No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Sark Waters?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelyGal
    Her ability to hack into anything within seconds using a tablet is quite amazing. But I agree, she has a lots of off the chart capabilities and there is no need to add new ones but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
    She is a metahuman. "Felicity Smoak" is her disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
      OK... So Sark Waters isn't a typo, it's Felicity's meta-human alter ego name. Dark, Shark Waters running deep with LOTS of uncharted power.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
        Couples who are so public like that tend to either be in the honeymoon stage of their relationship, or tend to be insecure about their relationship so feel the need to prove to others that their relationship is strong. Basically, it comes off as overcompensating.
        So, I guess the question is, which one of those their relationship is in the minds of the writers? Because the whole confrontation between Oliver and Felicity in the crossover would hint at the latter, but their tendency towards keeping the Olicity fans happy would lean more towards the former....

Comment

So you are saying Felicity Smoak is her actual code name? Are you suggesting she is actually a spy, planted on Oliver by his greatest enemy? Are you implying that the whole living in the suburbs, making him cook and clean house was just a ploy to soften him up like a Christmas goose??? Shelby Kent, surely you are not that cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
            OK... So Sark Waters isn't a typo,
            Correct. As Sigmund Freud said in his famous 1910 work, Random Musings on Social Media, "There are no accidents and no coincidences. Nor are there any typos in social media-associated communications."

it's Felicity's meta-human alter ego name. Dark, Shark Waters running deep with LOTS of uncharted power.
            Correct again. The real Felicity Smoak died sometime at the end of S1 -- middle of S2. This metahuman appropriated her form and identity. However, this is a closely guarded secret, known only to a select few members of the ultra-ultra-ultra top secret organization to which she belongs. So now you must expire.**

** "to expire" being a kinder, gentler and more PC version of the verb "to die," I believe, and thus a more acceptable way to issue dire warnings and threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
              So you are saying Felicity Smoak is her actual code name? Are you suggesting she is actually a spy, planted on Oliver by his greatest enemy? Are you implying that the whole living in the suburbs, making him cook and clean house was just a ploy to soften him up like a Christmas goose??? Shelby Kent, surely you are not that cynical.
              Carmine-Infantino, please see same reply issued to DD. In fact, it saddens me greatly to see that you too have become aware of who Felicity really is. Now you too must expire.

Oh, and I am not at all cynical. I prefer to think of it as more akin to a Buddhist-like acceptance of reality; whether one likes it or not, one must still acknowledge the reality that exists....

(But yes, you are correct: taking Oliver to the suburbs to soften him up has all been part of an evil, nefarious plot...)
              Last edited by Shelby Kent; 12-12-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Correct. As Sigmund Freud said in his famous 1910 work, Random Musings on Social Media, "There are no accidents and no coincidences. Nor are there any typos in social media-associated communications."

Correct again. The real Felicity Smoak died sometime at the end of S1 -- middle of S2. This metahuman appropriated her form and identity. However, this is a closely guarded secret, known only to a select few members of the ultra-ultra-ultra top secret organization to which she belongs. So now you must expire.**

** "to expire" being a kinder, gentler and more PC version of the verb "to die," I believe, and thus a more acceptable way to issue dire warnings and threats.
                ACK! (expires with his last breath, thankfully never having to see Felicity again. )

Comment

ACK! (expires with his last breath, thankfully never having to see Felicity again. )

But at least you expired knowing the truth. There is always that.

Comment

Carmine-Infantino, please see same reply issued to DD. In fact, it saddens me greatly to see that you too have become aware of who Felicity really is. Now you too must expire.

Oh, and I am not at all cynical. I prefer to think of it as more akin to a Buddhist-like acceptance of reality; whether one likes it or not, one must still acknowledge the reality that exists....

(But yes, you are correct: taking Oliver to the suburbs to soften him up has all been part of an evil, nefarious plot...)
                    Thank you for your concern for my safety, but I will be fine. During the summer break I was able to purchase enough Lazarus Pit water off eBay to fill my swimming pool, I take a dip every day. This might explain why JDB thinks I've turned into an evil mastermind. Glad to see we're sympatico on the whole suburbs fiasco.

Comment

During the summer break I was able to purchase enough Lazarus Pit water off eBay to fill my swimming pool, I take a dip every day.
                      Well that is potentially reassuring. (I assume there is no need to be concerned about kids peeing in the pool?)

This might explain why JDB thinks I've turned into an evil mastermind.
                      In fact that might explain rather a lot of things ... hmmm.....

Thank you for your concern for my safety,
                      But of course!

but I will be fine.
                      Perhaps

Glad to see we're sympatico on the whole suburbs fiasco.
                      Yes, as are we, I believe, on quite a few Olicity-related matters ... all the more reason I'd miss you should "Felicity Smoak's" ultra-ultra-ultra top secret organization succeed in expiring you

Comment

Well that is potentially reassuring. (I assume there is no need to be concerned about kids peeing in the pool?)

In fact that might explain rather a lot of things ... hmmm.....

But of course!

Perhaps

Yes, as are we, I believe, on quite a few Olicity-related matters ... all the more reason I'd miss you should "Felicity Smoak's" ultra-ultra-ultra top secret organization succeed in expiring you
                        No need to worry about kids in the pool related issues, the grandchildren aren't allowed in the pool. Anyway the Lazarus Pit water came with it's own security team and a fellow who says he's a pool boy. The pool boy guy seems a bit old for the job, but what the heck it's a tough economy and he says he needs the job. My wife is a bit upset by all the minions tracking mud into the house, and the new maid, a young woman named nyssa, refuses to wear her French maid uniform. Nyssa says it's her husband's, and wearing it makes her sad.

Comment

No need to worry about kids in the pool related issues, the grandchildren aren't allowed in the pool. Anyway the Lazarus Pit water came with it's own security team and a fellow who says he's a pool boy. The pool boy guy seems a bit old for the job, but what the heck it's a tough economy and he says he needs the job. My wife is a bit upset by all the minions tracking mud into the house, and the new maid, a young woman named nyssa, refuses to wear her French maid uniform. Nyssa says it's her husband's, and wearing it makes her sad.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                            So, I guess the question is, which one of those their relationship is in the minds of the writers? Because the whole confrontation between Oliver and Felicity in the crossover would hint at the latter, but their tendency towards keeping the Olicity fans happy would lean more towards the former....
                            That is the question, isn't it? Either they really don't know how to write romance (and really, public declarations of love and the kind of insecurities that we see with the Olicity ship are a staple of rom-com type love anyways) or they are actually trying to show us that the relationship will fall apart eventually. I'm guessing it's the first option, because I'm making my peace with the fact that this will continue to be an Olicity sitcom with a superhero/action theme. I fully expect the back half of the season to be all romantic melodrama (will they or won't they make it to the altar?? which dress will she choose?) leading up to a season finale wedding. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
                              That is the question, isn't it? Either they really don't know how to write romance (and really, public declarations of love and the kind of insecurities that we see with the Olicity ship are a staple of rom-com type love anyways) or they are actually trying to show us that the relationship will fall apart eventually. I'm guessing it's the first option, because I'm making my peace with the fact that this will continue to be an Olicity sitcom with a superhero/action theme. I fully expect the back half of the season to be all romantic melodrama (will they or won't they make it to the altar?? which dress will she choose?) leading up to a season finale wedding. Awesome.
                              I personally don't think Oliver should be tied to anyone. The whole building a team, relying on friends and a fiance is what led to the drop in quality on Arrow. Those things work on The Flash, but Green Arrow works better as a lone vigilante operating from the shadows, not as Flash light (pun intended).

Having said all that, I do think a wedding, followed by an eventual divorce is in Oliver's future, that is what happened in the comics after all.

Comment

I personally don't think Oliver should be tied to anyone. The whole building a team, relying on friends and a fiance is what led to the drop in quality on Arrow. Those things work on The Flash, but Green Arrow works better as a lone vigilante operating from the shadows, not as Flash light (pun intended).

Having said all that, I do think a wedding, followed by an eventual divorce is in Oliver's future, that is what happened in the comics after all.
                                Personally, what I found most interesting about season one was Oliver's friendship with Diggle and his attempts to reconnect with his family. And what I love about comics Oliver is that his team in the comics is a FAMILY. A very fractured, sometimes dysfunctional family. But I find those found family connections interesting and important to the comics version of the character (unfortunately, the TV version shares little more than a name and archery skills with the much more interesting comics counterpart, but that's another rant) so I'd like to see less focus on Oliver's love life and more focus on his other types of relationships. But then, I'm not typically interested in lone wolf hero types, so I Might be in the minority here.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎