A new episode of The CW’s The Carrie Diaries airs tonight (March 4) at 8PM, and so much happens in it that it just might be my favorite episode of the series.
It’s directed by Amy Heckerling, herself a veteran of directing teen favorites like Clueless and Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and the story from Marc Halsey has great character moments for just about everyone but Dorrit, who is MIA this time around.
Here are five things to look forward to:
1. Double Life? Double Trouble. Last week, we saw that Carrie is now juggling different internships — the one her father set up for her, and the glamorous one with Larissa and Interview magazine. She thinks she can go between both, but can she? Back in Castlebury, although she has decided that her affair is over, especially after Donna LaDonna caught her cheating, Maggie’s extracurricular activities may catch up with her.
2. Carrie meets some lifelong friends. No, not Samantha, Miranda, or Charlotte… but, I will say that at least two elements of Sex And The City make their first Carrie Diaries appearances this time around.
3. Tom the wingman. Harlan drags Tom out on a double date of sorts, and of course, Tom is better at it than Harlan is. I’m just going to leave that there until you’ve seen it…
4. Sebastian and Mouse! Executive Producer Amy B. Harris has said she loves writing scenes with this pairing, and it’s no surprise, because her awkwardness combined with his cool make for quite a combo. It’s unlikely, but it’s fun to see them around each other.
5. Shocks! There is, of course, a “do not reveal” list for this episode, and at least one moment where my jaw hit the floor because it was something I wasn’t expecting. Good TV gives me stuff that I don’t expect, so I appreciate it. Also: I don’t think I’ve ever been so jealous of [REDACTED] in my life.
As with any Carrie Diaries episode it seems, the title of the episode is heard within, fairly quickly. Check it out — as I keep saying, I want a second season, and the best way to ensure that is if the show gets ratings. So, watch! Here are some images from the show tonight: