0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Needs more training from Wildcat
    0%

I loved it. I liked Thea training and now going back to Starling City.

I liked that it set up the next episode of the Flash with Felicity going to Central City and Nyssa in the Arrowcave asking where is Sara.

Comment

This episode was awesome. Laurel's got a little fight in her....maybe she needs Malcolm Merlin to teach her a few things!

Comment

Both Dinah Laurel and Thea seemed to be heading towards becoming the comic book characters we know. We see Dinah Laurel getting a taste of vigilante crimefighting, which may have been a joke from the producers and writers considering how her character was received.

Loved seeing Oliver, Roy, and Diggle out in the field together and the ending with Nyssa.

Looks like Felicity will not be in the next episode due to the Flash. Ray Palmer needs to be in Flash if he's going to become the Atom and shrink because it would make his appearances in Arrow to be pointless.

Comment

a 7 for me. i like the thea and laurel stuff with them building to being stronger people. but the action in this episode was kind of lazy. the main story also didn't have much going for it this week, but it wasn't too bad. still good. also i love when we focus on diggle more as he is a character that needs more time than we got with him last year.

Comment

Very good episode. I'd say a lot better than the pervious two so far. Oliver and Thea along with Roy those scenes where real good. It's nice to see Thea again which I like this new version. Laurel is like Thea getting some good attention and is being done right. The action scenes along with the story with Mark Shaw was enjoyable. Also did Oliver shooting the gun fire any kill shots tonight? I think he may have. They where right about Thea and Malcolm having a dysfunctional relationships however I want to see more. Kind of miss the Hong Kong flashbacks just to see where that's going which hopefully it will return next week.

My only major gripe was the drama with Laurel not telling Quentin that Sara was killed. Yes I understand their reason of his heart but it's kind seams like creating drama for the sake od drama.
            But other than that I have no real complaints. I'll give this episode a 9/10.

Comment

Some Easter Eggs from this episode: Thea going by Mia, OMAC, Felicity's assistant is named Gerry Conway after the co-creator of Firestorm.

I might be missing some Easter Eggs.

Comment

It was probably one of my favourite episode's so far, not so much in terms of what happened but in how the character and character relationships really developed.

Oliver finally being prepared to come clean with Thea was something I really liked, though I'm curious if he will stay true to that trend now she is coming back to Starling. I think he has to but exactly how truthful he is I'm still unsure on. The fact he also noticed how Thea wasn't phased by the hot coffee being on her impressed me in his awareness, even when he isn't out in the field. I get the feeling that is going to result in Oliver keeping a closer eye on Thea and trying to figure out what has happened to her throughout the past few months. It also screams to me that the mid season reveal could be that Oliver finds out Malcolm is still alive which I would enjoy.

Thea was just great all around. I really like how they have changed her look from the typical "white girl" look to something that is much more mature. It fits in with how Thea is going to be portrayed and I am excited to see how she grows as a character through the rest of the season (particularly which path the writer's choose for her whether it is Speedy, Artemis or a completely fresh one).

The main thing that I'm wondering is if there is something from that QC drive which result's in Palmer's "suit". The music with that scene implied that it was something important and nothing that they showed seemed that major so it's the only possibilty I can think of.

Comment

My review (cross-posted):
                  Greg Berlanti and Co. are IN THE ZONE, producing not one but TWO of the greatest shows on television right now, which is not an easy thing to do.

The last 5 episodes of both Arrow and The Flash have been phenomenally plotted, written, and acted, and "Corto Maltese" makes the streak 6 for 6.

A simple trip to find Thea and convince her to come back home becomes anything but simple when Diggle - accepting an unofficial assignment from Lyla - inadvertently walks himself, Oliver, and Roy into a crisis, which ends up leading to some crazy international Team Arrow action, complete with Oliver improvising to make some pretty sweet homemade archery tools.

We also get some action from both Laurel and Felicity back in Star(ling) City, as Laurel takes the first major step - ill-advised though it may have been - towards realizing her ultimate destiny as the Black Canary, finding some help along the way in the form of one Ted Grant, whose first interaction with her is anything but friendly, and Felicity finds herself being pulled in several different directions all at once by her new boss Roy Palmer, Team Arrow, and Laurel, leading to some hilarious and really well-acted scenes from Emily Bett Rickards and Brandon Routh.

Speaking of Palmer, his mission for Felicity - decrypting and restoring a Queen Consolidated Applied Sciences hard drive - led to an interesting scene as he browsed through the blueprints for a bunch of high-tech weapons. I have no clue where this particular storyline is headed, but I'm really intrigued by it.

I'm still working my way through the first two seasons of the series and consequently didn't quite understand some parts of Thea's storyline in this episode, but I nevertheless found myself really enjoying her interactions with Malcolm, who, despite being all kinds of bad, comes across as incredibly likeable and always has.

Getting back to Felicity, it hasn't been a secret that she'll be headed to Central City in this coming Tuesday's episode of The Flash, but I was expecting the setup for that trip to be a bit more flashy (no pun intended), and am kind of disappointed that it was handled so low-key.... although it was neat to see her browsing the same "The Streak Lives" blog we saw Iris tracking at the end of last night's Flash episode.

Arrow has gotten really good at episode-ending cliffhangers, but I think tonight's is my favorite. Having Nyssa so Ghul walk into the Arrow-Cave with bow drawn and demand to know where Sara is gave me the same kind of feeling I got when a bad-****-looking Rupert Giles returned to confront an ultra-powered Willow Rosenberg at the end of the Buffy Season 6 episode "Two to Go", and I cannot wait for next week to see exactly what happens when she finds out about Sara's death. I also can't wait to see how Oliver reacts when she tells him about Malcolm being alive.

Like I said at the top of this review, Berlanti and Co. are on a serious roll right now creatively, and if the previews for both this Tuesday's Flash episode and next week's Arrow episode are any indication, things do not appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

Comment

A bit improved compared to the first 2 episodes. The Corto Maltese stuff was all pretty good: The actions scenes, Oliver and Diggle working together again, the scenes between Thea and Oliver and of course, the extra focus Diggle got in this episode. Long overdue. And of course, we got the added bonus of Audrey Marie Anderson in this episode. She's always a treat to have on the show.

In regards to the Starling City developments, they were hit and miss I felt. The start of Laurel's journey was well done. They created a believable environment as to why she tried to follow Sara's footsteps. My only nitpick is her secrecy towards Quentin. I hope it doesn't get dragged out for too long. As for Felicity, her scenes with Palmer were meh. The one where she was multi tasking was supposed to come off as funny, but it didn't connect imo. At least it will be interesting to see what Palmer's agenda is.

7/10. With Nyssa back, next week should be even better.
                    Last edited by costas22; 10-23-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I don't think he has an "evil" agenda and is actually trying to do good. Palmer didn't look happy. I actually enjoyed the scenes with Felicity and Ray. Like Thea in this EP too. Laurel is gonna have to come clean with Quentin...probably next week.

Comment

I gave it an 8.

Thea's scenes with Oliver and Malcolm were well done. Diggle's subplot was interesting and I get the feeling it will tie into something bigger later on (H.I.V.E. maybe?).

Laurel's journey is going a bit too fast. She tries to be a vigilante and gets her ass kicked (ok) but then conveniently runs into this martial arts trainer (could have waited a bit with that) and starts her training on the very next day (too fast). This should have been spread out over a couple of episodes. At this rate, I fully expect her to start jumping from rooftops by the end of next episode.

Ray Palmer still comes of as creepy instead of endearing. "I'm using my wealth and influence to set up this wonderful life for you Felicity! Fall for me now please!" Yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                          Some Easter Eggs from this episode: Thea going by Mia, OMAC, Felicity's assistant is named Gerry Conway after the co-creator of Firestorm.

I might be missing some Easter Eggs.
                          Tom Bronson, who is the name of Ted Grant's son in the comics.

Comment

Couple of short notes: I thought Laurel should have done a little better in the fight with the Bad Boyfriend, or at least taken longer to get beat up. Her moves in Season 1, in the two or three fights she had there, showed she could hold her own against criminals. For instance, when Count Vertigo kidnapped her, she beat up all his thugs and was only taken because Vertigo used a taser...

Also, she was a little too banged up afterwards for two punches and a kick. So, either they cut some of her fight or they were playing fast and easy with her fighting (in)ability. Either way, I thought it was too drastic of a changing in her abilities from where they showed them before.

I understand the need for explaining her need for training, but I thought it was over-done based on past fight scenes in the last two seasons, or at least in season one.

Well, that rambled...

Comment

I don't think they went "too far" in toning down Laurel's ability to fight. Even if you've got rigorous self-defense training and have shown you can take out people in the past, not every opponent you face is going to go down easily, and you're going to encounter situations where you come out on the losing end. The guy took Laurel's weapon away from her, and she couldn't get it back or get the leverage she needed to overpower him.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎