Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Unthinkable?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another little glitch i would like to point out, in the pilot episode olivers hair is extremely long, beard and head hair. if he was brought to hong kong you think he might have shaved? unless he kept it that way but why the hell would he let his hair get that long? i dont think the writers, producers or whatever thought this one out before deciding oliver didnt spend all his time on the island. for his hair to get that long he would have not shaved AT ALL even in hong kong

Comment

His beard still has enough time to grow even if he does shave in Hong Kong... 2-3 years is plenty of time to get to that length.

Comment

Season two goes out on a very good note.

Loved the final episodes.

There were a couple things that bug me.

Quentin - It seem Laurel called an ambulance, but not sure if one was shown on tv getting him. I really hope this isn't the end, he is one of my favorites on the show.

Thea - she is very illogical. I was sure she shot Malcolm last week, and at least that was true. I was also sure he had on bulletproof. But she doesn't know what she is doing. She complains about how she can't trust anyone, and then wanders off with someone she supposedly despises. does not compute.

Amanda Waller - Ok, this one is a biggy. I don't mean modern day, but the island, and having Ollie in Hong Kong. I should probably put this in the speculation thread, but it bugs me that she got involved in the island.

Sara - so glad that all these predictions that she would die weren't true. It was good that she will still be able to appear in the future.

Ollie/Slade - Very glad Ollie didn't kill Slade.

It will be a long long wait for the next season.

Comment

Fantastic end to a fantastic season.

I feel I have to point out that it is not a plot hole that Oliver is "suddenly" not on the island. It was either in this season or the last that Oliver mentioned that he did not spend all 5 years on the island. I believe it was in a conversation with Diggle.

In regards to the voice over by Oliver outlining his time on the island, he already "lied" about that because he was on the Amazo for a bit. More than that, lets say for arguments sake that he spends 6 months (all together or spread out) off the island over a 5 year period, it is then natural to tell people that he spent 5 years on the island, because in the grand scheme of things 6 months in 5 years is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 134sc
            Fantastic end to a fantastic season.

I feel I have to point out that it is not a plot hole that Oliver is "suddenly" not on the island. It was either in this season or the last that Oliver mentioned that he did not spend all 5 years on the island. I believe it was in a conversation with Diggle.

In regards to the voice over by Oliver outlining his time on the island, he already "lied" about that because he was on the Amazo for a bit. More than that, lets say for arguments sake that he spends 6 months (all together or spread out) off the island over a 5 year period, it is then natural to tell people that he spent 5 years on the island, because in the grand scheme of things 6 months in 5 years is nothing.
            It was last season he mentioned it if I remember correctly as he said it directly to Diggle and I can't recall Felicity even being around.
            As for your point about not being on the island for 6 months not being much in the grand scheme of things, that I disagree with as 6 month's is 20% of the time from the moment he was stranded.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
              I disagree with as 6 month's is 20% of the time from the moment he was stranded.
              One year is 20% (1/5). 6 months is only 10%.

Whatever the amount of time is that Oliver spends in Hong Kong/off the island, I don't think it'll end up being too long & it isn't that significant in the grand scheme. The fact remains that he spent a long time there honing his survival skills.

Now what I want to know is who has been exiled to the island with Slade to feed him? He can't exactly go hunting locked in an underground cell with a cage and a heavy steel door between him and the great outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinuviel
                One year is 20% (1/5). 6 months is only 10%.

Whatever the amount of time is that Oliver spends in Hong Kong/off the island, I don't think it'll end up being too long & it isn't that significant in the grand scheme. The fact remains that he spent a long time there honing his survival skills.

Now what I want to know is who has been exiled to the island with Slade to feed him? He can't exactly go hunting locked in an underground cell with a cage and a heavy steel door between him and the great outdoors.
                My mistake, I'm rather tired so my math was off.
                As for his time off the island, I think it will be all of next season's flashbacks and the season after. I say the season after as Anatoli still has to teach him Russian at some stage so he's presumably going to spend a large chunk of time around there which will probably be an entire season. I'd say that this next season is where he will get the chinese symbols on his hip tattoo'd and then after that's it's only the Bratca part we need background on for sure.

That will probably be something that we don't see at all as it would add nothing to the story line unless they decided to go with HIVE as the big bad and having a member of theirs breaking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777

Thea - she is very illogical. I was sure she shot Malcolm last week, and at least that was true. I was also sure he had on bulletproof. But she doesn't know what she is doing. She complains about how she can't trust anyone, and then wanders off with someone she supposedly despises. does not compute.
                  Maybe we should remember that Thea is completly in the dark. She's the only major character not knowing who the Arrow is (guessing Quentin knows).

She has nothing anymore and her old brother, who is her only family now, didn't even show up at the funeral. She doesn't have a team arrow to cheer up up every five scenes. She doesn't trust anyone anymore, so she's unable to trust Roy when she should have (for the record, he tried to strangled her a few episodes ago).

That's not very logic of course, but that's not completly ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                    My mistake, I'm rather tired so my math was off.
                    No worries!

As for his time off the island, I think it will be all of next season's flashbacks and the season after. I say the season after as Anatoli still has to teach him Russian at some stage so he's presumably going to spend a large chunk of time around there which will probably be an entire season. I'd say that this next season is where he will get the chinese symbols on his hip tattoo'd and then after that's it's only the Bratca part we need background on
                    Well, I hope the writers/producers aren't that disingenuous to the viewers regarding Oliver's time on the island as it has been established. I interpreted the show's ending as giving us a little insight as to why Amanda believes she is at the top of Oliver's "people I really hate" list. We'll find out next season, but it appears that she 1) rescues Oliver 2) doesn't let him contact his family to let them know he's alive, nor does she do it independently 3) uses him for something 4) dumps him back on the island

Of course the big question with Anatoli is was he able to get away from the island in the sub? Or does Waller have him too?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777

Quentin - It seem Laurel called an ambulance, but not sure if one was shown on tv getting him. I really hope this isn't the end, he is one of my favorites on the show.
                      It wasn't shown getting to him but [SPOILER]based on the fact that he was at the CW up fronts for Season 3 it seems he isn't going to die.[/SPOILER]

I didn't know if it was a spoiler or not just because it is something that was easily found but it wasn't shown on TV so I put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Comment

well since thea took off with malcolm i'm guessing the character not returning in season 3 is going to be her and honestly, im glad. her character has been so whiny lately shes almost like a little laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Strong
                          well since thea took off with malcolm i'm guessing the character not returning in season 3 is going to be her and honestly, im glad. her character has been so whiny lately shes almost like a little laurel
                          Malcolm is now a series regular so Thea is still a series regular.

Comment

I loved it great finale it sets up season 3 well and malcolm will be back only thing that scared me was i thought they caved into the shippers with the whole olicity thing (thanks for the fake out )lol

Comment

It was a satisfying final with a few issues not withstanding.

Not a fan of leaving Quentin's life in question. Really don't want to lose the best remaining actor on the show so soon after Moira was sacrificed for Oliver's man pain.

Also, while I understand why Sara would have traded returning to the LoA for their help in taking back the city, I don't think the show should have shown her skipping merrily aboard the Nordic Pearl. Quentin at least made a few noises about her leaving but good lord, Laurel acted like Sara had won a trip to Paris. This is the Sara that when faced with going back to the LoA a few months earlier was ready to die rather than return to the killing. Just last episode Sara is miserable because of her past and we once again see her heroic instincts and she earns her hero name officially...and then she hands off her mantle to the lawyer in the family and happily gets on another boat. Terrible way to treat Sara and her journey. The absurdity of it all totally took me out of the show.

Another absurdity although on a much smaller came early in the episode. A posse of wannabe deathstrokes break into the clock tower and Oliver launches a zip line to safety. Sure, fine, good. Note though that apparently both Roy and Diggle had to slide down it using their bare hands. Ouch!

I didn't have a problem with Quentin (and Nyssa and kinda Sara) telling Oliver to go back to killing for the night. They're fighting a seemingly unstoppable force and pulling out all the stops makes sense. I'm actually a little more confused what prompted Oliver to change his mind since he was the one planning to drop a tunnel on these guys just a few hours ago (two episodes - a hell of a day all of them are having). I suppose it's having another option.

I read a page back I think that questioned Felicity's consistency. Now urging Oliver not to kill when back when Thea was taken, telling Oliver to do whatever it takes. I guess I don't see any inconsistency since Felicity has always had problems with Oliver's killing and even when it was her life at risk with the Count, told him not to break his vow on her behalf.

Now when she told Oliver to go and finish it with Slade, well, it was for his sister so yeah, that breaks some rules and yeah, that's where I think the "do whatever it takes" came into play, but her telling him to go had more to do with cutting through the dithering about something that Oliver was going to do whether it was safe or not. So it's the exception that proved the rule IMO.

I really liked pretty much everything else about the episode. Nyssa was awesome. Thea shooting Malcolm making him sooo proud was hilarious. That relationship is so messed up it is going to be terrifically fun to watch next season. Diggle is going to be a dad, awww! It's great but it's of course setting up conflict for next season. Will he stay on the team? Retire? Leave town? It will probably be a parallel eventually to Oliver coping with his yet to be discovered daddy status.

Waller's plan made no sense. Bomb 600,000 people to stop 50? Oh and Lyla managed to stop about half of that with a well placed rocket launch. And yet, I believe she's just crazy enough to think she makes sense so I just shrugged it off.

Poor Roy. A mask just isn't enough to keep you warm at night. Thea Queen will never return, but how about Thea Queen returning as Mia Drearden? She's never going to take on the name Merlyn, but she might take her mother's maiden name.

The big moment of the night IMO was the rash plan to get Felicity in position to take out Slade. I don't think she was aware of Oliver's plan until he pressed the cure into her hand and while I pretty much figured out that the I Love You was not to be taken completely at face value (cause it's way too soon to go there yet for Olicity) I wasn't very happy with Oliver not mentioning his plan on the way over to the mansion. Him not doing so is one of those plot holes I'm supposed to just ignore. Luckily I liked the twist enough so I'm willing.

The end scene of Oliver and Felicity on the beach was incredibly shippy- way more so than the awkward I Love You. On any other show I would be 100% positive that they were the official end game couple of the show. I mean, the lighting , the classic denial, the lingering looks and smiles, a friend suggesting they needed a moment alone to talk, the way Oliver implied they both were very convincing in selling their love for one another when its clear she wasn't in it, him never denying anything, ...like I said, I found it incredibly shippy and not in the fan pandering way that 's never going to go anywhere, but in the clear indication of what is planned. It was on par with Laurel finding out Sara's jacket was a perfect fit. The foreshadowing seemed overwhelming.

I'm eager to see where they go next. Slowly of course, both characters need to grow more and Oliver a LOT more. In the meantime, really looking forward to watching the core team cope with the new realities of Oliver's (stupid plot induced) penury. I'm hoping the Green Arrow will take up playing Robin Hood next season. Just a little here and there from deserving targets of course.

Comment

Amazing aftermath. This is one of those episodes that didn't feel too short; there was not one single second wasted, still the intensity was well balanced and distributed. Great work, "devs"!

I loved the fact that this episode was almost 100% covered by a soundtrack, and that the mix engineer gave the music a significant boost in front of SFX and voices in the most important moments. Blake wrote a score as good as the film; I just can't wait for the album to get released. And the few moments without music were also perfectly chosen. Aurally, there's nothing more appropriate for a fallen evil finding himself in a dungeon at the end of the world, than silence. And then, Oliver defeats his past, becomes a hero, and Slade's powerless threats fade away in front of those strings exuding g minor while the hero returns from the purgatory into the world where his friends await him. That was definitely my favorite moment of the episode.

Other stuff about the episode:

It started with Slade Wilson's path from the beginning to the end. This made the introductory part more than just a "Previously on Arrow"; it was actually something that fits into the story - a global glimpse of Slade's descent.

Thea. I'm not sure whether she really stepped on a dark path as the popular opinion says, or just drifted away into the unknown. She is fundamentally a good person, and she just wanted to find a beginning. Even though her choice might sound irrational, I think she understood that Roy's place was besides the Arrow, between the darkness and Starling City. And in her eyes, Malcolm appeared to transcend one life; the old Malcolm had died in the night of the Undertaking, and now she has found the ghost behind him; the idea of her father.

Sara. She agreed paid the price for saving the city and by that sacrifice, she found out that she could be more than just an assassin. Why happily go back to the LoA life? My guess is that she wanted to make Nyssa follow the same path.

It was nice to see detective Lance take decisions again, but the final moment was just weird. His demise would be completely unnecessary, especially now that he became an authority again. And he's one of those rare persons who don't know the Arrow's identity.

Great fast paced fight scenes. Switching back and forth five years has never been more thrilling.

As for the Olicity scheme, although at first I was like "Scumbag Oliver, playing with Felicity's feelings...", I think it's great that the writers twisted it like this. Makes Felicity a lot more than the Arrow's electronic mastermind.
                                Felicity, you might want to add "neutralized a psychopathic terrorist" in your CV, besides "hacked the FBI" and "played doctor with the Starling City vigilante"

I wasn't very happy with Oliver not mentioning his plan on the way over to the mansion. Him not doing so is one of those plot holes I'm supposed to just ignore. Luckily I liked the twist enough so I'm willing.
                                Well, Oliver not preparing her for the act beforehand simply means that he actually wanted her to believe he meant it. He might have fooled me or Slade, but magic tricks are not supposed to fool the magicians. My point is: there's only one logical explanation for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎