Special Effects in "Instinct"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loooooooved the superspeed effects in the beginning, more than all the other times he's used super speed. I don't know why, it just looked really epic.

Comment

The SFX looked pretty nice. The car toss could have used some work, but it wasn't as bad as the trailer made it look.

I liked that we got to see Clark's X-Ray vision again.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
      I like Smallville's new effect house. Entity I think joined in season 7 and they have done a great job so far.
      Entity has been with Smallville since S2.
      Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-10-2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I liked the bright red blur trail when Clark grabbed Maxima and took off before she could hit Lois..

Comment

I heard around that the budget have been cut off this season as well, I think I have to disagree because the effects in this season are much better than some from last season.

The porthole effect was pretty well done as well as the super-speed scene (they are always updating on that one), the car toss, all effects in this episode were awesome.

Comment

What effects did you dislike last season PJBoy?

Comment

I thought the Fx were great.

Comment

^^ I agree, i really like Smallville's FX.
                In the show "Heroes" there was this flying scene an the guy looked like a piece of paper

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                  Oh Yeah, Superspeed, Xray Vision, "Clark time", Superhearing! Did I mention Super-cute and Super-sexy? Love it when he uses several Powers.
                  Did you notice? When Clark was running in "Clark time" to save Jimmy, Clark's coat was blowing behind him like a Cape.
                  I noticed that too and I thought it looked really cool with his jacket and all blowing behind him. He looked a bit more "Supermanly" in that dark outfit IMO but YMMV

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by PJBoy
                  I heard around that the budget have been cut off this season as well, I think I have to disagree because the effects in this season are much better than some from last season.

The porthole effect was pretty well done as well as the super-speed scene (they are always updating on that one), the car toss, all effects in this episode were awesome.
                  So far i think superspeed has looked the best out of his powers this season from the all blue blur in Plastique. To the slow-mo "Clark-Time" superspeed in this episode. Both looked so awesome to me
                  Last edited by THE"Lurker"; 10-11-2008, 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Backstabbers_84
                    Well, there were some of them in my option like the Zor-El flight at the farm in "Blue", that was awful.

Originally posted by THE"Lurker"
                    So far i think superspeed has looked the best out of his powers this season from the all blue blur in Plastique. To the slow-mo "Clark-Time" superspeed in this episode. Both looked so awesome to me
                    I think "plastique" was the kind of "saving money" episode. There was nothing special in that episode from special effects, I think the objective of the producers was to decrease the special effects from that episode so they would make something bigger in another episode. As I said, that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Backstabbers_84
                      Well i'm not PJBoy, but last season had some bad effects like the fortress falling and kara flying out of the plane in arctic. terrible. but this episode i like all of the effects. The car flip was a little unrealistic, but it looked nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Smalvil1
                        Well i'm not PJBoy, but last season had some bad effects like the fortress falling and kara flying out of the plane in arctic. terrible. but this episode i like all of the effects. The car flip was a little unrealistic, but it looked nice.
                        It did kind of seem like they had ran out of money for "Arctic."

Comment

the car flip actually didn't look fake, b/c i thought some effects from previous eps looked sort of fake.

they pulled it off nicely! ya!

~K

Comment

I enjoyed the Special Effects, but the non-special effects were put into the hands of an idiot. I am speaking of course, of the botched rotating rings effect.

The whole point of the effect is to make it look like the two hoops are defying the law of gravity. And the only reason the effect works is that each point on the edge of a hoop looks the same as every other point.

So there are only two ways that the illusion be destroyed:

1) By marking a point on the hoop, say, by ATTACHING A PERPENDICULAR PIECE OF METAL TO IT.

2) By putting a blue crystal into the middle of the hoop AND HAVING IT SPIN at the same rate as the hoops!

This is matched in stupidity only by another example I saw (I can't remember the series/movie) which actually had the mechanism in shot WHILE AT A STANDSTILL!

I think they made the mistake of having Props people in charge of it rather than Effects people.

Comment

Well, I don't understand you, that crystal effect looked awesome to me.
                              I love the car toss, but teleportation was quite ugly.
                              You can see that CK's superspeed looks different this season, and it's a lot better.

Nice job !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎