Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Arrow Pilot?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only problem i have with the show is him killing. But the pilot was okay. Hopefully it'll pick up some steem in the upcoming episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
      The only problem i have with the show is him killing. But the pilot was okay. Hopefully it'll pick up some steem in the upcoming episodes.
      i think during the series we will see him go from vengful to hero. right now he pretty much has a hit list. being on the island drove him mad id assume. people like Green Arrow and Batman basically had everything they wanted and decided to become heroes out of revenge. People like Superman were raised to be heroes so they really never had a reason to distrust anyone. Where Smallville he had the mind but not the skills, Arrow he has the skills but not the mind. So i guess thru the series he will be working on self control and waht really matters.

Comment

ok so i just finished watching arrow for the 2nd time. re runs on my cw channel rock!

things i loved:
        • the opening title screen mixed with the music they chose.it gave me chills which is always a good sign.
        • the suit
        • the mansion/castle/house. they shot it from different angles but yet let us see enough to bring back the 'awww its the luthor mansion ' memory for me.
        • the flashbacks. they were timed at the appropriate times
        • the dianah ollie & his friend ( forgot the name it should be a better name then love triangle.
        • mrs queen is evil/bad
        • the action although brief in this episode

things that werent great/could improve
        • hes a billionaire yet howd he get the great arrows right away
        • wish the bodyguard was brought into the secret
        • relationship between dinah and ollie. need to improve on 'the spark'
        • ollie needs to drive his OWN cars; fast shiny and expensive;< i know not plot line importance but still kinda was blah
        • even the scenes that were supposed to be mushy caring and warm scenes were dark; the lighting, the attitudes of the characters and the wardrobe, all dark. a little bit of warmness wont kill the show.

overall : i loved it. its a great starting point for this take on ollie/green arrow. i know that as i get to know the characters and the plot thickens i will love the show more.
        Last edited by kalel1938; 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM. Reason: omg i cant spell or properly make a sentence!

Comment

I did not like it. I don't buy Amell as Oliver Queen but he is just fine as Arrow. And painted green on the face? Really?

Comment

I liked the pilot a lot, it was enjoyable and the fight scenes were really good.
            It felt like a little mix of Smallville meets The Dark Knight.
            Towards the end when Oliver's dad killed himself, it showed that the show is going to be more serious and darker in tone then Smallivlle.
            I like the whole cast so far, the lead male Stephen Amell, I know from The Vampire Diaries and he does a good job as Oliver/GA here, I did wish he was more blonder for Oliver tho.
            One drawback is I'm not really feeling Oliver and Laurel as the destined couple yet, it's just one episode, so as the series progresses I'm sure it will change.
            Overall, I really like Arrow and it's a great new show.
            I'm not familiar with the Green Arrow mythos but I'm sure Laurel Lance is the Black Canary and she is blonde with super powers just like in Young Justice, but I'm not sure it will be the same character here in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Asore
              I'm not familiar with the Green Arrow mythos but I'm sure Laurel Lance is the Black Canary and she is blonde with super powers just like in Young Justice, but I'm not sure it will be the same character here in this series.
              They called her Dinah Laurel Lance in the last scene with Merlyn(which I must say because it sets up a terrible love triangle was the only bad part of the episode) so yes I assume at some point when the show needs a ratings boost we will see Black Canary

Other then the Love Triangle setup at the end I thought the episode was great for a pilot. A solid 9
              Last edited by Supsfan; 10-13-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

I agree Supsfan. The prospect of a love triangle was one of the few things I didn't enjoy about this episode. I guess old habits die hard as far as the CW is concerned...

Comment

Too early for me to judge. It didn't blow me away like the Smallville pilot did, but I am intriged by the plot. Loved the heavy action scenes. It did make me wish we could have had a Batman series instead, though.

Comment

I really liked the Pilot. I think now that Green Arrow has screwed with Adam Hunt, that Hunt will hire Deadshot to take care of Green Arrow.

I really liked the high paced action as well. That was great to see for a debut episode. Speaking of Hunt, he reminded me of Lex Luthor from Smallville because of the bald head and a lot of money and power, lol and Laurel sort of reminded me of Lois Lane as well. But, I know this is completely in a different place than Smallville was.

Comment

It was good. Like all the characters and actors. Though I didn't believe Amell's portrayal of the playboy side of Oliver too much. But it was the pilot and he had just gotten off an island after many years... I don't know if I like his friend already becoming suspicious of him or not.

Comment

I didn’t care for the voice over. I understand that it’s needed for the audience since no one knows his secret but I hope someone finds out (preferably the bodyguard) so we can hear Oliver’s thought process without using a voicing over.
                        I hate he cheated with the sister and was dreading that part when it was spoiled but they didn’t dwell too much on it in the hour so that was good.
                        I liked all the actors although I think Stephen can work onhis “party Oliver” persona.
                        I wasn’t surprise about the twist on the mom but the dad shooting himself shocked me.
                        Love Love LOVE all the action scenes and love how proactiveOliver/Arrow was.
                        Overall a good pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by kalel1938
                          ok so i just finished watching arrow for the 2nd time. re runs on my cw channel rock!

things i loved:
                          • the opening title screen mixed with the music they chose.it gave me chills which is always a good sign.
                          • the suit
                          • the mansion/castle/house. they shot it from different angles but yet let us see enough to bring back the 'awww its the luthor mansion ' memory for me.
                          • the flashbacks. they were timed at the appropriate times
                          • the dianah ollie & his friend ( forgot the name it should be a better name then love triangle.
                          • mrs queen is evil/bad
                          • the action although brief in this episode

things that werent great/could improve
                          • hes a billionaire yet howd he get the great arrows right away
                          • wish the bodyguard was brought into the secret
                          • relationship between dinah and ollie. need to improve on 'the spark'
                          • ollie needs to drive his OWN cars; fast shiny and expensive;< i know not plot line importance but still kinda was blah
                          • even the scenes that were supposed to be mushy caring and warm scenes were dark; the lighting, the attitudes of the characters and the wardrobe, all dark. a little bit of warmness wont kill the show.

overall : i loved it. its a great starting point for this take on ollie/green arrow. i know that as i get to know the characters and the plot thickens i will love the show more.
                          the friend's name is tommy merlyn, as in THE "merlyn" from the GA comics: Click image for larger version

Name:	merlyn_foe_sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6627634it's a bit like the clark/lex friendship, good buddies destined to be arch enemies. i wonder if ollie will tell tommy, or keep hiding it like clark did. it'll certainly be interesting.
                          Attached Files

Comment

some behind-the-scenes photos:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow-archery-training-570x321.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	6627636

Name:	arrow-behind-the-scenes-1-570x321.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	6627638

Name:	imagesCAOP065Y.jpg
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	6627640
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey it's Curtis and a terrorist working together, two former 24 actors as cop partners. The scene where GA jumped out the window and zip-lined away, they had Curtis say "Tell me you saw that", and for a second I there I hoped he'd add "There's only one man I know of who could pull off something so utterly reckless and dumb..." "Who?" replies the former terrorist. "Who do you think," replies Curtis. "Jack Bauer."

I must say all the killing was a nice surprise, gave the pilot a much needed edge in an otherwise very formulaic and standard superhero storyline (Batman-eque in particular). Although Arrow's face is barely covered or masked, how is he not being recognized? Guess killing everybody he runs across helps with that. I do wish the show had more of its own filming style though, felt too much like Smallville at times, already had 10 years of that. Or maybe it's just a "CW" thing.

And finally, the "revenge" theme with the narration from Queen reminded me a lot of ABC's Revenge. The twist should be that Emily Thorne is his long lost half-sister, and they're both the last person on each other's revenge list.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                                I agree Supsfan. The prospect of a love triangle was one of the few things I didn't enjoy about this episode. I guess old habits die hard as far as the CW is concerned...
                                Instead of the formulaic love triangle they should have made Ollie a playboy and have like a new hot girl he is dating each week(or the HOTW(Hottie of the Week)). But as you say given it's the CW they need relationship drama

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎