No announcement yet.

11.22 We Happy Few

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.22 We Happy Few

All I know about this one so far is the title.

Synopsis: Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) face their biggest challenge yet. Rowena (Ruth Connell) makes her move. John Badham directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1122). Original airdate 5/18/2016.

Comment

I was going along with this episode up until Amara beat down God. Wtf??? She was in a weakened state, and all of a sudden just when he said I'm sorry you have to go back into the box, she out powers him???

So mad about this ending. That writing was good up until that moment. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes
        I was going along with this episode up until Amara beat down God. Wtf??? She was in a weakened state, and all of a sudden just when he said I'm sorry you have to go back into the box, she out powers him???

So mad about this ending. That writing was good up until that moment. Terrible.
        Good! Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was some giant stinking load of dino poo! I wanted to smack around the writers for this one! It was very exciting and thoughtful until the end! I get they were going for a wow factor here but again Supernatural made no f*cking sense! They screwed up badly... She was pretty much gone and then puts God on his deathbed with one move?! And Lucifer too?! Okay, maybe Lucifer could be killed more easily but not God! They just admitted they were equals and BAM! all logic goes right out of the freakin' window! I was annoyed enough at last year's season finale with Death being left out as family and being killed (with the possibility of him being God's brother still looming over) and him being the dark to the light (yin yang stuff). All of that left with the Darkness. I could handle all that... begrudgingly. After all, the Darkness was a pretty cool idea initially. Wasn't too happy about the actress playing her but whatever we've have worse on Supernatural before. But now God is smacked out cold like a pesky fly with one move?! How does that make sense? They could have at least made a better fight between them. Maybe God being caught off guard but still would be able to fight her back obviously. But no... Lame @ss ending. And now the previews for next week's show Dean and Sam making a spirit bomb like something straight out of Dragon Ball Z with souls instead lol! Wtf... I have put 10 years into this show and will watch it until the end but this is getting ridiculous! Way to blow it, writers lol! They really need a fan writer or help consulting for continuity errors, mythology, and overall story arch. I know I sound like an old school star trek nerd with rules and stipulations but this is getting silly that they just shove stuff together to make it fit this episode's plot and this season's story arch without any regard to what they just wrote in the same freaking episode! Basically, they can say one thing and then change it with no rules, explanation, or logic! Example tonight, God mentioning Dean failing to kill Amara with a freaking knife didn't work because he didn't really want her to die?! Whaaaaa? When did Dean get divine powers?! Why would any type of knife be able to kill God besides Death's scythe? Seemed to be a simple silver knife. Also, I saw they used what looked like the spear of destiny to stab Amara. Supernatural called these divine items a God's hand but whatever. They didn't even explain wtf that was either lol! Just an educated guess on my part. Earlier Chuck said it would be redundant but okay. They used it without an explanation. Could let that slide, I guess. Hmmmm... Maybe now Sam or Dean would really want to kill Amara this time and use a sharp stick! Hey, he really means it this time so it should work. Yeah, kill God's sis with a f*cking Christmas tree branch. Makes sense according to these writers logic! So anything goes now. Can't wait to see the spirit bomb they use next week! Let's have no regard for all the people who sacrificed their eternal souls for this hail Mary either. Yes, I know... the greater good and all of that but it's okay as long as Sam and Dean have each other afterwards. This season should have REALLY been the last season. I can't even imagine what more nonsense they could do in later seasons. Sam and Dean die in the spirit bomb blast but must convince Billie the Reaper to let them out of the void. But then Sam and Dean get transported to another planet by accident and as a screw you by Billie and now must fight a super massive black hole from sucking up our entire galaxy! The Super Devil (God and Amara's evil twin brother and who also makes Lucifer look like a baby demon) has made our galaxy's super massive black hole active again because God and Amara's father (Super God, God the Father, the big bang, etc.) was a bad father or something stupid. Can't wait! Sorry for the extra long rant fellow members! Just a tiny bit annoyed about the show. Major venting was needed... Thanks!
        Last edited by sino8r; 05-18-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
          Good! Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was some giant stinking load of dino poo! I wanted to smack around the writers for this one! It was very exciting and thoughtful until the end! I get they were going for a wow factor here but again Supernatural made no f*cking sense! They screwed up badly... She was pretty much gone and then puts God on his deathbed with one move?! And Lucifer too?! Okay, maybe Lucifer could be killed more easily but not God! They just admitted they were equals and BAM! all logic goes right out of the freakin' window! I was annoyed enough at last year's season finale with Death being left out as family and being killed (with the possibility of him being God's brother still looming over) and him being the dark to the light (yin yang stuff). All of that left with the Darkness. I could handle all that... begrudgingly. After all, the Darkness was a pretty cool idea initially. Wasn't too happy about the actress playing her but whatever we've have worse on Supernatural before. But now God is smacked out cold like a pesky fly with one move?! How does that make sense? They could have at least made a better fight between them. Maybe God being caught off guard but still would be able to fight her back obviously. But no... Lame @ss ending. And now the previews for next week's show Dean and Sam making a spirit bomb like something straight out of Dragon Ball Z with souls instead lol! Wtf... I have put 10 years into this show and will watch it until the end but this is getting ridiculous! Way to blow it, writers lol! They really need a fan writer or help consulting for continuity errors, mythology, and overall story arch. I know I sound like an old school star trek nerd with rules and stipulations but this is getting silly that they just shove stuff together to make it fit this episode's plot and this season's story arch without any regard to what they just wrote in the same freaking episode! Basically, they can say one thing and then change it with no rules, explanation, or logic! Example tonight, God mentioning Dean failing to kill Amara with a freaking knife didn't work because he didn't really want her to die?! Whaaaaa? When did Dean get divine powers?! Why would any type of knife be able to kill God besides Death's scythe? Seemed to be a simple silver knife. Also, I saw they used what looked like the spear of destiny to stab Amara. Supernatural called these divine items a God's hand but whatever. They didn't even explain wtf that was either lol! Just an educated guess on my part. Earlier Chuck said it would be redundant but okay. They used it without an explanation. Could let that slide, I guess. Hmmmm... Maybe now Sam or Dean would really want to kill Amara this time and use a sharp stick! Hey, he really means it this time so it should work. Yeah, kill God's sis with a f*cking Christmas tree branch. Makes sense according to these writers logic! So anything goes now. Can't wait to see the spirit bomb they use next week! Let's have no regard for all the people who sacrificed their eternal souls for this hail Mary either. Yes, I know... the greater good and all of that but it's okay as long as Sam and Dean have each other afterwards. This season should have REALLY been the last season. I can't even imagine what more nonsense they could do in later seasons. Sam and Dean die in the spirit bomb blast but must convince Billie the Reaper to let them out of the void. But then Sam and Dean get transported to another planet by accident and as a screw you by Billie and now must fight a super massive black hole from sucking up our entire galaxy! The Super Devil (God and Amara's evil twin brother and who also makes Lucifer look like a baby demon) has made our galaxy's super massive black hole active again because God and Amara's father (Super God, God the Father, the big bang, etc.) was a bad father or something stupid. Can't wait! Sorry for the extra long rant fellow members! Just a tiny bit annoyed about the show. Major venting was needed... Thanks!
          The writers are reading your post and saying, "hey, not a bad idea. God the Father, and and evil twin to God and Amara."

I didn't see that trailer, and now I'm even more upset. A spirit bomb... sigh. Wow, I, like you, had hope.

Your comment about the inconsistencies is so true. God telling the boys using a hand of God would be redundant, and then Luci uses that spear of destiny/Crowley's xmas tree to weaken her. You mentioned a lot. The one I can't forgive is that they said they were equal. How all of a sudden does she kicks his a$$ if she's weak??

Hated that line about Dean not wanting to kill her, lol. I thought that was an angel blade, but I could be wrong. He doesn't want her to die, but if she's dead already, then Dean's ok?

I did like the idea of teaming everyone up, that was kinda fun. The demons attacking her was cool. Don't know if any of you heard Ruth (rosena) on live stream. She was watching this episode. She said "what's amara doing to god? wait, now god is peter pan all of a sudden?" Even she thought that was stupid.

Ok, rant over. If this finale is as bad as it seems like it will be, I'm throwing in the towel. They are not being consistent and just doing whatever they want.

Comment

The writers are reading your post and saying, "hey, not a bad idea. God the Father, and and evil twin to God and Amara."

I didn't see that trailer, and now I'm even more upset. A spirit bomb... sigh. Wow, I, like you, had hope.

Your comment about the inconsistencies is so true. God telling the boys using a hand of God would be redundant, and then Luci uses that spear of destiny/Crowley's xmas tree to weaken her. You mentioned a lot. The one I can't forgive is that they said they were equal. How all of a sudden does she kicks his a$$ if she's weak??

Hated that line about Dean not wanting to kill her, lol. I thought that was an angel blade, but I could be wrong. He doesn't want her to die, but if she's dead already, then Dean's ok?

I did like the idea of teaming everyone up, that was kinda fun. The demons attacking her was cool. Don't know if any of you heard Ruth (rosena) on live stream. She was watching this episode. She said "what's amara doing to god? wait, now god is peter pan all of a sudden?" Even she thought that was stupid.

Ok, rant over. If this finale is as bad as it seems like it will be, I'm throwing in the towel. They are not being consistent and just doing whatever they want.
            Lol! I hope they don't use that silly story. It does show that I've been watching too many space documentaries lately. However, it does seem to be the general consensus that Sam or Dean or both end up in the void next season. Seems like everyone is annoyed with the ending. People all over the internet seem pissed. Whether it was due to poor writing, Sam and Dean interactions, Lucifer getting some kind of redemption, silly fight scene, or our complaints about God getting beat easily and continuity issues... the fans are angry tonight! Maybe the finale will be better but I have my doubts after tonight. Maybe this is part of God's plan to let Sam and Dean handle it and meant this to happen all along. Giving Lucifer, Amara, and all the other bad guys a chance for redemption and letting Sam and Dean have the chance to fix what they broke. Everyone seemed to have passed except Amara. I could totally see him being all weird and mysterious about his real plan and knew this would happen lol! Who knows? Would this make up for this seemingly clusterf*ck of an episode? Maybe a little... I doubt this will happen though. Seems lately the writers have been going with the simplest explanation without any deep thoughts into what matters to the fans and going with what seems the most exciting or shocking without worrying about whether it makes sense or not. I guess we'll see... I seem to be a glutton for punishment. It has something to do with being being raised in a Italian Catholic household and going to religious schools as a kid. Heard of Jewish guilt and all of that? Very similar lol!
            Last edited by sino8r; 05-18-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
              Lol! I hope they don't use that silly story. It does show that I've been watching too many space documentaries lately. However, it does seem to be the general consensus that Sam or Dean or both end up in the void next season. Seems like everyone is annoyed with the ending. People all over the internet seem pissed. Whether it was due to poor writing, Sam and Dean interactions, Lucifer getting some kind of redemption, silly fight scene, or our complaints about God getting beat easily and continuity issues... the fans are angry tonight! Maybe the finale will be better but I have my doubts after tonight. Maybe this is part of God's plan to let Sam and Dean handle it and meant this to happen all along. Giving Lucifer, Amara, and all the other bad guys a chance for redemption and letting Sam and Dean have the chance to fix what they broke. Everyone seemed to have passed except Amara. I could totally see him being all weird and mysterious about his real plan and knew this would happen lol! Who knows? Would this make up for this seemingly clusterf*ck of an episode? Maybe a little... I doubt this will happen though. Seems lately the writers have been going with the simplest explanation without any deep thoughts into what matters to the fans and going with what seems the most exciting or shocking without worrying about whether it makes sense or not. I guess we'll see... I seem to be a glutton for punishment. It has something to do with being being raised in a Italian Catholic household and going to religious schools as a kid. Heard of Jewish guilt and all of that? Very similar lol!
              Ever since Billie the reaper mentioned the void, I figured someone would go into it. Either one of/or both the boys, amara, etc. That's at least a logical connection. But as you've said sino8r, you never know with the writers. They do want to shock us more than make sense. Guess they go by that saying "better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Comment

Ever since Billie the reaper mentioned the void, I figured someone would go into it. Either one of/or both the boys, amara, etc. That's at least a logical connection. But as you've said sino8r, you never know with the writers. They do want to shock us more than make sense. Guess they go by that saying "better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
                So true.... Seems like we're in for a repeat of being trapped in purgatory. That's fine and all if done correctly but not sure of what more they could do with bad guys. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us and it'll be good & interesting! I have my doubts though... Ha! Either way, I'm in it until the end. Gotta see what happens after devoting this much time in a show. Sad but true...

Comment

poor Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                    poor Lucifer
                    Yeah, I agree. I do feel a bit bad for Lucifer and Metatron. They ended up getting a chance for redemption, passed it, and then killed quickly after. I feel extra bad for Donatello and all the souls that horrid Darkness consumed. I mean dying is one thing but being completely destroyed forever is awful. To never exist again seems horrifying. I think that's why so many people cling to the idea of religion even today. Imagine dying and ceasing to exist!? It's unfathomable and mind bending! It's like trying to imagine how big the universe is. Billions of stars in our own galaxy and then billions of galaxies in the universe. It can hurt your brain if you think about it too long. It's almost a paradox...

Comment

While I enjoyed the episode, despite the questionable ending, you do pose an interest thought. The writers "doing what ever they want..." Now I'm getting sickening feelings in my stomach reaching as far back as the olden days of yore that were Xena: Warrior Princess. GREAT show in the beginning, then fell apart after the Dark/Demon god Dahok.

I'm still praying we start to see signs of 12 being the last season, hopefully as soon as season 11 ends for the year. I'd like Supernatural to at least wrap up nicely and not feel rushed/forced due to cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎