Quotes from "Prey"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM: What about your mouthy cohort... and I suppose your emerald ally and his (wait for it...) SUPER friends are still on hiatus, which leaves you.

Clark: Solo. I get it. ... I'm finally out there, embracing my destiny, making a difference.

Davis: I'm not some larger than life hero.

MM re the mystery hero, talking to Jimmy, but really it's directed at Clark: I hope that you're right, we could use the help.

Jimmy: I'm going to prove that this guy exists, C.K. He's out there. (Aaaaaaaaaa, Jimmy, little do you know but he's right beHIND you!)

Comment

So funny to see Jimmy so excited about the new hero. He's cute and last night it showed why he's Clark's best friend.

Comment

MM: what about you mouthy cohort.. She hasn't poked her nose into to this one, either... (Poor LOIS, jajajaaj, This is a Sweetest definition of her jajajaaj )

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
          Oh, I thought it was some newspaper terminology, like all Clark was contributing to the DP at this point were "Bonus features." I have no clue what she meant.

I guess "bonus features" means his abilities.
          Maybe your right...but for some reason the deliverance from Chloe didn't seem like it was newspaper terminology...I guess she was referring to his abilities and the fact that he is not bad on the eyes either. I'm not a Chlarker, but SV loves to make Chloe still have such strong feelings for Clark...and it just makes Chloe seem so dependent...ok I guess I'm done with the semi-rant sorry guys

Chloe:
          What's with the tude?! Loved this One!

Comment

Originally posted by MetropolisGirl4SV
            Maybe your right...but for some reason the deliverance from Chloe didn't seem like it was newspaper terminology...I guess she was referring to his abilities and the fact that he is not bad on the eyes either. I'm not a Chlarker, but SV loves to make Chloe still have such strong feelings for Clark...and it just makes Chloe seem so dependent...ok I guess I'm done with the semi-rant sorry guys

Chloe: What's with the tude?! Loved this One!
            If they would allow Chloe to speak in simple, coherent English instead of constant metaphors and pop culture references, we would not have to even speculate about this.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
              I loved that line. It was so true too.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Martian Manhunter to Clark: "You could be that miracle."

It reminded me of Lana's line to Clark in Action about how he could be that hero who saved people. Now it's actually coming true.
              MM: Metropolis has millions of people walking the streets, every one of them watching for a miracle--to change their lives, to give them hope. You are that miracle...and it's just a matter of time before someone discovers that.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by zorasuperman
              the part where jimmy talks about the hero in metropolis or something whose saving everyone and how hes going to be the one to find out who this mysterious hero is
              lol it reminded me a bit of spiderman and clark is right in front of jimmy not knowing
              JO: with a look of determination I'm gonna prove that this guy exists CK. Turns around, Clark blurred behind Jimmy He's out there.
              Camera focuses on Clark's scared face.
              Last edited by Angel of Mercy; 10-24-2008, 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can anybody post the whole conversation at the Daily Planet when Chloe confronts Clark?

Comment

"Mouthy cohort,"

I loved that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-El
                    John Jones: You can't allow yourself to get caught. Combing through police blotters at your desk every night, peeling back the sides of a bus in broad daylight, speeding into a crowded bar. You're so fixated on being a hero, you're not paying attention to who might be watching.
                    Clark: Is this your idea of a pep talk?
                    John Jones: It's not my identity that's at risk. Every day, I have to run faster and faster interference on these mysterious good samaritan reports.
                    Clark: Well, that means I'm doing my job. Just to make sure no one sees my face.
                    John Jones: Well, you can't be sure of that. Unless you plan to put on a mask.
                    Clark: You're joking, right.

Davis: I've always felt like... kind of like there was this darkness inside me... just fighting to get out.

Randy Klein: It's nice to have your work recognized after so many years being the good little boy in the shadows.
                    Identity? Oh, a reference to next week?

Comment

Jones: Well, you can't be sure of that. Unless you plan to put on a mask.
                      Clark: You're joking, right.

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
                        If they would allow Chloe to speak in simple, coherent English instead of constant metaphors and pop culture references, we would not have to even speculate about this.
                        True that...I totally agree with you stenochick, it took be a while to decipher the line
                        by Chloe where she says "Whats with the tude? Tude meaning attitude...this is not even a pop culture reference it actually sounds like a line coming from That 70's show...lol I couldn't help but laugh when I heard this from Chloe!

Comment

i dont see a problem with her language i thought it was funny.

bonus features means his abilities. what other bonus features would he have? Looks? yea that is what she meant-NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                            Can anybody post the whole conversation at the Daily Planet when Chloe confronts Clark?
                            Chloe: "Sharpening your pitchfork? If you're going to lead a marauding posse, you better come prepared. Clark, you gave the police the names of my ISIS group? How could you use your powers to betray me like that?"

Clark: "I didn't mean to go around you, Chloe, but you were so defensive--"

Chloe: "Like I've been defensive of you?! Clark, you don't get how much of my life I spend protecting your secret! And if you ever had enough courage to actually step forward, like the rest of these kids did, you would be the first one on that pyre! How could you, of all people, be the ringleader of this witch hunt?"

Clark: "Chloe, you're taking the side of people that you hardly know. I would think, after eight years of friendship, that you might give me the benefit of the doubt."

Chloe: "That works both ways. And your bonus features don't give you the right to trump anyone else's judgment."

Comment

Originally posted by MetropolisGirl4SV
                              True that...I totally agree with you stenochick, it took be a while to decipher the line
                              by Chloe where she says "Whats with the tude? Tude meaning attitude...this is not even a pop culture reference it actually sounds like a line coming from That 70's show...lol I couldn't help but laugh when I heard this from Chloe!
                              I actually liked that. I don't have a problem with stuff like that. It's just the constant metaphors that she, and occasionally Jimmy use that grow old after awhile.

Comment

Mine has been said: "The day I believe that is the day I stop trying."
                                Kind of a first hint at Superman's 'never-ending battle.' Very good quote.
                                I thought "what's with the 'tude" was pretty cute, actually.

Query: Does anyone else think the 'speed reading' and 'photographic memory' should have been switched? Clark does have, as Chloe has said before, an 'iron box' for memory. It bothered me that he denied having that ability.
                                Second: Who else thinks they use each others names too often? I can handle metaphors and pop culture references. Sure, they are used a lot, but at least they take some creativity (and Bonus Features were clearly his powers). But it does start to get grating when:
                                Clark: Chloe, why do you trust these people you just met?
                                Chloe: Because, Clark, they asked for my trust.
                                Clark: But Chloe, you know meteor freaks often go crazy and kill people.
                                Chloe: Clark don't call them that! Besides I am one of them too, Clark.
                                AHHHHHHH
                                Too...many.... names...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎