Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Clark turn Maxima down?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark was under Maxima's spell. I don't think he really wanted to be with her. She had control of him. The fact that Lois's calling his name and making her presence known shows that Clark has some kind of feelings for her as well. She may not be the love of his life quite yet, but there's obviously some fairly strong emotion there, because she had enough influence that he left Maxima and ran to Lois. The romance of myth is beginning to lay its foundations. And I'm not a shipper by ANY stretch of the imagination. I find 'ships rather annoying, in fact. I just think it's cool to see this starting to shape up and resemble the comics.

Comment

well i think he wanted her but saw lois and that broke the spell. he did clear off the desk.

Comment

Yeah, he cleared off the desk, but again, I'm pretty sure he was under the hormonal spell of Maxima's kisses.

Comment

Clark turned Maxima down because Earth is his home and everyone he loves is here and he's not going to exchange that for sex. Maxima is a psycho warrior princess and Clark is a man of peace.

Comment

Maxima explained why he pulled away, because he's deeply attracted to Lois and there is a bond between them which is strong enough to break out of her spell. All Lois did was say "Smallville" in a very calm way and it was enough for him to snap out of it completely. He looks happy to see her and actually in love, Then the look of pain on her face as she ran away made him run after her.

This bond is often brought up in the comics. For example when Clark cant remember who he is and Lois cant remember who she is, the bond they have brings them together, Its why it happened in Apocalypse too.

He decided to stay because he was already out of the spell, and understood where his priorities lay. He clung onto her because he's desperate for a soul mate..he knew it wasn't her but he's lonely.
            Last edited by DontCha; 10-15-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait...

Lana Lang killed/murdered someone in Smallville? I can't recall her having killed anyone. Attacked, threatened, abused, misused, manipulated, etc... but killed? Nah... who'd she kill?
              Lana murdered Genevieve Teage while she was posessed by Isobel and the Luthors (those guys she hates so much) covered that for her, otherwise she would have been prosecuted.

Lana also vaporized Buffy (she killed her) while she was a vampire, but that is excusable because Buffy infected her first. No one pressed charges, though Lana, while not herself, knew perfectly well what she was doing and shot her a fulminating beam of heat vision. She conveniently forgot about that part when she was cured and only remembered the nice part, the warmth she felt when she bit Clark.

To her other offences, you should add kidnap, torture and denying a dying woman appropriate health care (she died later and we never knew what happened to her body).
              Last edited by Bizarrolover; 10-15-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha
                Maxima explained why he pulled away, because he's deeply attracted to Lois and there is a bond between them which is strong enough to break out of her spell. All Lois did was say "Smallville" in a very calm way and it was enough for him to snap out of it completely. He looks happy to see her and actually in love, Then the look of pain on her face as she ran away made him run after her.

This bond is often brought up in the comics. For example when Clark cant remember who he is and Lois cant remember who she is, the bond they have brings them together, Its why it happened in Apocalypse too.

He decided to stay because he was already out of the spell, and understood where his priorities lay. He clung onto her because he's desperate for a soul mate..he knew it wasn't her but he's lonely.

i totally agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha

That's exactly what I wanted to say.Thank you

Comment

Oh, yea.. I forgot Lana had killed before. O_O. That's another name to add to my murderor list in my murderor topic.

Comment

Because she was killing people and didn't care?

Because secretly he's hot for Lois and couldn't help but be distracted by her.

Because Maxima would kill any woman who got close to him.

Because Maxima is a ruler of a different planet and would expect Clark to move there.

Take your pick

Comment

Oh, yea.. I forgot Lana had killed before. O_O. That's another name to add to my murderor list in my murderor topic.
                        Check the supermanhomepage. They have very extensive list of people that have been murdered, disappeared, forgotten, gone psycho, locked in Belle Reve, etc on this show.

Here's the link to the Smallville knock out count. Lex's on the top. He was knocked unconsious 49 times. Almost 1/3 of the show.

Comment

I think the only thing that had Clark torn was that he'd never be lonely. And that power wise, they were equals. And that what if there is no other who will be his soulmate.

I think those were important issues to him, but that borednow is right about all the reasons why Clark would say no. What I thought was really important to the scene was showing that Clark is accepting his destiny, that he can't just run off to another world. That we should take that as important development with Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                            Lana murdered Genevieve Teage while she was posessed by Isobel and the Luthors (those guys she hates so much) covered that for her, otherwise she would have been prosecuted.

Lana also vaporized Buffy (she killed her) while she was a vampire, but that is excusable because Buffy infected her first. No one pressed charges, though Lana, while not herself, knew perfectly well what she was doing and shot her a fulminating beam of heat vision. She conveniently forgot about that part when she was cured and only remembered the nice part, the warmth she felt when she bit Clark.

To her other offences, you should add kidnap, torture and denying a dying woman appropriate health care (she died later and we never knew what happened to her body).
                            She also killed one of Morgan Edges hencemen, which was weird because he died in the Kent farm and it was never mentioned again.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                              It did seem like he was torn about what he should do. I think Clark is very lonely right now and being with someone like him was very tempting. He did what he thought he should do and that is stay on earth like he told others along the way. It is his home where everyone and everything he cares about is.
                              I like this.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Imzadia
                              Yeah, to All you said. He does seem quite lonely, but I think working with Lois helps him move on. And, 'Clarkbunny', you may or may not have been around when a lot of us fans were discussing Clark's moral values as compared to Superman's moral values in the future. When Clark was a teenager, with fresh, raging hormones, his parents made every effort to strongly instill sexual morality in him. He was taught that casual sex was unacceptable behavior, and that a deep commitment should be entered into before making that choice. I know it may sound 'preachy', but that's what he was taught to hold up as a standard. Unless he's completely uninhibited by Red-K, he usually won't even Kiss a woman he doesn't know. So, eventhough the 'super' endorphin rush induced by Maxima made him throw himself into the 'heat' of the moment, and it Has been a Long time since Clark's been 'intimate' with anyone, he still became embarrassed by his behavior when Lois caught them. He didn't just 'go for it' with Maxima because he's "the big blue boyscout". It seems as though he Empathized with Maxima, but he couldn't follow her to her home planet and 'set up house' with an alien stranger, IMO.
                              I agree with this.
                              Last edited by Raistlin; 10-11-2011, 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎