Now that we have a “Do Not Reveal” list, we know what we are allowed to say about tomorrow night’s episode of The Vampire Diaries, titled “The Killer.” (See some images from the episode here). Here are some teasers of what we can expect on Thursday night, November 8.
- A great scene between Stefan and Damon. Of course we’re not getting into details, but it gets pretty intense between the Salvatore brothers, who have had drama brewing ever since Elena first sprouted fangs. That brotherhood is an important part of the series, and it’s great that that core can be revisited.
- Caroline doesn’t like Hayley at all. Caroline meets Hayley, who is still shacking up in werewolf-hybridville. No matter what the relationship was between Tyler and Hayley in the past, Caroline’s not liking this one bit. Speaking of Hayley, I wish they’d just let Phoebe Tonkin speak in her naturally awesome Australian accent. It might not match with the character, but it would make me buy the character more. I love seeing Phoebe Tonkin, though.
- Bonnie’s off in Dr. Shane-land. I guess we should be thankful Bonnie is in the episode at all… too bad most of her scenes are off with Dr. Shane, who is helping her bring her own magic back.
- One of the big ‘ships gets a kiss. Delena or Stelena? You guess. (This is mean, I know.)
- Matt’s not the only one anymore. Isn’t it great that with April on the show now, Matt’s not the only non-supernatural person in town anymore? Okay, so there are people like Liz Forbes too, but you know what I mean.
- Trapped at the Mystic Grill! Vampire hunter Connor traps a few folks at the Mystic Grill, and not everyone makes it out unscathed.
- Super team up! So many characters work together on a common goal. In a show with changing loyalties like The Vampire Diaries, this is nice to see.
- The diaries are back! The show lives up to its name as Elena finally writes some [vampire] diaries again. Diary Elena, we’ve missed you.
So how is the episode? There are some moments that definitely propel Season 4 along. I’m still not sold on Vampire Elena, but it could be a matter of just not being used to her as of yet. Or maybe I just want her to be decisive for once. Still, most of the cast is around for this one, which is nice, and I have a feeling that what happens next will be even bigger.
Vampire Diaries “The Killer” airs Thursday night, November 8 on The CW!