Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the context of each relationship Clana versus Clois is what determines their success or lack thereof. It was Lana who said that she was holding Clark back, and in a sense that was true. In the episode "Action," Lana brought up the point of Clark being able to save the world, and he told her that he had everything he wanted with her on the Kent farm. She realized then, and after having a lot of time to think whilst under Brainiac's imprisonment, the undeniable truth: Clark will not move on if she stays.

Once Lana left, however, Clark stationed himself primarily in Metropolis so that he could monitor the crimes that are happening in the surrounding area and around the world. Lois happens to already be there. Thus, when their relationship forms, it isn't perfect, but Clark's priorities have already been shaped.

Thus Clois works because each knows what they're getting into. I will note, however that this is only a semi-truth. I mean, if one were to cite Superman II, for instance, Clark makes Lois forget about his powers because she finds the secret difficult to handle. Yet, in some comic book versions, which admittedly I am not well versed in, their romantic relationship is able to progress.

I am definitely curious to see how Smallville handles this relationship. There is a lot of room to be creative, and yet there may also be a chance where a relationship never happens. After all, it isn't Clark Kent that Lois loves, it is Superman... Kal-El, the real person underneath the disguise, and since Smallville will never show Superman, they may never actually get together. Instead, they may just love each other - secretly - from afar.

Comment

Although the phrase Lois isn't Lana sums it all,it is very possible to fall in and out of love with people who are diametrical opposites.
      In my own life,I married my HS sweetie who was my polar opposite.Fifteen years and two kids later we were stiffling each other and wondering what drew us together in the first place.
      Later I married someone who was my soulmate and grew to love even more than the first.
      So it is possible to truly fall in love again,and to someone with a completely different personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
        Although the phrase Lois isn't Lana sums it all,it is very possible to fall in and out of love with people who are diametrical opposites.
        In my own life,I married my HS sweetie who was my polar opposite.Fifteen years and two kids later we were stiffling each other and wondering what drew us together in the first place.
        Later I married someone who was my soulmate and grew to love even more than the first.
        So it is possible to truly fall in love again,and to someone with a completely different personality.
        I can definitely relate, Alicia Chipy. I didn't marry my first love or my second love. But the third time was charm for me. Twenty-three years and two daughters later, I'm even more in love with my man. I guess Martha was right in my case. "Sometimes, you have to get through the wrong ones to find the right one." God bless her.

Comment

Originally posted by DestinyAw8s
          I can definitely relate, Alicia Chipy. I didn't marry my first love or my second love. But the third time was charm for me. Twenty-three years and two daughters later, I'm even more in love with my man. I guess Martha was right in my case. "Sometimes, you have to get through the wrong ones to find the right one." God bless her.
          AMEN to that!

Comment

Honestly, Clana could and would work if the writers wanted it to. Again their hands are tied by mythos, cannon, comics. There is this big misconception that Clark & Lana broke up b/c she got "darker". They broke up because she decided to break up with him so that he could save the world. Clark was at her beside everyday for the majority of the day when she was in her coma. I don't know that they would have broken up if Lana had not initiated it. The only reason Clois works is because the writers write it that way (or will write it that way). Most likely either one of these relationships could work. If Clark were to talk with Lana about having a dual identity, she'd probably would be fine with that - this way they could be together and he could still save the world like she wanted. Lois would be fine with this, too. Yeah, Lana got darker for a time, but she got over that and if they could get over all of that drama, it really proves how strong the relationship was. If anyone brought out the worst in them - it was Lex. But anyway, I don't see that Clois will work better than Clana. They are both different women and both could and would work -- just in different ways. I do think that if Lana had not taken herself out of the picture, there would be no Clois. With Lana in the picture Clark seemed destined to never get over her. It actually took her leaving for him to even try to get over her. That's very telling.

Comment

I thought that too I guess the only answer is that lois can take care of herself ~

Comment

I read all the posts and want to thank you for some insight into the lives of Lana, Lois and Clark. I felt bad for Clark that Lana was out of reach for him the first two seasons until the end of S2 and then he pushed Lana away. S3 sees them both apart and Lana goes to Paris to get away from Clark. S4 sees Lana with the asst. coach. S5, Clark and Lana are together but Clark's secret gets in the way of them being close. S6, Lana and Lex gets together. S7 Lana knows Clark's secret but Lana's vengence towards Lex gets in the way. Also Bizarro makes things complicated as Lana doesn't know the difference between him and Clark. Lana thinks she is holding Clark back from his destiny and exits. There were such few times in 7 years that they were really happy and it is very sad...Lana and Lois are very different. I see Lana as being reserved and I can't remember if she ever had a full laugh. If she did, they were few and far between. She seems to be dependent on men to make her happy...Lois is just the opposite and is full of expression to the point her mouth gets her in trouble. She can make Clark laugh and have every kind of emotion. Lois is outgoing and exciting to watch and be around. One way to explain it is that Lana is the downer and Lois is the upper. I see Clark as being too much like Lana. He can be moody, quiet, reserved, like the world is on his shoulders. In my experience it is better if a couple are opposites. This is why Lois and Clark work. Lois is going to keep Clark from dwelling on things he has no control over. She is going to make him laugh and not take himself too serious. She is going to keep Clark guessing and make his life worth living because he has long lasting love to keep him going...I wish Lana and Clark could have made it because she was Clark's first love but too many things just kept getting in the way of their happiness and at some point they have to say it wasn't meant to be and go on and find love and happiness with others. For Clark it is Lois, and I'm looking forward to their journey in SV. I hope by the end we will see them declaring their love for each other...I'm not sure there is a right or wrong but this is the way I see it. Thanks for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                  Honestly, Clana could and would work if the writers wanted it to. Again their hands are tied by mythos, cannon, comics.
                  Even though Clana does exist in the mythos, it has never been Clark's destiny to end up with her.

NEVER.

And it never will.

Just because there is love, doesn't mean there is a destiny there.

That's the real difference between Lois and Lana. Lois's destiny is to be with Clark. Lana's is not.

Comment

What about everything?
                    What about airplanes?
                    And what about ships that drank the sea?
                    What about the moon and stars?
                    What about soldier battle scars
                    And all the anger that they eat?

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                      What about everything?
                      What about airplanes?
                      And what about ships that drank the sea?
                      What about the moon and stars?
                      What about soldier battle scars
                      And all the anger that they eat?

I saw your James Marsters icon, read your name "Bored Now," deduced that you were a BTVS fan and immediately knew you were a cool member. Lol, and now with your poster, you have proven it. Hilarious.

I think from now on I will just ignore these posts and hope that they get quickly buried in the previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                        I really want Lana to come back and show she is over Clark .... and that she matured and is living a happy life wherever she was living by now with someone who truly appreciate her without the whole secrets, lies, drama, agnst crap that only helped to destroy her character! Like everyonelse on this show, Lana deserves a fair decent close up for her character .... after she plays a big role on Supermanīs life as well .... !

She does play a role in his life , but in the mythos she is not over Clark. Even though she marries Pete, she names their son Clark. She turned to Pete after Clark tells her he's in love with Lois.

Poor Pete knew this but loved Lana and hoped she would some day feel the same way. She never really did.

I don't know how they'll handle this in SV, but if they follow her character's path in the source material, she'll have to accept Clark has moved on, even though she hasn't.

I guess we'll see!

Comment

There are some great posts here, especially by ginnyfan and morrigan01. I was almost cheering aloud as I was reading them!

What I really need to see now is that Clark is getting over Lana by choice, not just because she's gone. After everything she's put him through, he has always had those Lana blinders on and keeps forgiving her and letting things slide. (And yes, I realize that he lied to her for years and years about his secret, but good god, can you blame him?) And then SHE'S the one to break it off. I hope when she returns later this season, Clark closes that proverbial door himself and no one has to shove him out and lock it again.

Comment

Originally posted by scifigirl
                            ITA with your post. I hope that she has come back for closure and not to give the relationship another try and I really hope the writers don't make her into a stalker ex girlfriend. I want to see the more grown up Clark we have seen interact with a more grown up Lana and have them both acknowledge that while they love each other, the relationship was not meant to be.
                            ITA!!

Comment

Originally posted by KelterDai
                              Even though Clana does exist in the mythos, it has never been Clark's destiny to end up with her.

NEVER.

And it never will.

Just because there is love, doesn't mean there is a destiny there.

That's the real difference between Lois and Lana. Lois's destiny is to be with Clark. Lana's is not.
                              Are you saying it's destiny because of the comics? I wonder if Clark knowing this would reject Lois liked he formerly rejected his "destiny" of being a leader and saving the world. It really takes the fun out of something when you are told "this is your destiny no matter what" as if you have no choice in the matter - no free will. "You will be with Lois, it is your destiny - period." I hope Season 8 does not go like that. I'm a big movie Clois fan and I wouldn't be supportive of a Season 8 that pretty much tells me this is what "has" to happen without showing the natural progression of it. At the moment, it seems like the biggest difference between Lana and Lois is that Clark chose Lana. No destiny forced upon him. He chose her. With Lois at the moment, we are getting a lot of "destiny" and very little "free will'.

Comment

I think there is definitely some free will involved with Clois. I mean, the fact is, Clark doesn't love Lois yet. He cares about her, he doesn't want her to get hurt or killed, but he isn't daydreaming about her and I think there is still a lot of time left to indicate why exactly it is that Clark chooses her over Lana.

Don't get me wrong, I was always a Clana supporter. I would have loved it if in some way they could have ended up together, but I just don't see it happening anymore, and after their lackluster romance last season, I accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎