Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Loop Hole

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found the link to the information about Sylar losing his abilities, if you want to read it it's here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18281 (May contain spoilers, I didn't read it all) It's about 3/4 down the page, beside a picture with Peter/Claire.

So, it looks like he did lose his powers, but ended up getting them back in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
      Does he really need to kill people to gain their power? Or was it just the hunger?
      He doesnt need to kill them,that is the hunger.

If he could get his hands on the enzyme they produce without cutting off the top of their heads he would understand it just the same. Claire heals, that is why she didn't die.

Comment

Originally Posted by JW_102792
        I just found the link to the information about Sylar losing his abilities, if you want to read it it's here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18281 (May contain spoilers, I didn't read it all) It's about 3/4 down the page, beside a picture with Peter/Claire.

So, it looks like he did lose his powers, but ended up getting them back in the future.
        I had read that too, but it still doesn't make any sense. Sure I guess he could get the future painting ability since it seems more common, but a nuclear ability can't be a common power unless cities start blowing up all over the world. It just seems really odd that he would happen to regain these two particular powers and use them in this one scene. Maybe the writers are trying to throw us off?

Comment

I think he's just temporarily lost his old abilities, and he will eventually learn to get them all back.

Comment

yeah cause remember the episode when sylar found claire he said he wasnt fully healed or something maybe his powers are gone

Comment

this is what i think: the future Sylar that gone nuclear is a different time lined than the one with present. Maybe the future Sylar didnt even lose his power or surpressed by the virus as such. If they suffer the same fate as the present, then future Peter would not even have the scar. Get my point? So i conclude that i believe most of Sylar's intial powers all gone. What he has now is the current obtained powers.

Comment

Originally posted by edwinisdenim
                this is what i think: the future Sylar that gone nuclear is a different time lined than the one with present. Maybe the future Sylar didnt even lose his power or surpressed by the virus as such. If they suffer the same fate as the present, then future Peter would not even have the scar. Get my point? So i conclude that i believe most of Sylar's intial powers all gone. What he has now is the current obtained powers.
                Thats not possible.

From the moment you leave the current timeline to the future you are going in a straight line. When you come back it has a chance to veer off course but until you come back it is a straight line.

the shift is that the time line is supposed to be without YOU while you are in the future but Heroes suspends disbelief on that aspect and doesnt use that as part of their cannon.

Comment

Hang on, hang on! At the end of season two Sylar used telekinesis to grab the can of spinach. Hence, he still has his powers.

Comment

He's used Telekinesis a few times since then, but none of his others. The writers said he lost everything but his original power and telekinesis, so either he kills someone with future seeing/nuclear power between now and the future, he gets his other abilities back, or they just forgot they had said he lost his powers (I doubt it)

Comment

Originally posted by Merfish
                      Yeah, the shanti virus made him forget how to use his original power, how things work and so he "lost" all his powers but the two that were deepseated in him.

For those who think otherwise because in the future, he could paint and nuke, almost everyone has powers, a smorgasbord for Sylar, he probably had everypower then, the same with future peter.
                      The shanti virus most definately did [i]not[/i[ make him forget how to use his original power. He was using it throughout season 2. When you hear the clocks ticking, and then sylar figures out how something/someone works, that'd be him using his power to know how things work.

Comment

So that means that Peter isn't able to absorb all those other powers? I guess a possibility to make Peter and Sylar not as powerful is to use/bring back the Shanti virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                          Thats not possible.

From the moment you leave the current timeline to the future you are going in a straight line. When you come back it has a chance to veer off course but until you come back it is a straight line.

the shift is that the time line is supposed to be without YOU while you are in the future but Heroes suspends disbelief on that aspect and doesnt use that as part of their cannon.
                          please explain the part where Hiro was dead in season 1 in the future when he got shot by Parkman and in season 3 he was 'shot' by Ando with his power. Why was there 2 Hiros if they are the same time line. That shows different ending for each timeline. The last one Nathan didnt survive with Sylar took his place while current timeline Sylar is a good man. Hence, back to the topic, whether Sylar lost his power or not has nothing to do with the future Sylar having the rest powers because each Sylar has different fate.

Comment

I just don't get how Future Peter has a scar if he can heal, unless there is a hero with the power to scar someone even if they can heal, which would be dumb. With Peter and Sylar not having their powers, I guess FYG theory went out the window, cause I've waited awhile for a big fight between them.

Comment

Originally posted by edwinisdenim
                              please explain the part where Hiro was dead in season 1 in the future when he got shot by Parkman and in season 3 he was 'shot' by Ando with his power. Why was there 2 Hiros if they are the same time line. That shows different ending for each timeline. The last one Nathan didnt survive with Sylar took his place while current timeline Sylar is a good man. Hence, back to the topic, whether Sylar lost his power or not has nothing to do with the future Sylar having the rest powers because each Sylar has different fate.
                              Each future they go to is on the timeline at the point where they jump, but when they jump back, they change it, either eliminating the future timeline or merely closing it off from travel.

If all Hiro/Peter did was jump to random universes, it would make no sense. There'd be no reason for them to try and change anything, because it isn't there universe, and whatever they do won't change that other timeline, and whatever happened in that timeline has nothing to do with their original timeline, thus shedding no light on how to prevent similar futures in their own timeline.

Comment

So the whole scar thing makes sense now that Peter's powers are gone. I knew they would make it work with the future one having a scar.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎