12.08 Lotus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12.08 Lotus

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/...iption/130983/

This will be the last new SPN of 2016--then the show does not return until Jan. 26th, in it's new timeslot of an hour earlier.

Hmmm, so this is how we're going to end this half of the season? With Lucifer? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty

Hmmm, so this is how we're going to end this half of the season? With Lucifer? Interesting.
      Yeah haven't you noticed that this season the big bad was reverted back to Lucifer? I have a feeling they'll keep the evil men of letters on the back burners until The Winchesters re-seal Lucifer back into his cage at the end of the season then it'll be gloves off for the brits and they'll be the big bads as a group for season 13, with random appearances from them during the current season to remind us they are working their own schemes in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
        Yeah haven't you noticed that this season the big bad was reverted back to Lucifer?
        I thought Lucifer was a red herring and that the Big Bad of this year was going to be the British Men of Letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          I thought Lucifer was a red herring and that the Big Bad of this year was going to be the British Men of Letters.
          Doesn't look like it. Dunno if the writers changed their minds or not but unless they make a few quick surprise appearances I think they've been left on the backburner already. With the midseason already upon us unless the evil men of letters gets pushed VERY hard this back half of the season or suddenly its THEM that locks Lucifer back up they are already running out of time this season to start pushing them. As it is most of this seasons "non-filler" story line has been focused on Mary's rebirth and Lucifer still feeling his daddy issues and now just blindly lashing out with out cause. We had what, two or three episodes tops with Evil Men of Letters content?

Comment

I think it will be the evil men of letters who will put Lucifer back in his cage and as a result, Dean and Sam will owe them a favor that will have to be paid in full, later on in the season.

Comment

In the words of Dr. Sam Beckett, oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                I think it will be the evil men of letters who will put Lucifer back in his cage and as a result, Dean and Sam will owe them a favor that will have to be paid in full, later on in the season.
                Well having watched the episode, you're not far off. Sam and Dean did have their help after all in order to re-cage the big L, so now they owe them. Looks like Cass will have some mind wipes to do once he busts the boys out of jail though (NOT the best of cliff hangers when it's sooo easy to get them out now-a-days, c'mon writers this isn't the first three seasons of Supernatural were Angels don't exist yet.).

I just wonder if Crowly will immediately get back to reclaiming his thrown in hell with mommy dearest demanding to be his queen in return for her services or if they'll try other story lines with him first like a mini civil war for control of hell with different demon factions in the midst.

Comment

Anybody else think that Lucifer might still not be in his cage? Even though it "looked" like it worked, I would want to SEE Lucifer in his cage all pissed off. They can even use a stock shot of Mark P. glaring in the cage to reinforce it. Rowena is still not to be trusted, although she's one of my favorites.

NOT liking the demon spawn angle....although it was kind of heart-tugging to hear that Lucifer was amazed he had "created something of his own"....we've done this before with Jessie and I still have Smallville's "exploding baby" flashbacks. Eeeewwww.

Of course the British MoL will bust out the boys. No-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                    Anybody else think that Lucifer might still not be in his cage? Even though it "looked" like it worked, I would want to SEE Lucifer in his cage all pissed off. They can even use a stock shot of Mark P. glaring in the cage to reinforce it. Rowena is still not to be trusted, although she's one of my favorites.

NOT liking the demon spawn angle....although it was kind of heart-tugging to hear that Lucifer was amazed he had "created something of his own"....we've done this before with Jessie and I still have Smallville's "exploding baby" flashbacks. Eeeewwww.

Of course the British MoL will bust out the boys. No-brainer.
                    Also don't forget there's the already existing half demon/human hybrid kid the Winchesters spared a few seasons back. They even called it an Anti Christ type of monster. I'm sure by now he's old enough as a character to become a threat if the writers want to do something creative as far as villains go. If they don't end up using him soon-ish they could wait until season 25 when he's full grown. Then the Lucifer child can team up with him as a sort of protégé/student, lol.

At this rate they just may try milking this show that long as even the writers keep saying they have no end game plan in sight, sigh.

Comment

Haven't posted in a while, but I thought this episode warranted something to be written. Firstly, as a mid season finale, this wasn't awful, but it wasn't that far off. The stakes in the show just don't feel very real anymore. I'm jumping ahead of myself though, let me start from the beginning. Lucifer possessing the president made sense given how he seems to just want to create chaos now. One thing I was wondering about is why the vessel didn't start to breakdown very quickly. When Lucifer possessed Nick, his vessel started failing pretty quickly and he was a supposed back-up for Sam. They didn't mention anything about the president being one of those "special bloodlines" that could be used more long-term as a vessel. At this point though, TPTB seem to not give a crap about the mythology they have created. Continuing on, why was Lucifer acting as if he's never created anything in the past? He created an entire race of beings; demons. I get that he created them more as an F U to God, but they are still his creations. Again, inconsistency with mythos. I thought it was interesting that they went the route of the Nephilim. Back in season 9 when the angels fell, I thought there would be a lot more of them being conceived, but the writers didn't address that at all. Having the British MoL working with the Winchesters was interesting, but some of their tech seemed too easy. I find it really hard to believe that no hunter from North America ever came across them. You have some hunters like Bobby who have been all around the world and I would doubt if he was the only one, but having a gun that can basically turn a vampire's own blood against themselves seems far fetched to me. What's even more ridiculous is a device that will auto exorcise a demon, and apparently an Archangel? How would they have even built such a device? It means they would have had a lot of experience with Archangels or angels in general in the past, but when Dean first met Cas, he said that angels are walking among humans for the first time in nearly 2000 years. It seems highly unlikely that the MoL existed 2000 years ago. Continuing on, I wasn't that clear on exactly what the device did. Was Lucifer sent back to the cage or just ejected from his vessel? I believe it was the latter, but reading what some of you have posted above it seems like the former. Next, there was no reason for the Winchesters to stay in the house with the president. He was knocked out, they could have easily left with Cas and Kelly, but they stupidly decided to stay, despite knowing that he's alive. Then of course they get captured. Lastly, the revelation about Kelly keeping the child was so obvious. I'm really getting annoyed with the inconsistency of Cas's powers as well. The whole episode they show him being a badass, but he can't sense that Kelly is leaving the restaurant? He's a celestial being who I'm pretty sure can see through walls, but he got duped by a human. I mean they have shown him being a dumbass before, but he's smarter than this. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Thanks for letting me rant guys. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                      Also don't forget there's the already existing half demon/human hybrid kid the Winchesters spared a few seasons back. They even called it an Anti Christ type of monster. I'm sure by now he's old enough as a character to become a threat if the writers want to do something creative as far as villains go. If they don't end up using him soon-ish they could wait until season 25 when he's full grown. Then the Lucifer child can team up with him as a sort of protégé/student, lol.

At this rate they just may try milking this show that long as even the writers keep saying they have no end game plan in sight, sigh.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎