Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.04 - Metamorphosis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, once again I'm late to the party (even later than usual this week!) but I'm baaaaaaaaaaack even though I am so tired form babysitting and also the kids gave me their cold/virus thingee so I'm kinda sick right now but I'm glad I did because 4.04 was awesome!

First of all let me just preface this by saying EW!!!! There were so many gross moments in this one that I did end up having to watch it half through closed fingers. But I didn't miss the good stuff!

The start with Dean finding out what Sam's been up to (ok, how much did Dean act like a hurt and jealous lover? All "you betrayed me?" and "I find you with her?" and all that? Total "how could you do this to me, Sam?" moment. I also loved that the instant that Ruby made a move against Dean Sam was yelling at her to stop. Sam's trying to explain at the hotel, Dean telling him about what Castiel said, all good stuff. (BTW, Sam looked positively, absolutely YUMMY in those hotel scenes! That shirt he was wearing--sorta pinkish?--looked like it came from Jared's closet and I adored his hair in that scene. Perfect! *takes deep breath and calms hormones down*)

The call, the hunt--I don't remember hearing the name "Travis" before but Sam did say several names back in Season 1 when they were looking for their Dad. I also liked that despite their differences they still pulled together to face an 'outsider'. Nice.

Oh and speaking of the hotel scenes, when Sam was talking about using his powers to hunt alone I flashed back to the post-Tuesday!Sam in Mystery Spot. I mean, he did fine there without his powers. But then maybe he was remembering how he was there and decided this was the better route? I don't know! I can't wait until...oh, wait, that's a spoiler! *naughty smile*

Anyhoo, they weren't kidding about the angsty bromance, were they? The stuff in the car and them pulling over (and did anyone else get a sense of deja vu for the background for that scene? When Sam walked away and we got that background shot it looked familiar to me. Like if they panned over there would be the fence from the scene in Season 2 where Dean finally told Sam what Papa Winchester whispered in his ear. Anyone else think that?) and Sam's "you don't get it", speech (and finally Sam tells Dean about the blood, even though Dean already knew).

Some part of me was cheering Sam for letting Dean have it (Dean should trust Sam more!, you know?) but some part of me was thinking "and you wonder why Dean doesn't trust you right now?" *shrugs* But I loved that seemed to finally get through to Dean--who, it should be noted, never really apologized but did that Dean thing instead. You know, where he grins sheepishly and cracks a joke and smiles that smile at Sam.

I loved and hated the change we saw in Sam this episode. he seems to have finally grown up and become his own man out from under Dean's shadow (the handling of the Travis call, the way he took charge of the stuff when they were going up to that girl's apartment, etc.). He's grown into a hunter in his own right. Which I love but it also makes me sad. And I have to wonder how Dean feels about it all....

Was anyone else waiting for Sam to pull a TK trick like in Nightmare, in order to get out and save Dean? I know I was. I was also wondering why the Ruguru (sic?) didn't try to snack on him? I'm guessing the tainted demon blood wouldn't taste too yummy.

And the pain of Sam having to waste that guy and then Sam's face in the car. It's obvious that he was deciding to give up his powers (and frankly, while I see where they might lead down a dark road, a la Ava, I still think he could have done good with them as Sam himself was thinking!) because he thought that he might someday have to "put down" like that and that it would likely be Dean who would have to do. An interesting change from Sam's "promise me" from Playthings.

All in all a great episode filled with an interesting (if gross) hunt, some great brotherly moments (though it's about time those boys got over their schism and got "back together" if you know what I mean!), and some wonderful psychological moments.

Season 4 is kicking ass!

Comment

• It could be that the Rugaru didn't feast on Sam because Dean started to bleed and that's what gets the beast hungry, smelling blood.

Comment

• I just discovered that Dameon Clarke, the guy who played the Rougarou in this episode is the voice of Cell from Dragonball Z! Crazy . . .

Comment

• This episode was ok.I only liked Sams part.The metamorphosis part was boring and retarted.

Comment

• A very very good episode!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎