No announcement yet.

Superman & Lois: Rate #1.1 "Pilot"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winchesters1967
    Does anyone think this show will do as well as Smallville did? Could you see it going on longer than just two or three seasons?
    Unfortunately, I do not think it will do as well as Smallville, although I think it has great potential. I think Smallville was just done so well and held so highly in the hearts of the fans that this one will always be compared to it and, therefore, fall just short.

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    What did you think?
    That said, I think the show was great, it kept my attention, great special effects, a little predictable at times, but also some great "whoa" moments too, like the ending with the ships voice... "Captain Luthor". :-) I was not expecting that! I shall return to watch for sure! Thanks for the invite email back to the forums! I had to root around for my old password! Ha ha!

Comment

Absolutely super! The fan service was beautiful, but what really made an impression on me is how clear-minded this Pilot felt. Its mission, its characters, its setting, it all came together in a believable, compelling, moving whole. I found myself as invested in the family dynamic as much as I was thrilled by the Superman stuff. The whole cast really held their own and proved exactly why they're in their respective roles. I can't wait to see where this goes. It feels so thrilling to have this Superman on our screens.

Comment

I thought it was an amazing pilot. I enjoyed it alot. I am a huge Smallville fan and Clois fan. I think they did a good job bringing you into the story and I am very intrigued where it will go. Cannot wait for the next episode.

Comment

Exceeded my expectations! Been burnt out on the CW superhero shows for a long time. This one pulled me back in. Very happy to have Superman and Lois back on my TV every week.

Comment

It was so nice to have Clois back on the screen!! I am so happy and super excited for the season.

Comment

I'm actually Kara Zor-El from my days of visiting the Supergirl site. I think I will like S&L better than Supergirl. Two complaints: The dark filter used and broody Jordan. I'm pretty sure I will tire of Jordan fairly quickly.
              Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-26-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I finally got a chance to watch it. I thought it was pretty good and has potential. Totally different tonally and visually than the rest of the Arrowverse...I wonder if one of the Kent boys is on his way to becoming the next Smallville scarecrow though .

I was a bit confused by the ending. I guess I remembered Crisis incorrectly. I’m wondering how this will affect the other shows, particularly Supergirl.

Comment

Watched it last night and I would say it exceeded my expectations. It did not look or feel like the other CW shows. That is not a knock against any of the other shows, I just appreciated that they seemed to deliberately want to make this one stand apart.

I was really impressed with the Superman effects! Have we ever seen flights AND tights like this on the small screen?? LoL

Seeing Lois and Clark as parents meant a lot to me.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Also, as much as I appreciate that this show has a "stand alone" feel, I do hope we get to see Kara at some point before Melissa leaves the role, and, I feel like they would be crazy not to bring over Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor.

Comment

I loved it so much, I watched it twice and might rewatch it again later lol.

I love Tyler as Supes/Clark so much and I love this version of Lana. I'm iffy on this Lois, she doesn't feel Lois like yet, but I hope she'll get there

Comment

I really enjoyed this. When people ask, but how can you make Superman interesting and modern, and still have it be Superman? This! This is how.

Superman feeling like a failing father, because he's being pulled in too many directions trying to help is how. Superman is always about balance for the Clark and Superman sides of the character. The conflict central to the story thus far, is one of balancing his life. His kids feelings towards him come from the unbalance in his life. Jonathan is easy to get along with. It takes less effort to connect to the kid that doesn't have major emotional issues and is more like you. Jordan requires more work and time. Clark hasn't been able to put in the time. He loves his kids. He would do anything for them. His failing is the fact he's also Superman. He can't always be there. He has a darn good reason he isn't there. To his kid though, that reason is seen as a lack of caring. This is a great way to explore Superman as a character. The conflict is a moral one. A family choice he has to make. Can you let an orphanage burn to the ground, because your kid had a therapy session? Is it okay to ignore a Tsunami in Asia for the championship game. Even a Superman is going to have failures here, and it's great storytelling that has little history the character. It's a way to explore a "darker" aspect of the world he lives in, without necessarily making the character darker. Parenting is hard. I can only imagine how hard it becomes for Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El77
                        Unfortunately, I do not think it will do as well as Smallville, although I think it has great potential. I think Smallville was just done so well and held so highly in the hearts of the fans that this one will always be compared to it and, therefore, fall just short.
                        Smallville premiered at a very unique time with distinct advantages. It was really the only show of its kind for most of its run - the only thing that came close was Heroes, and even that was cancelled before Smallville was even finished. It also didn't have to compete with 96 million streaming choices stealing eyeballs, and (sorry CW) The WB was a much stronger brand.

With that said, I do think one of the wisest choices Superman & Lois has made as a series is standing out on its own. It'll still be weighed down by thoughts and connections to the 50 other DC shows already on The CW, but it'll definitely be something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                          I was a bit confused by the ending. I guess I remembered Crisis incorrectly. I’m wondering how this will affect the other shows, particularly Supergirl.
                          Referring to "Captain Luthor," being of another world, Oliver Queen did "restore the Multiverse" and various worlds, and maybe Luthor's is one of them. (Other Earths teased were Brandon Routh's Earth, Earth-2 with Stargirl, Earth-19 with Swamp Thing, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Russkafin
                            I was really impressed with the Superman effects! Have we ever seen flights AND tights like this on the small screen?? LoL.
                            I was thinking about that when we see Superman flying to the nuclear reactor plant; thinking back to the days when we had Dean Cain's ONE flight they'd use over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              Referring to "Captain Luthor," being of another world, Oliver Queen did "restore the Multiverse" and various worlds, and maybe Luthor's is one of them. (Other Earths teased were Brandon Routh's Earth, Earth-2 with Stargirl, Earth-19 with Swamp Thing, etc.)
                              That’s true. For all we know he could be from an Earth where Lex Luthor is actually a good guy...though it’s doesn’t seem like it (like Earth-3 in the comics I think?). I even thought maybe from the alternate future from Krypton when Zod has taken over...then again, Luthor knows the name Kal-El.

is it possible that it’s Lex Luthor Jr.? Or another Luthor, illegitimate or otherwise?

Comment

Absolutely amazing first episode! A captivating and well executed story combined with great performances from all actors. Even the teen boys, imagine that! Effects are good enough! Loved the nod to the 40's Superman with Martha made costume. I think that I'm not overreacting when I feel and say that this may be the best live action version of Superman story yet. Smallville was all Clark, too much Lana, Chloe and NO true Superman. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher were good but effects and budget limited that show. MOS was too much darkness and destruction, Reeve was to much camp. This episode balances all that perfectly. It knows when to tell a super smell joke, it knows when to pull all the emotional strings. It has that MOS dark-ish thing going on, put in just the right amount. I expected to not like the teen drama going on with the boys, put they managed to not tip the scale in the wrong way. All in all, a perfectly balanced story.

*spoilers*

I expected Luthor to be Zod, but introducing an interesting version of Lex (or another Luthor here?) never hurts a good Superman story. Thank Jor-El, that TPTB decided that it was NOT Jon Cryer. What a horrible casting decision, downright dreadful, that was. Worse than Eisenberg.
                                Last edited by CKent/KalEl; 02-27-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎