available now at....."

The show is darker, and more grown up. Bring it on!

Comment

god i miss the music... it's depressing and cold without it... why do you think the buffy episode 'the body' had no music in it? because that's the effect it has. and i know that there is still a score in the background but i very much miss the effect of a good indie/pop song to lighten things up

Comment

Not Me!

Comment

Yeah, I loved when there were song at the end of episodes

My favorite songs were in Bride (Don't take your love away from me - Vast) and Bizarro (Sober - Kelly Clarkson )

Comment

Wow! Mine was Bizarro's ending too!!!

Too bad Requiem didn't end with "My Life Would Suck Without You"

Comment

they should start to end with a good song with clois

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
                        Wow! Mine was Bizarro's ending too!!!

Too bad Requiem didn't end with "My Life Would Suck Without You"
                        That would've been brilliant! And very fitting too

*Replays song for 10000th time today*

Comment

i can't tell y'all how many songs from smallville i have on my iPod! i've noticed a severe lack in the music department. wth?

~H

Comment

I miss song at the end of an episode. I have some in my ipod, that will always remember me of Smallville

so please tptb, put some song at the end like Coldplay...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎