No announcement yet.

#11.01 "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #11.01 "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire"

CW gave the title and the premiere date (well, we knew that already) of October 7th.

Less than 3 weeks away!

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    CW gave the title and the premiere date (well, we knew that already) of October 7th.

Less than 3 weeks away!
    I'm still praying that the first commercial advertisement I see on TV for this show will have the opening tag line "for the final season of supernatural..."

Here's hoping. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
      I'm still praying that the first commercial advertisement I see on TV for this show will have the opening tag line "for the final season of supernatural..."

Here's hoping. Cheers.
      I posted the trailer in another section... No sign of it being the final season unfortunately.

Comment

gotta milk that cashcow

Comment

Mark Pedowitz, the head of the CW, at the last CW upfronts said that this will not be the final season of Supernatural (unless the J's suddenly and abruptly want out of their contracts, which I don't see happening. They've both stated they are happy to continue.). So we'll get at least a Season 12.

Well, unless the ratings super tank, I guess? But I don't see that happening either as the show has actually been growing in viewership in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            Mark Pedowitz, the head of the CW, at the last CW upfronts said that this will not be the final season of Supernatural (unless the J's suddenly and abruptly want out of their contracts, which I don't see happening. They've both stated they are happy to continue.). So we'll get at least a Season 12.

Well, unless the ratings super tank, I guess? But I don't see that happening either as the show has actually been growing in viewership in recent years.
            Of course they are happy to continue, I don't blame them. It's a cushy gig that anyone realistically would be dumb to leave unless they had better options available. Must be nice to be actors and channel execs. =/

Comment

Here's hoping. Cheers.
              Originally posted by demosthenes
              I posted the trailer in another section... No sign of it being the final season unfortunately.
              Uh, why would you hope for that exactly?

You know you can just stop watching if you don't think it's good anymore, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeoVGM

You know you can just stop watching if you don't think it's good anymore, right?
                Zero, I think a lot of us on this forum feel the show has declined in quality and could have ended a lot sooner when the story was approaching a logical and organic end, however it's gone far beyond that. Being loyal fans of the show, we want to see these characters have their stories come to a natural conclusion, but it seems as though they keep limping forward. After investing so much time into this show, it seems a bit crazy to just ditch it all of a sudden. Also, I think that with an antagonist like The Darkness, they aren't really a lot more options in terms of a bigger, badder threat to the boys. So it seems logical that it would end soon, but with Pedowitz's comments, it seems like they are going to prolong the end of the show further and unfortunately, the likelihood that the quality will further diminish is a firm reality; at least that's what most of us fear.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                  gotta milk that cashcow
                  LOL exactly.. =(

Comment

Originally posted by ZeoVGM

Well, Basically....

Originally posted by Axalon
                    Zero, I think a lot of us on this forum feel the show has declined in quality and could have ended a lot sooner when the story was approaching a logical and organic end, however it's gone far beyond that. Being loyal fans of the show, we want to see these characters have their stories come to a natural conclusion, but it seems as though they keep limping forward. After investing so much time into this show, it seems a bit crazy to just ditch it all of a sudden. Also, I think that with an antagonist like The Darkness, they aren't really a lot more options in terms of a bigger, badder threat to the boys. So it seems logical that it would end soon, but with Pedowitz's comments, it seems like they are going to prolong the end of the show further and unfortunately, the likelihood that the quality will further diminish is a firm reality; at least that's what most of us fear.
                    ...This. I SERIOUSLY doubt the writers can come up with a bigger bad after THE darkness, and everything after will just seem lackluster by comparison. Especially if God/Lucifer/Michael DO end up possessing the Winchester family (yes, including John) to fend it off again in season finale.

Were could they even POSSIBLY hope to go from their to top it off? The only scenario I could think of is that they restart the whole apocalypse thing again but this time with God's direct involvement but then you risk redundancy/repeating season 4.

Comment

I think this big bad, like the Mark, will take two seasons to wrap up....they have a LOT of wrapping up to do in this series, so I can see it taking two years to do so. I'm cool with that.

Comment

yeah I think you're on to something here SuperSheltie, it's the only way they can have 2 more seasons, because making a villain bigger than the Darkness? No way.

Then again we got the monster arc after Lucifer so there's that.

Comment

I must say that after the Leviathans I was surprised to see the Mark...and then now the Darkness....I can imagine the writers can pretty much pull anything out of their hats at this point.

It's been made clear on many panels and interviews and on the DVDs that as long as Jensen and Jared are on-board, and with Pedowicz at the helm of the CW, they will continue as long as they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                            I think this big bad, like the Mark, will take two seasons to wrap up....they have a LOT of wrapping up to do in this series, so I can see it taking two years to do so. I'm cool with that.
                            I think you are right Super. I would have preferred that they wrap things up this season, but I can see it extending to next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
                              I think you are right Super. I would have preferred that they wrap things up this season, but I can see it extending to next season.
                              Honestly? I STILL wish they ended the series with the gates closing. I just feel that this show is slowly but surely devolving into a "doesn't know when to quit" show. Then there'll finally be a season were poor ratings dictate immediate cancellation, maybe even during mid season. Then what?

As a guy who's seen this show from the beginning, I think it'd be a SHAME if it didn't wrap up nicely with an actual, not RUSHED ending. Too many decent shows get canned early and are forced to either force end quickly, or simply stop cold turkey with unfinished stories.

Let this story end. And better yet, let it end with some epic dignity.

Or, better yet. If they love this franchise so much, end THIS particular series, and do a spin-off show. Maybe with a different pair of hunters? New hunters, new villains, new threats.

Either way, Sam and Dean's story needs to end.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎