No announcement yet.

Birds of Prey Virtual Season

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds of Prey Virtual Season

I'm posting this advertisement, which has also appeared on GCT, with Craig's permission.

Coming this fall to Phoenix Virtual Television, in association with Gotham Clocktower and Southern Oracle, the continuing adventures of the Birds of Prey. The first virtual season of the show will present brand new episodes in script format. The official site has been open at www.birdsofpreyvirtualseason.com since late February, but a major redesign was just completed with new content added, so now is the perfect time to check us out. We premiere in September, but there will be regular updates throughout the summer, including episode teasers and spoilers, and interviews with the crew as we take you behind the scenes. You can also interact with the crew and other fans by joining the forum. The revolution continues on Phoenix Virtual Television.

Our first script will be posted September 24th, with new episodes premiering every Wednesday.

Are these eps with same actors

Comment

it's just words on the screen

Comment

My god! does this mean that it got cancelled?
        I live in Greece so i didn't get to watch it but a friend sent me an eppie and i thought it was good! Snif!

Comment

um... yeah it was cancelled.
          did anyone check out the first script? it wasn't bad. if you haven't, do it NOW!

Comment

i ONLY SAW A COUPLE OF EPISODES OF BoP. I DIDNT LIKE IT THAT MUCH. DEFINITELY DOESNT COMPARE TO SMALLVILLE.

Comment

Yeah the show might have been pretty cool if they didn't butcher the Huntress. I mean come on in the show she's part batman part catwoman and is more like a mutant that belongs with the X-Men. Had they gone with the real Huntress from the comics then the show probably would have lastest at least the first season.

Comment

BoP was doomed because...

It never had the chemistry that Smallville had. It concentrated more on the superheroics, and not the relationships between the characters. That sort of show will never make it long term. Nobody cares that the Huntress has these neat powers. We care about when she's crying and upset, fighting for her life, just lost her best friend, or some other emotional moment.

I watched the first 6 episodes of BoP, which was about half the series, and I learned very little about the characters themselves, who they love, what really troubles them, what they care about. All I saw was a lot of fighting, weak supervillians, and some cutsy flirting between Huntress and the cop.

It wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't that good, either. If Smallville ever gets down to that level, I'd quit watching it as well.

I have the BoP series on DVD, but after watching those first 6, I couldn't get through the rest. I guess I need to sit down some weekend and trudge through them, just for completeness.

-Brian

Comment

How did you get them on DVD???

Comment

on DVD

I authored them--I do a lot of DVD authoring. It's fun, and REALLY great when there's a chance they might never come out on DVD.

A friend of mine who is a graphic artist did the DVD covers and labels. Check out his DVD cover... is he awesome or what? (Sorry pic is so small--they wouldn't let me upload anything bigger than 200x200 pixels.)

-Brian

Comment

That is so awesome! I wish the WB would release a DVD. I missed a few episodes, but I loved the ones I did see. Especially "Three Birds and a Baby."

Comment

I believe that it's very possible for a superhero TV show to succeed even if characterization is the secondary focus and superheroics the primary one. BOP's failure stemmed from the factional conflicts among the BOP crew. These conflicts would have sabotaged any approach they might have tried.

Comment

i saw the pilot, where was batman?

Comment

Originally posted by Teen Chef
                            That is so awesome! I wish the WB would release a DVD. I missed a few episodes, but I loved the ones I did see. Especially "Three Birds and a Baby."
                            That's interesting. What crew conflicts?

Comment

It was a decent show, but I was really watching for Harley. Unfortunately, they took out everything that made her such an adorable little villain. Her voice was so sane. I love the way she pronounces stuff in the cartoons like "Mistah J" and "Baybee." In Birds of Prey, though...it was just normal. I understand that, since they had to make her seem like a believable psychologist, she had to SEEM sane, though. (I never saw the last episode, so if she did do her little voice at that time, then I take it back.)

I also would of liked to see her in pigtails though, even just once. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎