0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Wow! I expected to shred that episode to pieces but it was actually great. Really strong emotionally with the characters finally opening up and talking to each other and being there for one another. Good earned conflict not manufactured angst. Actions scenes I was invested in and I didn't even completely hate Rene!

Of course since I enjoyed the present day storyline so much, the flashback would be just filler until the final seconds.

I will try to continue to reserve judgment about Tina (if that ends up really being her name - I don't know why Tina rings so false).

Comment

Ha, I never thought I would say these words again....Felicity was great! I actually like this "darker" version of Felicity and look forward to more of that in coming episodes. Of course, I loved every moment of Katie Cassidy as Black Siren and I know it'll be a while...if at all....for her return on the show. And lastly....TALIA!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
        Ha, I never thought I would say these words again....Felicity was great! I actually like this "darker" version of Felicity and look forward to more of that in coming episodes. Of course, I loved every moment of Katie Cassidy as Black Siren and I know it'll be a while...if at all....for her return on the show. And lastly....TALIA!
        I'm so curious why Talia is even there! Did Oliver already know her? Was she a back up plan? Did someone send her? Does she want something from Oliver?

Also, it's kind of mind boggling to realize that at this point in the flashbacks, Sara would have probably been with the LoA for at least a couple years. She actually has more training than Oliver, lol. I never expected that.

Comment

This was a bait and switch episode, designed to troll Laurel fans once again. And as such it gets 1/10.

I seriously hope that's the last I ever see of Katie Cassidy on Arrow.
          Last edited by costas22; 01-26-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

The Black Siren stuff was the only good part of the episode, and we honestly didn't get enough of it. The rest was Team Snowflake complaining, Felicity undermining Oliver's authority as leader of the team, and the only bit about the flashbacks was Talia. Oh, I was amused by how Oliver in Russia briefly transplanted Laurel's face onto Talia. ANy bets on if he ends up banging her?

2/10. I love KC and Black Siren, but they were used and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Comment

I enjoyed that. Was a pleasure seeing Katie Cassidy again. Didn't like how Felicity was the one to knock her out in the end though.

Echo Kellum should stick to the comedy stuff. He is terrible when Curtis is attempting to be serious.

I don't see the point of this Diggle storyline. All it is doing is alienating him from the rest of the cast. Could John Ramsey be leaving at the end of the season?

The flashbacks bored me until Talia showed up. So she has been looking for Oliver. Could Amanda Waller have been worried about Oliver, forced Talia to find him, Talia doesn't like it so asks Oliver to kill her in exchange for a favour? Or did Anatoly hire her in some way to find Oliver? Or does Talia somehow know that Oliver worked for ARGUS and wants him to take down Waller? I'm curious.

Putting Laurel's face on Talia must have some significance. Oliver probably ends up sleeping with her. Black Siren's line about Oliver enjoying sisters was highly amusing and could have some bearing here.

Comment

I DVR'd it and FF through most of the Diggle stuff and most of the flashbacks because I find them to be pointless and ridiculous. I did like seeing Talia, though.

The Black Siren stuff didn't work for me. Katie plays her so over the top that I never knew when she was lying and when she was telling the truth, and I don't mean that in the good way. As a Prometheus plot, she was a total bust, and then they had nothing for her to do. They also treated her as basically a non-threat when you think about it. In the span of a single episode, Team Arrow discovered she was a fake, captured her TWICE, and used her to track down Prometheus. For a supervillain, that's pathetic.

I liked the Curtis and Rene storyline. Not everyone who joins the team has to be a badass. But that doesn't also mean Curtis has no value to the team. Their scenes were the best part of the episode in my book.

I cannot believe this show is already moving on to its 4th Black Canary.

Comment

I figured the Black Siren cameo was just that - to generate buzz for the winter premiere. Even though they had Ollie pay lip service to the idea of redeeming Bad Laurel, I'm not expecting them to do much with it at this point.

The Prometheus subplot was meh. It's kind of like last season in the Sara resurrection subplot when they uttered Darhk's name a gazillion times to make us think it was still an Arrow ep and not the LoT prequel it actually was. This time, Prometheus is thrown in here when he could just as easily be absent. Prometheus was there more to serve the Dark Felicity arc than his own and he could have done so without even appearing in this ep. And while Black Siren did actually school Team Arrow multiple times in the ep, let's not forget, she was played by Felicity too easily and caught too easily. The ease of it was hard to digest.

I do like the potential for the Dark Felicity arc, which many fans have seen coming the moment Monument Point drew the short straw last season. Maybe we'll get further development for her, maybe. I was fine with her scenes.

Other pluses were the action scenes and their making an effort to flesh out Curtis and Rene. Their scenes were a highlight. Curtis can still be a hero without a mask. Maybe SG's James can take notes.

The flashbacks here were, compared to others this season, uncharacteristically dull. Seeing Ollie strapped to a chair in a browbeating faceoff with the Bratva is nothing we haven't seen before. Only Talia's appearance salvaged it.

As for Tina, I guess my hopes that she'd merely take up the cause and not the mask are dimmer now. She may yet be a vigilante with her own non-Canary brand, fight Laurel's fight without wearing her boots, but I don't know if they have the imagination to make the effort to go there. I'm willing to see her prove her worth as a vigilante, no brand attached. But just letting her take on the BC role is a pill they must surely realize many will resist or refuse to swallow.

And, we've had four Canaries: proto-Canary, Black Canary, Teen Canary and now Next Canary (Tina), with Black Siren (Bad Canary) and White Canary in the on-deck circle. As for 'the' Black Canary, there was only one, she died in S4 and can't be replaced so easily. My views on this haven't changed since S4.

Comment

President Luthor: MG has all but confirmed via Tweeting the CBR article about the new promo that Tina is going to be the new Black Canary. Guggie lives in a fantasy world where he thinks he's making brilliant storytelling decisions.

Comment

The BOP comics fan in me would never accept anyone but Dinah Laurel Lance as BC. In this sense, BC's story ended in S4 with her death, full stop, whatever they do with Tina.

As for the Arrow viewer in me, I will have to take any post-S4 "BC" stories as Elseworlds-type tales. They could give her a mask, meta powers and a blonde wig -- she won't be "The" BC to me or other viewers. At best, I'd view her as "a" Canary ... like Sara and Evelyn.

They'd have to do better than destroy BC's statue to make us buy into some quickie rebranding.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                        The BOP comics fan in me would never accept anyone but Dinah Laurel Lance as BC. In this sense, BC's story ended in S4 with her death, full stop, whatever they do with Tina.

As for the Arrow viewer in me, I will have to take any post-S4 "BC" stories as Elseworlds-type tales. They could give her a mask, meta powers and a blonde wig -- she won't be "The" BC to me or other viewers. At best, I'd view her as "a" Canary ... like Sara and Evelyn.

They'd have to do better than destroy BC's statue to make us buy into some quickie rebranding.
                        In regards to this new Black Canary?

For me Black Canary is Sara and Laurel. Nobody else. (Through I do more frequently use The Canary in regards to Sara)

Tina is below that.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                          I'm so curious why Talia is even there! Did Oliver already know her? Was she a back up plan? Did someone send her? Does she want something from Oliver?

Also, it's kind of mind boggling to realize that at this point in the flashbacks, Sara would have probably been with the LoA for at least a couple years. She actually has more training than Oliver, lol. I never expected that.

Honestly, I hope we see Talia in the present and then have Nyssa enter the equation....that would be so kick ass, lol

Comment

If it's any consolation, they've said this new character has deep comic roots somehow. Perhaps we'll find out her real name is also Laurel Dinah Lance.... not related. We've all been fooled the whole time. People can have the same name. It could happen.

I don't know. It's late, and I'm tired.

Comment

The end pissed me off...Another black canary? Why not get a black siren redemption arc? Wtf is Guggenheim doing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎