Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lois telling telling the truth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what I don't get is when at the end she says "Let's just be happy that I was under the gun and not you. Smallville everyone knows your a terrible liar...who knows where we'd be if you would of answered that question." Can someone explain that to me?

Comment

^^My opinion, gossier101, ok, the question was, do you love him (psycho guy to Lois). I think that if PG had asked that question to Clark, he, being the big dumb alien that he is, would've said no, and then Lois would've gotten shocked. In all honesty, they BOTH love each other, in my plain and simple opinion. That's all. Hope this helps.

~H

Comment

I'm in love with her as well.

Comment

I was she was telling the truth.
          Finally some nice Clois moment.
          Lois had tears in her eyes and when she said 'yes', you could really see that she was a girl in love underneath all that bossy mask of hers. Clark's reaction was hilarious though, he twitched but hey! no electricity :P

Comment

*runs off to watch episode again*

She had the sensor on the whole time. Lois loves Clark.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alania
                If she hadn`t the sensor on, there was no need for her to tell Clark she loved him under all that pressure, she could`ve very well said "no". But, she said yes, which means she had the sensor on and could not lie. To love and to hide it is not an easy job!
                I didn't think of that. Very perceptive!

Comment

she wouldn't have reacted that way if she wasn't saying the truth!!! i love that scene

Comment

Of course she was

Comment

She told the truth!!

Comment

yeah it was a lie detector test & I know she told Clark that she slipped it off but it's because she was embarrased, i wish Clark would have answered that would have been cool to hear what he had to say even though we know he does care for her I don't know if he loves her yet but he does care for her

hmmmm I wonder who said no???? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blugolds22
                          Yes she was telling the truth. It was obvious. If she actually did slip the sensor off her finger, why would she have started crying when she answered the question and taking so long to answer it? If she did take off the sensor, she would have answered quickly and convincingly. It would thrown Clark for a loop, but she would've explained later.
                          I think if she slipped it off she would have said no. So no explanation would be needed.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Illuminati
                          Since when ? I can't figure it out, I'd say at least since 8x02 but it could be even earlier.
                          I don't know. I think she knew she had a thing for Clark back in season 6. That's the only reason I could think of why she would say "I hate that you know me like that" after Clark said she's a pitbull on a pantleg. Things like this are hard to pinpoint. I tried doing the same thing about when exactly (which episode) Lex became evil & it's very hard if not impossible to tell.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by smallville300
                          of course she told the truth she had the tears in her eyes she hesitated and she tried to avoid him also i didnt like how she lied in the elevator with calrk clark is so stupid for actually believing her dumb story
                          I don't think Clark was stupid. Other than that 1 jealous reaction with Maxima, he didn't have any other reason to believe Lois ever had a thing for him. Although, if I was him, I would have asked Lois why she said yes if the sensor was slipped off.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by EternalTwilight
                          I think she was as surprised as Clark when she answered. I'm sure she must have noticed a growing attraction to him over time and maybe even acknowledged them to herself but I doubt she realized she was in love with him until that scene. As far as the sensor, it was definitely on her finger.
                          Someone (I think in the Bride thread) pointed out that she knew she was as of the end of Instinct.

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by gossiper101
                          you know what I don't get is when at the end she says "Let's just be happy that I was under the gun and not you. Smallville everyone knows your a terrible liar...who knows where we'd be if you would of answered that question." Can someone explain that to me?
                          I'd say she said that because she noticed that Clark bought her lie about slipping off the sensor and this was a way to further cover up the truth.

I really wonder what Clark's answer would have been. It's obvious he cared for her in Committed, but I think he was very confused if he loved her at that point. I'd say he never considered Lois until the getting the jealous reaction & hearing the lie detector confession. At that time, he just seemed happy to be working at the Daily Planet & helping people after what Lana did to him. If that lie detector thing happened after Infamous, there's no question the truthful answer would be yes.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 04-19-2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by EternalTwilight
                            I'm sure she must have noticed a growing attraction to him over time and maybe even acknowledged them to herself but I doubt she realized she was in love with him until that scene.
                            I think she must have known after the encounter with Maxima. It seemed that by the time the ending barn scene of Instinct happened where Lois talked to Clark in the barn, that she had taken time to think about how she felt and she knew, especially how Maxima said Clark wouldn't have been able to break away had he not been deeply attracted to Lois. I think that probably even magnified what Lois felt for Clark because when someone realizes that their attraction would be reciprocated by the one they're attracted to, it amplifies it so much more. It seemed like she was trying to ease Clark to not overthink what he was telling her about what Maxima told him (when he told her he knew Maxima wasn't the one for him but how he was afraid that the girl for him would be right under his face and miss them). Lois specifically told him when he meets the right girl, he'll know and it seemed like she was trying to get him to consider his current surroundings & people around him (i.e. Lois).

Comment

Originally posted by disciples of zod
                              ^^My opinion, gossier101, ok, the question was, do you love him (psycho guy to Lois). I think that if PG had asked that question to Clark, he, being the big dumb alien that he is, would've said no, and then Lois would've gotten shocked. In all honesty, they BOTH love each other, in my plain and simple opinion. That's all. Hope this helps.

~H
                              I don't think that's what she meant because she was afraid that Clark wouldn't feel the same about her when the jeweler guy asked Clark the same question about if he loves Lois, which is why she was so hesitant in answering the question. If she thought Clark loved her (so that him answering that same question by saying no would get Lois shocked), then I seriously doubt she would have been anywhere as hesitant to answer that question as she was.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎