Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I'm happy with 4.08 mil.
    ANTM final was 3.93 mil. So Smallville is still CW's Top for the week even before the Final rating. Wonder how many top Episodes have to air, before a renewal is a lock? There doesn't seem to be a set formula. I think all the networks are scrambling cause it seems most show's ratings have declined this year!

I agree, an Awesome Episode. When Clark pulled out Lana's necklace, my jaw dropped! Talk about Continuity! All the way back to the Pilot! Love it!
    Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-10-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

4 mil. is what I was hoping for and 4.08 that good.

Comment

How (please tell me it was badly) did my archenemies (Gossip Girl, 90210) do in comparison? Even if it was just a smidge, I'm glad Smallville bested Top Model; yay for superheroes trumping skinny women reality competition!

Comment

The same...3.5 GG and 3.05 90210

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
            They're lower than Smallville?? Then I have won!

Thanks for the info, tariksam!

Comment

Full details:

TimeNetShowViewers Live+SD (Millons)18-49 Rating/ Share18-34 Rating/ Share
              8:00CBSSurvivor: Gabon13.3104.3/13
              ABCUgly Betty8.4802.6/7
              NBCMy Name is Earl7.0902.7/8
              FOXMLB Playoff pregame5.2601.5/5
              CWSmallville4.081.6/4
              UNICuidado con el Angel
              8:30NBCKath & Kim (premiere)7.4603.2/9
              FOXMLB Playoff: Dodgers/Phillies6.8002.2/6
              CBSCSI (premiere)22.9807.0/17
              9:00ABCGrey’s Anatomy14.5405.5/13
              NBCThe Office9.0004.6/11
              UNIFuego en la Sangre
              FOXMLB Playoff: Dodgers/Phillies
              CWSupernatural 3.14 1.4/4
              9:30NBCSaturday Night Live Special10.5905.0/12
              10:00ABCLife on Mars (premiere)11.6003.8/10
              CBSEleventh Hour (premiere)11.5903.4/9
              NBCER9.3404.0/10
              UNILa Rosa de Guadalupe

Comment

Thanks for the details, Luiz Fernando.

Smallville didn't do too badly, and improved slightly from last week IIRC, but poor Supernatural ; despite being heartwrenching and amazing, they're up against some really stiff competition.

Comment

Supernatural really took a dip in the ratings.

Smallville is back to 4 million viewers

Comment

And the best thing about it is episodes like Instinct will help keep the ratings up.Those tuning in for the first time will want to come back for Commited.I just hope they won't expect to see Maxima again next week.

Comment

Ratings are down from last year and have steadily declined over the years with occasional exceptions. It shows that relentless pimping of plots no one wants to see, like Chimmey, and attempts to retcon the story and individual characters turn viewers off. Viewers who have watched the show since it began know how characters should be depicted and what they expect to see and they are obviously not afraid to go elsewhere if they are disappointed and bored. If the CW has now decided they want to appeal to younger women they have missed the mark when it comes to the breakdowns in other eps and this will probably be no exception. Basically they're screwing up and ratings are going down compared to other seasons and that is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
                        Ratings are down from last year and have steadily declined over the years with occasional exceptions. It shows that relentless pimping of plots no one wants to see, like Chimmey, and attempts to retcon the story and individual characters turn viewers off.
                        Does it? Because I think that losing MR, KK and JG could also impact the ratings this season, but that's just me.

Comment

Really, SV is an 8 year old show. Its changed networks. It gets no promotion essentially. Its not supported by the network its on. Its lost major cast members. The storyline has changed a lot. Its had its budget cut.

I don't know how anyone can expect the ratings not to slide to some degree. I'm actually surprised how well its holding up. If you read about some of the other "big" shows out there, they are hemorraging viewers at a much greater rate then SV, and in far less time, i.e. Heroes.

I knew the ratings would be down this year. It doesn't matter to me, or change how I feel about the show. But I'm proud of my little show for how well its hanging in there.
                          Last edited by BadToad; 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm glad it was over 4 million again, and I believe it's higher than last week too. I hope it goes up in the finals.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
                            Really, SV is an 8 year old show. Its changed networks. It gets no promotion essentially. Its not supported by the network its on. Its lost major cast members. The storyline has changed a lot. Its had its budget cut.

I don't know who anyone can expect the ratings not to slide to some degree. I'm actually surprised how well its holding up. If you read about some of the other "big" shows out there, they are hemorraging viewers at a much greater rate then SV, and in far less time, i.e. Heroes.

I knew the ratings would be down this year. It doesn't matter to me, or change how I feel about the show. But I'm proud of my little show for how well its hanging in there.
                            I agree. It would be ridiculous to expect any show in its eight season to have the same amount of viewers it had in its first few seasons.

Like you said, SV has had a lot to endure. The less of several major cast members, the loss of the showrunners, several different timeslots, changing networks, etc. Yet it's still the network's most watched program every week. And that's really all that matters.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by tariksam
                            GG was under two million because it was a repeat.
                            Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-10-2008, 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Viewership is down across the board on just about every show. DVR is becoming more the norm. And a lot of the more "popular" shows on much bigger networks have taken a hit in the ratings 10 times as much as Smallville has lost.

So for Smallville to maintain a rating over 4 is testement to their loyal viewers and the show for putting out quality content to keep them hooked.

Smallville is the only show on the CW that has stayed above a 4.0 rating every single week of this season. Every other one has dipped into the 3s. That is a big accomplishment, and anyone that puts that down is just looking for something to complain about.

Smallville is the absolute last show on the CW that should be getting criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad

I don't know who anyone can expect the ratings not to slide to some degree. I'm actually surprised how well its holding up. If you read about some of the other "big" shows out there, they are hemorraging viewers at a much greater rate then SV, and in far less time, i.e. Heroes.

As am I BadToad as am I. I still look at it like this even tho Smallville is down from previous years it still is CW's #1 show. Hell this year its even beating out ANTM And with everything else going against this show (ie the network and 3 major actor/actresses leaving) i'd say these ratings are a major accomplishment

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Fallen One
                                Viewership is down across the board on just about every show. DVR is becoming more the norm. And a lot of the more "popular" shows on much bigger networks have taken a hit in the ratings 10 times as much as Smallville has lost.

So for Smallville to maintain a rating over 4 is testement to their loyal viewers and the show for putting out quality content to keep them hooked.

Smallville is the only show on the CW that has stayed above a 4.0 rating every single week of this season. Every other one has dipped into the 3s. That is a big accomplishment, and anyone that puts that down is just looking for something to complain about.

Smallville is the absolute last show on the CW that should be getting criticised.
                                Amen. brotha
                                Last edited by THE"Lurker"; 10-10-2008, 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎