Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOD ETCHES "I AM COMING" on CAS'S CHEST IN 11x10.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOD ETCHES "I AM COMING" on CAS'S CHEST IN 11x10.

Amara (Emily Swallow) will be getting her wish to meet her dear brother when the hit The CW series "Supernatural" returns with all-new episodes in January.

Felt this deserved it's own thread. HUGE NEWS.

I don't think the person who wrote this article has any idea what they are talking about. It is full of assumptions that have no base or evidence. For one Amara didn't get swept up by some big dark clouds. It was established earlier in the episode that the angles left in heaven would try to use their combined smiting power to get rid of her. Thats what that was, not God just his angles. Moreover, how does the writer know that 'I am coming' is carved into Cas's chest, because so far I haven't been about to find a clear screenshot of it. Plus it is pretty illegible. I'll admit we word 'I am..' are there but I can't make out the last word. When I first saw it I personally thought it said 'I am Satan' and as a side note Misha posted on twitter that Satan and Santa are anagrams of each other along with a pic of him and Mark Pellegrino so maybe there is some connection there idk. Because why on Gods green Earth would God etch something into Cas's chest to announce his coming? That is something more characteristic of Lucifer to be honest. Also no one related to the production has given any indication that we should be expecting to see God anytime soon. In fact the whole story arch in pointing in the other direction.

Comment

I see your points. Satan and Santa being anagrams literally translates to the trailer for the next episode. I dont see how you can say that A. Production hasn't alluded to God returning means it's not happening. They didn't tell us Chuck or Mark Pelligrino were returning until it happened. And the story clearly calls for Gods return. Jared has alluded to it so much as he has literally prayed to God. And we also still don't know if Lucifer was actually telling the truth behind sending the messages. So that's moot. And B. Why the hell does anything specifically happen in this show? Let me know if you find the reason and I will try to supply the rhyme. I think you're being kind of contradictory just because you can. And that's your right but we will have to agree to disagree.

Comment

No you're right. I read that article earlier in the day and the title got me excited and then it was a huge let down in its content. So I was being a little hot headed in regards to it. Not your fault. You didn't write it. Still I stand by my 'God not being in the next episode' comment. But I should be a little more clear as to why. I absolutely believe that the show is working up to bring God/Chuck in this season but just not this next episode. It hasn't been set up for it to happen. Yeah Mark being in the Mid-season finale was a surprise but they did set it up over the last few episodes by slowly and increasingly building up and referencing the cage in Sam's visions. So it wasn't a total surprise that the boys eventually made the decision to make a trip down there to ask the only archangels left around how to defeat the darkness/ find God. Not to mention all the interview comments made about how the archangels were the only beings that have fought the darkness before and Mark's Twitter posts all hinting that archangels could/would be players this season.
        But they haven't done that for God himself. There have been no signs that he has even been paying attention at all to whats going on. Hell we got more interaction with God in season 5 then now and he didn't show up then (officially that is regardless if chuck is god or not). It would just feel a little cheep if he showed up next episode after all that he has ignore thus far. As for the visions still possibly being from God and Lucifer lying, if God showed up next episode and said the visions were his that would instantly pop the bubble of tension they set up this last episode and it would all be for nothing. Overall, my reason for saying that God won't show up next episode would be that it would just be really bad storytelling. Though, I'm not counting out that they may begin the build up to his arrival this next episode. It would be the perfect point to start that climb.
        As for things specifically happening in the show, I'm not exactly sure which part of my comment you're referring to but I am assuming it is the 'why would God carve something into Cas's chest' thing. To which I reply that yes, sometimes crazy things happen on the show and sometimes things don't happen as we expect but that one doesn't fit into my ideology of the show. I mean the first time we get a direct message from God and it is three ominous words carved into Cas's chest. First of all, if that randomly happened to Cas why would his response to that be 'This must be a message from God'. Two, in the promo when it is shown, Cas has his 'I am not amused' face on at someone out of frame. So it appears to be more of someone screwing around with him as opposed to some divine message. Plus, it looks kinda fire and brimstone-y in the background. So hell? Not the place we expect to meet God.
        Overall, based on the promo and where we left off in the last episode, it is not set to bring in a character like God. I think it will have more to do with Lucifer ****ing around with Sam's mind (maybe everyone else's in hell too) and Dean and Cas trying to find a way of getting him out.

Comment

I believe the God (Chuck) is end-game for the series, and I believe it won't be this season that we see him, or it might be the end of this season that brings God in as the big-bad for season 12....yes, big bad, although not "e-vil" but I'm thinking based on what Amara is saying and the fact that God has virtually abandoned Heaven and the angels and man, that He's not going to be all warm and fuzzy....

Lucifer said that the cage cracked when the darkness was released and, thus, he was able to manipulate Sam....why would God be telling Sam to go to Lucifer? Sam believed it was God because he falsely believed that Lucifer was helpless in the cage so it couldn't have been him.

The only thing I can think of that it would make this be true is if God was going to use Samifer to banish Amara/Dean. This basically brings us full circle, back one generation, to the Cain and Abel connection from the beginning of the series and the Apocalypse Michael/Dean, Sam/Lucifer....end-game is Dean is banished and Sam goes to Hell.

Either way, the series just can't end with going back to normal MOTW...once this is done and Amara is back into the Void and God is back in Heaven or back to wherever he is now, Sam and Dean can't be anything but dead or worse IMO. Sad but true.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
            I believe the God (Chuck) is end-game for the series, and I believe it won't be this season that we see him, or it might be the end of this season that brings God in as the big-bad for season 12....yes, big bad, although not "e-vil" but I'm thinking based on what Amara is saying and the fact that God has virtually abandoned Heaven and the angels and man, that He's not going to be all warm and fuzzy....
            God not being "warm and fuzzy" has already been looong established before Amara showed up. Both in Supernatural and real life. Ever read the bible?

In terms of real life religion, for god it's either "his way or the high way". Worship me or no access to heaven. Plus he wiped out all of mankind AT LEAST once thanks to the whole Noah's Ark incident. There may be other times in history when god wiped out mankind for a "do over" if the bible is to be believed, and some popular theories suggest that god even was responsible for wiping out Atlantis, giving mankind yet ANOTHER do over.

Supernatural wise, the angel Joshua (whom I STILL think may be a viable disguise for god all along) established way back when of his in/famous wrath when he threatened Zackariah (sp?).

Honestly I still think God will only truly come in physically as a character with the series end-game/finale. But his presence on the show will def grow stronger by season end. But sadly, since 11 is NOT Supernatural's finale, we probably won't get god quite yet. Most likely we'll get yet ANOTHER huge hint/"tease" at the end of the season if they want the even 12 season show. That way they can give Amara the full two season stint that the average villain beyond Crowly is granted on the show.

Comment

@charmingrose - You don't think I actually think God is literally going to stand in front of Cas and carve this message into his chest do you? I mean, that would be silly. I completely agree with you that they probably wont reveal Chuck in the next episode and we are also in agreement that now is the time to start to make that climb. I also agree HELL would not be the place he shows his face first. Would I be shocked if God did show up next episode? Absolutely not. I am incredibly interested in whatever answers the Reaper gives Dean however.

The context of Cas is very much up for debate. I think Cas and God have a very special relationship. He almost instinctively known all along every time that God has resurrected him. He is the CHOSEN ONE of his children if you really think about it. I would have no hard time believing that if something appeared on his chest from God he would somehow be able to know. Also I agree with you in that I can very much believe he is going to harrow hell again in order to find Sam. I would definitely love to see Cas at full power against Lucifer now. But honestly I think we absolutely must also see Michael again. That's my number one question. Where the hell (pun intended) is the good brother? He's gotta put a stop to this nonsense.

Anyhow, those are just a few of my thoughts. ChristianToday has actually been a pretty good source for spoilers. I doubt they would just say things if they didn't already know. But we will all find out together if any of this is true.

Comment

I think that article is jumping to conclusions a bit.

Comment

@charmingrose I know that sometimes there are alternate versions of promos for Canada and Australia etc etc. I am wondering if they happened to see another version of the promo that shows what is on Cas's chest a bit better. I find it curious that in the one for CW it cuts weirdly in order to not show what it says. It makes me believe even more that what the article says it says is exactly what it infact does say. Just a thought. I wouldn't be surprised if what was said in the article was wrong but I have a feeling it is spot on even though it seems very speculative. Besides, that is what this section is here for right? haha.

Comment

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
                    @charmingrose I know that sometimes there are alternate versions of promos for Canada and Australia etc etc. I am wondering if they happened to see another version of the promo that shows what is on Cas's chest a bit better. I find it curious that in the one for CW it cuts weirdly in order to not show what it says. It makes me believe even more that what the article says it says is exactly what it infact does say. Just a thought. I wouldn't be surprised if what was said in the article was wrong but I have a feeling it is spot on even though it seems very speculative. Besides, that is what this section is here for right? haha.

Well, let's just keep hopes/expectations in check. Remember, Lucifer tricked Sam into thinking god sent those images when it fact it was the caged-bound archangel. Therefore, even if it DOES say "I am coming" on Cas, that also could be from Lucifer. I wouldn't be surprised if the devil tried using Amara as his one-way tocket out of hell so that he can be the "big bad" of Supernatural again for a couple of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                      Well, let's just keep hopes/expectations in check. Remember, Lucifer tricked Sam into thinking god sent those images when it fact it was the caged-bound archangel. Therefore, even if it DOES say "I am coming" on Cas, that also could be from Lucifer. I wouldn't be surprised if the devil tried using Amara as his one-way tocket out of hell so that he can be the "big bad" of Supernatural again for a couple of seasons.
                      I kind of hope you are right Tyrant. I think after The Darkness they need to somehow build Lucifer back up to being the Prince Of Darkness. I would totally buy it if either A. He created the Mark as a way to free himself from Hell as a long shot IE hoping that eventually someone would find a way to remove it from them and it would also explain why Lucifer never tried to do so in season 5 as why would he need to especially if The Darkness is actually the source of his power? and/or B. He and Amara were actually on the same side and put this little plan together since day one.

Comment

I would dearly so love Lucifer to be the big bad again....so love him. LOL

With the Lucifer TV series now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the competition...

I think if they did this, made Lucifer (with the one and only Mark Pellegrino please) the big bad to the end of the series and pretty much reinstated the Heaven and Hell dichotomy, it would be a good ratings ploy. With the CW now becoming the DC repository of all things awesome, Supernatural could get lost in the sauce....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                          I would dearly so love Lucifer to be the big bad again....so love him. LOL

With the Lucifer TV series now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the competition...

I think if they did this, made Lucifer (with the one and only Mark Pellegrino please) the big bad to the end of the series and pretty much reinstated the Heaven and Hell dichotomy, it would be a good ratings ploy. With the CW now becoming the DC repository of all things awesome, Supernatural could get lost in the sauce....
                          The problem here is Supernatural actually HAS to see the end. I know some fans don't want it to, but it must. Frankly, it's already lasted loooong after it needed to. Lucifer should've been the show finale, period. Giving God "relatives" is just plain ridiculous, imo. The only "good" thing to come out of this whole Amara gimmick at all was Crowly's reaction "God has relatives?". His face was priceless.

But having watched the show this long, I can only hope that the show runners recognize this and they won't overstay their welcome. I won't say I'm giving up and losing interest in the show, but it's close. This story NEEDS to finish. Soon.

Comment

@charmingrose - Hate to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" but I kind of did in this case. ChristianToday.com obviously had access to things we didn't. Here is your proof about Cas's chest.

So excited for tonight!!!!!!

Okay - Im not a punk. I wont delete what I said. But hey I was half right. His chest did say that haha. :-D
                            Last edited by waynedeath1047; 01-20-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎