Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural: Bloodlines (Was Tribes, Spin-off Series, #9.20 Backdoor Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of monster factions being analogs to powerful mob families, all at each other's throats with hunters caught in the middle. This could be great if executed properly, but I fear the CW mandated love triangles and tripe will drag it down.

Also, please have Leviathans trying to regroup post-Dick Roman. That would be great continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      How would a bitter war between vampires and lycans be something like Supernatural: Twilight? SPN's versions of both vampire and lycanthropes/werewolves are nothing like Twlight and would actually feel more like Underworld than Twilight.
      I think you took my point a little too literally when it was more satirical. I don't want a rehash of Underworld either. I just don't care to see that storyline focused on at all what so ever and if it does then I am out. Love can happen but I really couldn't stand another love triangle or another vamp/human exchange at this point.

Your idea about crime families is a little strange. It's another one of those "What would God need with a Starship?" kind of moments in the matter of logically being necessary. Kind of like the other thread about Demons possessing monsters. It's like what the hell would a demon need with a monster? What would monster's need with crime?

Comment

The only thing I can think of for Tribes would be much like what's been done and looks to be continuing, is on Being Human, also a Carver show. Obviously, vampires and werewolves have almost been done to death on other shows, which I don't watch (Vampire Diaries, The Originals) but on Being Human, they are different somehow. There is obviously a "tribe-like" if you will, mentality with the vampires, and there are purebred werewolves and now we don't exactly know what Josh is. And then there is obviously a family connection between Sally and Donna...now with Suzanna in the mix, I have no clue. This is how Kripke did it, IMO, back in the days when it became less about finding John and the family business, and more about Sam and Dean's connection with Heaven and Hell, angels and demons.

I think with the original front-runners from the Kripke years of Supernatural with what Carver is doing on Being Human and on Supernatural, this show could be fabulous. Never been a fan of the love story part of any show, ESPECIALLY triangles, so hopefully they do it right.

I'm keeping an open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by luisl
          I'm all for it. Shapeshifters as main characters? Awesome. That could give a lot of possibilities.

So, five families, right? One family of werewolves, one of shapeshifters. I'm guessing one of vampires, probably one of Djinns. And I'm not sure what other monsters could have families. As long as there isn't one of skinwalkers, i'm all in. And I hope there isn't one of witches, you would already have the three classes of monsters that run New Orleans in The Originals.
          Vampire, werewolves, shapeshifters, skinwalkers and either wraith or rugaru would be my choice for the five families. I've never been a huge fan of djinns myself.

Originally posted by gmster
          I like the idea of monster factions being analogs to powerful mob families, all at each other's throats with hunters caught in the middle. This could be great if executed properly, but I fear the CW mandated love triangles and tripe will drag it down.

Also, please have Leviathans trying to regroup post-Dick Roman. That would be great continuity.
          Exactly. A monster version of a crime thriller series could be very epic if actually done right, but I don't mind the love tryst they're wanting to use for Tribes.

I also think Leviathans re-grouping would be pretty cool too. I could see them being some kind of new presence down the line after the five families and their roles are established. Perhaps all five will have to fight off the Leviathans; could be a nice little arc in itself.

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
          I think you took my point a little too literally when it was more satirical. I don't want a rehash of Underworld either. I just don't care to see that storyline focused on at all what so ever and if it does then I am out. Love can happen but I really couldn't stand another love triangle or another vamp/human exchange at this point.
          It's not that I took what you said so seriously as it's just something that I had to scratch my head with. Nothing has really given us a hint of what could be a shallow vampire/werewolf war that's just over run with romance garbage as Twilight. My example of Underworld was merely just to show that it can be done right where the mythos are an equal to the romance, which is totally fine by me.

Your idea about crime families is a little strange. It's another one of those "What would God need with a Starship?" kind of moments in the matter of logically being necessary. Kind of like the other thread about Demons possessing monsters. It's like what the hell would a demon need with a monster? What would monster's need with crime?
          Now you're taking what I have said too seriously as well. You're thinking of the monster families being like actual crime families that revolve around money or drugs. But think of it as this now: five monster families that have taken control of specific parts of Chicago and making it their territory. That can be as simple as it can be extraordinary as a parallel to crime thrillers you watch of actual crime/mob families.

Comment

And I don't think something like this would've gotten Sam and Dean's attention, Welling_is_pretty. I think Sam and Dean always focus "on the now" cases. And as those character details mention, the families probably assumed roles of more like gang/mob families rather than monsters until that event, whatever it was, caused for them to actually act like monsters again.
            That's true, they do. Though if there's a cycle, usually John noted it in his journal and when it comes around again the boys investigate. I think something like that would maybe happen here. John would have heard activity of these 'families' and gone to check it out. Maybe finding something, maybe not. And I would think, at some point, the boys would also hear about it (though these families must have gotten pretty good at covering their tracks). Then they would 'finish' the case.

I guess I just find it odd that these supernatural creatures could have gotten so powerful and been around so long without a single hunter going against them--let alone any Winchester?

Comment

But then you also have to consider the fact that the Men of Letters was seriously kept under wraps for decades without hunters knowing anything about it. I'm not sure even Garth knows about the MoL.....certainly Bobby didn't and he knew EVERYTHING.....not even sure about Crowley knowing. He might know now, but didn't back then. If Crowley knew about the MoL, that would have been his first conversation to the boys out of the gate...not keeping Lucifer caged, but getting his hands on the bunker....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                But then you also have to consider the fact that the Men of Letters was seriously kept under wraps for decades without hunters knowing anything about it.
                That's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  That's true, they do. Though if there's a cycle, usually John noted it in his journal and when it comes around again the boys investigate. I think something like that would maybe happen here. John would have heard activity of these 'families' and gone to check it out. Maybe finding something, maybe not. And I would think, at some point, the boys would also hear about it (though these families must have gotten pretty good at covering their tracks). Then they would 'finish' the case.

I guess I just find it odd that these supernatural creatures could have gotten so powerful and been around so long without a single hunter going against them--let alone any Winchester?
                  I don't think there will be a cycle or anything to have gotten the attention of John even back in the day. Some of those character details state that some of the characters are reverting back to their monster state, so it could be something that was peaceful for some time and something cracks between that peace that finally does get a Winchester's attention.

Comment

Some of those character details state that some of the characters are reverting back to their monster state, so it could be something that was peaceful for some time and something cracks between that peace that finally does get a Winchester's attention.
                    Ah, that would make more sense then. Like Lenore staying off the radar because she and her 'tribe' didn't feed on humans so the Hunters weren't really aware of them. Well, until....

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                      Ah, that would make more sense then. Like Lenore staying off the radar because she and her 'tribe' didn't feed on humans so the Hunters weren't really aware of them. Well, until....
                      DAVID HAYDEN | A shape-shifter from one of Chicago’s ruling monster families. He’s been living as a human for some time, but a tragedy propels him back into the life. David is in his early 20s.

MARGO HAYDEN | David’s “professional, strong-willed, determined, ambitious” shape-shifter sister. She’s an “ex-punk rocker gone corporate” who sets out to be the new head of the family in the wake of a tragedy. Margo is in her early 20s.
                      I definitely think something happens that makes these families go back to their monster identities when something bad happens, which will happen in SPN's 20th episode this season and that will get Sam and Dean's attention. Would be interesting if they keep tabs on this and they could always show back up in Tribes' first season to check up on the new hunter and how he's handling everything.

Plus, you bringing up Lenore….would be pretty cool if she was with the vampire "family" before Eve called her up, and while the other "families" resumed to their more human side, certain villains ended up dying during that time, such as Lenore when Cas killed her.

Comment

I definitely think something happens that makes these families go back to their monster identities when something bad happens, which will happen in SPN's 20th episode this season and that will get Sam and Dean's attention.
                        I hadn't read the casting calls that closely. Yeah, that does seem to indicate that these characters were living off the radar and are pulled back in. Something that attracts the attention of hunters.

Plus, you bringing up Lenore….would be pretty cool if she was with the vampire "family" before Eve called her up, and while the other "families" resumed to their more human side, certain villains ended up dying during that time, such as Lenore when Cas killed her.
                        I loved Lenore and really wish Cas hadn't killed her because she would have been a great spin off character or an addition to this cast. Course this being SPN...maybe they could find a way to bring her back? LOL

Comment

They casted the role of two characters.

Nathaniel Buzolic (The Vampire Diaries) will play the part of David Hayden, one of the shapeshifters. Lucien Laviscount (Episodes) will play the part of Ennis Roth.

Aussie Nathaniel Buzolic and Brit Lucien Laviscount have landed the leads in Supernatural: Tribes, the planted Supernatural spinoff, which will air as an episode of the veteran sci-fi series on April 29. The choices blend the CW‘s strategies of casting standout players from its existing series as pilot leads, which is the case with Buzolic, a […]

Comment

This is very important I think:

Written by Andrew Dabb and directed by Robert Singer, Supernatural: Tribes is described as a sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly [let] humans “run” the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who’s trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.
                            Pretty much what I figured with there being mob-like families, but it's pretty interesting that they're using the humans as a front in running Chicago's gangs and what not when they are really running the show. Adds on to my belief that Tribes could be a crime thriller-eseque but with monsters. Sounds awesome!

Comment

Sean Faris has been cast.

One of Rosewood’s finest is joining Supernatural: Tribes. Sean Faris, currently recurring as Officer Gabriel Holbrook on Pretty Little Liars, has been tapped to play a werewolf on The CW‘s planted spin-off, TVLine has learned. RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them Tribes is being […]

Sean Faris, currently recurring as Officer Gabriel Holbrook on Pretty Little Liars, has been tapped to play a werewolf on The CW’s planted spin-off, TVLine has learned.

Faris will star as Julian Durant, the son of a wealthy family of lycanthropes who has no love for the shapeshifting Hayden clan.
                              We also have an airdate, April 29.

Comment

Ok. I don't remember the dude even though I watch TVD. But I didn't hear bad things about his acting.

He's 31 and Buzolic's 30. Not that young. Lucien is 21 though.

I hope we have some news about the leading ladies soon.

Faris will star as Julian Durant, the son of a wealthy family of lycanthropes who has no love for the shapeshifting Hayden clan.
                                So Julian is not only an enemy of Ennis he's also an enemy of Hayden. I hope there's an alliance between Ennis and Hayden. I'm tired of the old black and white way of seeing things the hunters have, I don't want more hunters like Gordon.
                                Last edited by luisl; 02-26-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎