Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of The Tower is Tall But the Fall is Short?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 - This episode was fantastic. Excellent use of character development, for a number of characters. The use of the Psychologist was an inspired method of delivering to us the true happenings of S2 Ep1.

Finally Cameron has returned. Fully functioning protector of John CONNOR (this is still her role on the starting credits of the show). Excellent fight scene, and ultimate technique used to destroy the new threat. I hope that future stories explain who she was sent to kill (the psycologist as he helps the CONNOR's grow stronger, John whilst being helped by the psyc, or the opportunity to kill both).

Welcome back to Cameron having a greater role in the show (GLAU is absolutely the star of this show in my opinion) and also a big welcome back to the Sarah CONNOR naration at the end of the episode. Both have been greatly missed.

Finally - COME ON AMERICA, PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW.

Comment

There is a lot to like in this episode first the elimination of that horrible introduction and the return of Sarahs voiceover which I really liked last year becasue it alway gave the viewer a window into what she was thinking. The whole idea of John suffering from post trumatic stress was a good way to take his charcter becuse even hardened soldiers suffer from this condition so it only natural that John would after killing a man for the first time.

Jesse was an intresting addition to the mix I she clearly has some hidden agenda did any else think she said Connor's brother was a bubble tech. I don't think she is a spy becasue one it is too simple and also why not just send a Jesse Terminator The self selfdestructing Terminators was a nice way to show that Skynet was still learning and adapting. the Weaver story line progressed to some degree the parallel betwenn her understanding of the daugther and the new born AI was a nice plot element.

Ellison still seems out of place he is just starting to ask question he must not have been much of an investigator becasue in addition to being wierd from day one and knowing about Terminators his new boss has a hidden floor and secret project. I would have looked into this before now.

This weeks terminator fight between Cameron and the other female terminator was well done the comic pause was a little out of place but that's fine. I was cool to see Cameron just take the other model apart like she did I always wondered why the terminators fought hand to hand now I know. All in all a very strong show this goes to explaine the back nine some of the reports I have read have stated that Fox is pleased creatively with the next few shows and I can't blame them.
      Last edited by nicmar; 10-23-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I really liked the doc. Confused about Savannah.
        Did she steal that pregnant womans child along with taking over her identity?

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
          ...Confused about Savannah. Did she [Catherine Weaver] steal that pregnant womans child along with taking over her identity?
          Presumably as little machines do what they're told, and don't pee on the floor when they're scared.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by nicmar
          ...Jesse was an intresting addition to the mix I she clearly has some hidden agenda did any else think she said Connor's brother was a bubble tech. I don't think she is a spy becasue one it is too simple and also why not just send a Jesse Terminator. The self selfdestructing Terminators was a nice way to show that Skynet was still learning and adapting. the Weaver story line progressed to some degree the parallel betwenn her understanding of the daugther and the new born AI was a nice plot element.
          Jesse may well be a spy as Skynet may figure that she has "connections" to get into the SC circle and point the way for a Terminator. As to why Jesse would do this, some combination of reward (the best food and jobs available) and punishment avoidance (torture and death) should do the trick. Skynet probably put a "tracker" in her just in case she decides to go AWOL.

Originally posted by nicmar
          ...Ellison still seems out of place he is just starting to ask question he must not have been much of an investigator becasue in addition to being wierd from day one and knowing about Terminators his new boss has a hidden floor and secret project. I would have looked into this before now.
          Catherine Weaver is probably paying Ellison a LOT of money which buys closed eyes. Plus Ellison probably figures it's some corporate project. Even if the guys in the lab talk to Ellison, he's not going to figure that CW is trying to build a machine that will start WWIII. If somebody does talk to Ellison and Ellison talks to SC et al. , then the light will dawn.
          Last edited by baldy46; 10-27-2008, 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by robofan
            Yes, but, if lady T888 was after John, Cameron would then listen to the sounds of John getting killed.
            I was wondering why John didn't talk to the doctor in another room without the bug, but you have explained it to me Good idea
            But I have two more questions..

First is, who was the second Terminator and what was her mission...

Second question is, who is Jesse? Because I thought that she was killed by the terminator in the car.. Obviously she wasn't.. I have wathed the episode once again and the women in the car was that assistant of the doctor and the terminator killed her, so probably that terminator aim was to kill the doctor, not John.. ..Wow, I hope I got the answers to my questions in next episode

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎