Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The premise and concept of this new Flash show really sucks! It will bomb!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The premise and concept of this new Flash show really sucks! It will bomb!!!

What the hell is up with this concept??? It will completely bomb. I can't believe someone actually came up with this crap! Flash needs an outfit..and they need to stay away from the time travel aspects...or at the very least, keep it at a bare minimum.

I'm a huge Flash fan (Barry Allen) and would love a new Flash TV show...but not this route. Flash will surely be doomed if they continue with this awful concept!!!

TV networks seem to want to have their cake and eat it to.

On the one hand, they love to get something familiar. A product that is like something else. What do you want to bet someone said "It's kind of like BUFFY," when they pitched CHARMED to the WB. And when someone pitches a new sci-fi show set in space, I bet they say, "It's sort of like STAR TREK." It's even better when they can get something people are already familiar with. That's why movies are sometimes made into TV shows. The network figures they have a built-in audience in people who've already seen and liked the movie.

So, by making this a Flash show, they have something that's already familiar to a lot of viewers. The fact that so many people like the original Flash series makes it even better. Those fans will probably watch a new Flash show, right?

At the same time, as much as they want something familiar, they want something new and different at the same time. So the "pitchers" take the old and familiar and give it a twist. Something "new" and "fresh". So, you end up with stuff like this.

"It's a lot like BUFFY...only it's about three sexy sisters."

"It's a lot like STAR TREK...only, it takes place in a universe where the Federation-like planetary alliance has fallen apart."

"It's a Superman series...only, he's a teen-ager and just learning about his powers."

"It's a show about the Flash...only he'll be traveling through time."

Sometimes, the twist is good. But, other times...

Comment

What the hell is up with this concept??? It will completely bomb. I can't believe someone actually came up with this crap! Flash needs an outfit..and they need to stay away from the time travel aspects...or at the very least, keep it at a bare minimum.
      *appluads you* NICELY said and nicely put. Idon't think I could have stated this any better myself.

I ADORE Flash.... but I'd really hate to see this series take the plunge like Birds of Prey did. They need to get the concept and a well written script out-- and actually FOLLOW the comic-- they'd be good.

Flash needs his suit..... or else........ DON'T CALL IT FLASH!!! You know!?

They SO seriously better do this right or else......

Comment

If they want to do a constant time-travel thing and have it involve teens, they should just use impulse instead of wally. plus "impulse" is a catchier name.

Comment

Superman is doable because his powers came before the legion

Batman is doable bacause his pain came before the mask.

There are very few superheroes who's life lead up to the extraordinary person they've become. Not even Spider-man would have been exciting to watch if all it was about was an adolescent nerd in need of a life. The Flash is just a man who came upon such powers so before any such powers he is just a man learning life as we do.

I think the story of Clark Kent and Bruce Wyain would be good but the story of Berry ( or who ever is the Flash) would be boring to say the less.

Comment

Oooh, the idea of calling it "Impulse" would be a GREAT idea. And use Bart instead... I could live with that....

Comment

Yeah, but if they did Use Bart, then they have to at least Use Max Mercury as his Mentor, as well, perhaps even use the good ol' town of Manchester, Alabama! At least I think that's where Max took him, wasn't it?

Comment

*grins* Yeeah, that's where Bart was taken. heh.. *I* would actually love to see them portay Max Murcury..... that is-- they'd have to do him RIGHT of course....

Comment

The concept is tricky. It is something that they really need to stay away from. bringing the Flash back to TV is a good solid Idea. It needs to be the superhero verison. A little over the top could help this type of show. Not the brooding silly stuff that doomed Bird's of Prey.

Comment

*nods* That's so true. I'd hate to see this show meet the same demise. If the show has great writers and... even better small screen actors, we may be in business. BUT... they really need to make sure they get the "uniform" right or else.. well... That's just silly.

I'm sorry.. but a shirt and a pair of jeans just won't cut it...
                    Last edited by Oracle; 11-12-2003, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I agree with all of the above. With the exception that they don't need the costume. Remember Wally was a dreamer in the comics. He used to sketch his costume designs. He could easily just go with the flash shirt and say he designed it himself. They could make it work with just the shirt and jeans. As for the time travel...I'm not even going to touch that with a ten foot pole.
                      I'm a huge fan of the flash, but this concept sucks and needs work. First of all Why Gotham? What the hell is that about. Put the show in Central City where the character belongs. Have Uncle Barry still the police science guy, and then you can stick with the original story of how Wally got his powers. I hoping the pilot doesn't get picked up so someone can slap the writer's in the face and maybe re-design so it's good.

Comment

Why do they feel they have to keep regurgitating the same concepts over and over? Oh but they do get inventive by adding in time Travel, has there ever been a time travel show that succeeded?

And I agree with whoever said the flash before he became the Flash is Dawson's Creek, or another teen angst-ridden drama.

And why are they all so afraid of the costume?

Comment

"has there ever been a time travel show that succeeded?"

Ehem... Quantum Leap.

Comment

True, and I did love Quantum Leap. although it was popular with the fans, it never realy caught on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattman
                              Oh but they do get inventive by adding in time Travel, has there ever been a time travel show that succeeded?

[/B]

Hmmm! Let me see????? "Doctor Who"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎