This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for "Prey"

Discuss the ratings!

Well, here's how "Committed" ranked in total viewership on the CW for the week of Monday, October 13, 2008 - Sunday, October 19, 2008:

1. Smallville - 4.18 million
    2. One Tree Hill - 3.47
    3. Gossip Girl - 3.31
    4. America's Next Top Model (Recap) - 3.21
    5. Supernatural - 3.06
    6. The Game - 1.81
    7. Everybody Hates Chris - 1.79
    8. 90210 (R) - 1.73
    9. 90210 (R) - 1.65
    10. America's Next Top Model (R) - 1.35
    11. Priviliged (R) - 1.22
    12. Valentine - 0.74
    13. Easy Money - 0.71
    14. In Harm's Way - 0.62

And here's how Smallville currently ranks in total average viewership for the season (not counting repeats and recaps):

1. Smallville (5 episodes) - 4.17
    2. America's Next Top Model (7) - 3.95
    3. One Tree Hill (6) - 3.38
    4. Gossip Girl (6) - 3.37
    5. 90210 (7) - 3.30
    6. Supernatural (5) - 3.21
    7. Priviliged (5) - 2.24
    8. Everybody Hates Chris (3) - 1.85
    t. The Game (3) - 1.85

I think that Smallville will probably have to take second this week, since ANTM had 4.44 million viewers last night. But, I think "Prey" will still do pretty well. It's coming off of a good episode, and the trailer was great. It also has the MM, so I think we'll stay above four million again.

Comment

I'm guessing 4.18 mil. again. I can't believe ANTM did so well?
      I was watching Knight Rider

I read they stopped production on Valentine and Easy Money. I don't think it will affect CW, they've most likely already been paid for that Sunday block. Stylista did awful.

What is another Site to get the Finals? I like his Overnights, but,
      I don't like scrolling thru all the comments on Marc Berman's site to get the Finals.
      Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-23-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Well, Hello all. This is my fisrt message in the K-Site forum.
        Just for you to know a little about myself I wrote it in blue color so if you don't want to read it and skip right to my asstimation, it will be easy for you.

My name is Liran, I'm 25 years old from Israel. I came to know SV in June 2005, when I suddenly watched a syndicated episode from season 2 and I really liked it. Since then I've been watching SV and on January 2006, after watching Commencement (4th season finale) I decided that SV is the best Sci-Fi show I've ever seen in my life (and for me, this episode is the best episode of the series).

Although I'm from Israel I'm still interested in the ratings SV receives in order to try and predict if the show will be renewed each and every year. From watching Season 8 I feel that SV truly deserves a Season 9 (But only if TW stays and the title of the show remains to be "Smallville").

As you can see, I chose my avatar to be the 3 stones which formed the crystal of knowledge (right in the moment of creation), and now that crystal takes place again in the plot of season 8 (and I think it's great).

To conclude I'll just say that I also don't like DO.

I think that this week also, SV will enjoy app. 4.15 mil viewers. However, it also means that this will be the first week this season that SV will be the CW's #1 scripted show and not overall, because ANTM had more...

Just a question, because I'm new here:
        I understood that TPTB stands for: The Powers That Be.
        What I haven't understand so far what PS3 stands for (The only thing that came up on my mind is Play Station 3 and I don't think that this is the answer) ? So what PS3 stands for ?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Liran, welcome to KSite! I too, loved Commencement and Arrival! Glad to have you on the Ratings thread.

PS3 is what we call the 4 new Showrunners. (I think it caught on because of the Playstation),
          but it stands for Brian Peterson, and the 3 S's. Todd Slavkin. Kelly Souders, Darren Swimmer.

That's an awesome Avatar.
          Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-23-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Hi, SparkleforSmallville, Thank you.

It all makes sense now about PS3. Loved the idea behind it and probably wouldn't guess it myself.

Your avatar is also lovely. The FOS is one of the things I really like in SV, and hope to see it soon again in SV.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
              What is another Site to get the Finals? I like his Overnights, but,
              I don't like scrolling thru all the comments on Marc Berman's site to get the Finals.
              They post them here (sitcomsonline) also, but usually they are posted later than pifeedback.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how well Smallville does since game 2 of the World Series was on at the same time. Alot of sports guys said that a Phillies/Rays World Series would be Fox's worst nightmare because they aren't 2 big name teams like the Cubs and Red Sox, so maybe Smalville did really good in the ratings...

Comment

I'm thinking 4.21

Comment

I think it will definitely be over 4mil...but I don't think it will do better than committed...unless a lot of different people who like the comics tuned in to catch a glimpse of Doomsday.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                      I think that Smallville will probably have to take second this week, since ANTM had 4.44 million viewers last night. But, I think "Prey" will still do pretty well. It's coming off of a good episode, and the trailer was great. It also has the MM, so I think we'll stay above four million again.
                      MM wasn't in the promos, was he? I don't remember.

I think, coming off of last week's episodes, we may be slighter higher than last week. Or, at least, the same. Unless folks tuned in last week to see Clois. Lois was listed, though, as being in this episode pretty much everywhere... I think folks might be used to seeing Lois in every episode this season. A lot of people even logging onto K-site were confused as to why Lois wasn't in the episode. And those are fans who care enough to actually post here... non-message board fans have no clue what's going on.

And "ANTM" had 4.44 viewers? How did that happen

Comment

I agree. I think that Prey has a good chance of doing well. The viewers went up for Instinct and then went up again for Committed. If the trend continues Prey should do well, but I don't believe ANTM got 4.44 million. That's insane

Comment

Difficult to predict.We don't know how much steam Committed built up for Prey.Personally i liked Committed more because it was more light hearted.But i have to admit that Prey had a good plot and kept the viewer guessing about the true killer.I believe that it will stay over the 4mil mark

Comment

I'm thinking it will be over 4 million.

The internet buzz for this one is huge.

I have to wait about 3 hours before I can see it because the buzz is so big.

I'm thinking this did well!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I'm thinking the iTunes dl's are gonna be through the roof here.
                            Last edited by psyko69; 10-24-2008, 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The CW capped off Thursday with veteran Smallville (#5: 2.9/ 5), which dipped by 15 percent from one year earlier) and Supernatural (#5: 2.3/ 3). Is Robin the Boy Wonder heading to the CW Thursday next season?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎