No announcement yet.

Captain Marvel (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Marvel (2018)

Another new character joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe: "Captain Marvel," set for July 6, 2018. "I want to make it very clear that this Captain Marvel's name is Carol Danvers," Feige said. This film has been in development alomst as long as "Guardians of the Galaxy," according to Feige, who said the character straddles two worlds -- Earth-bound origins and outer space adventures.

Carol!!! Finally Marvel is moving forward with a female centered movie!!

Comment

Marvel steps up. Good for them.

Comment

Considering that they're introducing T'Challa in Cap 3, I am half-expecting them to do similar with Carol and have her appear in a few other films first.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          Considering that they're introducing T'Challa in Cap 3, I am half-expecting them to do similar with Carol and have her appear in a few other films first.
          How do you "half-expect" something?

"No, it's just a turn of phrase."

How do you "turn a phrase"?

--

But on topic... She's rumored to be in AoU.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            How do you "half-expect" something?

"No, it's just a turn of phrase."

How do you "turn a phrase"?

--

But on topic... She's rumored to be in AoU.
            The problem with that the rumored actresses people connecting to Carol is playing a marine in Age of Ultron. Carol is a colonel in the air force. It would be cool if she is in Age of Ultron though. She better be in the air force though.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
              The problem with that the rumored actresses people connecting to Carol is playing a marine in Age of Ultron. Carol is a colonel in the air force. It would be cool if she is in Age of Ultron though. She better be in the air force though.
              The actor who played Thanos in Avengers was credited only as "Man #1". Fake credits can keep secrets. It's also possible that Carol's apperance would just be a cameo, where we don't even see her face. She just shows up with a few other fighter pilots, in an Air Force strike against Ultron. Her face is obscured by her flight helmet (which has the call sign "Warbird" written on it) and we briefly catch a glimpse of the text on the side of the plane (identifying the pilot): "Capt. Carol Danvers" (they'll probably have her be a captain, rather than a colonel).

Comment

So who's the actress?

A sexy blonde no doubt.

Abbie Cornish?

Here's a picture of her from (I think) Limitless:

An awful movie, but she looked magnificent in it.

She's a decent actress imo.
                Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-21-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

If were talking about actresses who could play Carol then how about Charlize Theron?

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                    If were talking about actresses who could play Carol then how about Charlize Theron?
                    Maybe 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Maybe 15 years ago.
                      Theron's younger than Downey Jr. and Paltrow though. She looks the part, she sounds the part and would be fairly believable as a captain/colonel of the airforce or whatever her military background will be in the movie.

Comment

From CBR:

With Black Panther and Doctor Strange cast, Captain Marvel remains the most high profile and still uncast Marvel Studios role. While talking with Collider, Emily Blunt revealed that she's been on the receiving end of a number of queries about the role -- which is a development that surprises her.

“It’s funny ‘cause I’m hearing this Captain Marvel thing from a lot of people,” said Blunt. “I have no official offer, whatsoever. No one’s called. I don’t know where the hell it’s come from, in all honesty. For me, I just think that the part has gotta be awesome. I just want to play great parts, and it’s sometimes hard to find within those big superhero movies. The female parts are not usually great, but recently, they’ve been better. I don’t know. It has to be the right thing.”

Comment

From CBR:

The February issue of OK! Magazine has a report that Angelina Jolie is being sought for the director’s chair on Captain Marvel. Strictly a rumor, the magazine’s source told them that Marvel and Disney were very impressed with Jolie’s work on Unbroken, and that the studios are offering her $20 million to direct their first female-led superhero film.

“Having a female director is a priority for them,” says the source. The source adds that Jolie feels extremely complimented by the offer considering the negative way she was discussed in emails released following the Sony hack. “She never thought she’d be in such huge demand as a director, and the be courted by Marvel after the Sony fiasco is a huge pat on the back.”

Recently, Avengers director Joss Whedon mentioned he wouldn’t “rule out” directing the Captain Marvel film himself, though there was no talk about him being in discussions for the job. Whoever sits behind the lens, Captain Marvel is set to bring the story of Carol Danvers to the big screen on July 6th, 2018.

Comment

New release date: Nov. 2, 2018

Comment

From CBR:

Latino Review's Umberto Gonzalez continues his string of Instagram reveals today with news regarding Marvel Studios' "Captain Marvel." The rumor posits that Marvel has already found an actress to play Carol Danvers and also includes a bit of spoilery information.

While Marvel has yet to officially announce an actress for the part, it would make sense for them to at least already have someone in mind; their other new solo heroes, Black Panther and Doctor Strange, already have actors attached to them (Chadwick Boseman and Benedict Cumberbatch, respectively). CBR has reached out to Marvel for a statement.

The rumor also includes tidbits regarding the film's script, noting that "Captain Marvel" writer Kelly Sue DeConnick apparently wanted to "take a crack" at writing the screenplay. Additionally, Marvel Cosmic legend Jim Starlin -- who created Thanos, Drax and Gamora among others -- has possibly been brought on board as a consultant.

"Captain Marvel" was originally scheduled for release on July 6, 2018 and was bumped back to November 2 of that same year following the Sony/Marvel deal to share Spider-Man.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎