Lois vs. Chloe, wut would u do Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He have stop brainiac contol chloe.

Comment

I'd say Lois doesn't much care what happens to her, she's always putting herself in danger, knowingly so. Not to mention back in "Lucy" she offered herself up to be kidnapped so they'd let her little sister go, because she told the kidnapper that Lucy was the important one 'she's the one with the destiny'

A lot of what people who hate Lois say about her I find inaccurate and not supported by the show, just as I find what people who hate Chloe say about her is also inaccurate and not supported by the show.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I find most of the complaints, on either side, have little merit. Some of them do, but most of them are caused by vitriol brought on by fighting between shippers. From what 'I've' seen at least.

Not all of it, so before someone gets incensed and throws a 'how dare you' at me, I will say some complaints DO have merit. But sadly a lot of that gets lost when people feel like they have to condescend (Clark turned Chloe down again LOL) to others and character bash (Lois slept her way into her job) to get their point across. And I've seen BOTH Chlarkers and Cloisers be that way, so no one should be acting high and mighty about their shipper group.

Ah well, enough of that. This is a board about SMALLVILLE, not its fan groups.

I'd probably have to lean more towards Lois if I HAD to choose. Kinda hoping I don't and they end the show without Clark in a solid romance. Flirting, some feelings, I'm okay with that. I have however learned to be brave enough to change the things I can, at least TRY and accept the things I cannot change (Chloomy this means you) and maintain the wisdom to know the difference.

I think that at the end of the road that I'd like there to be Clois. but I don't necessarily have to see it. I won't gripe too awfully if it happens, I won't lie, but I'm not 'ra ra go team' over it either. Simply because I just don't feel like they are just yet the people they are in the future and don't yet have all the maturity necessary for a serious relationship like that. I do feel like they are getting closer though, and so far, I'm loving both Lois and Clark this season. It is lovely to be able to love Clark.

Now if they decide to explore romantic Chlark, I'll deal with that too. 'I' think the time for that is gone. Certainly I understand that a lot of Chlarkers feel like they've been waiting for some kind of payoff for quite awhile. But there was something between them in 'Plastique' I don't deny what is on the screen, but I think SOME Chlark fans want it to be more than what it was, and I think SOME non-Chlark fans want it to be less than what it was. Me? I don't really know what it was, the show left it ambiguous. So I'm just going to do the only thing I can do. Watch the show. Especially when my hearing-impaired subtitles added in the line 'we're family' to Clark's 'we're more than friends'

Could have been a fluke I suppose. But it does make me think. With things coming up later in the season it certainly makes me want them to do something about the skeletons in the closet. It just feels like, even if all they will ever be is friends, that there is always going to be a 'what if' there and I want that settled.

I'm also curious to see how Chlark may have turned out in a romance. The last time was WAY back when they were Freshman. Lots of things have changed. It'd be interesting, but being that this is Smallville, I'd doubt it'd last and then their close friendship probably wouldn't be as close.
      Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 09-27-2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Oh my GOD you people. I can't even believe you're posting this poll. Clark chooses Lois and that's all there is to it. Get over it. Stop holding your breath waiting for "Chlark" to happen because it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by mistaguitarmasta
          Oh my GOD you people. I can't even believe you're posting this poll. Clark chooses Lois and that's all there is to it. Get over it. Stop holding your breath waiting for "Chlark" to happen because it won't.

This is sort of what I mean.

We shouldn't be telling people to get over a ship, that for a lot of them, they've been waiting awhile to get any payoff for.

The end of Smallville isn't here yet, so they could always have some Chlark. It's not impossible. I'd say it is unlikely, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

In the end I'd hazard a guess that Clark ends up with Lois, just call me a wild card, but that doesn't mean he can't have love interests before then.

Comment

no option for both? darn! i mean cmon who would say no to a threesome with AM and ED!?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeague
              no option for both? darn! i mean cmon who would say no to a threesome with AM and ED!?
              Erica Durance haters?

I wouldn't. Bad girl, good girl. It is a nice little mix there.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                Erica Durance haters?

I wouldn't. Bad girl, good girl. It is a nice little mix there.
                Yeah, but which one which

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
                  Yeah, but which one which
                  You mean which one first? Lois of course, she's a bad girl at heart, I know it. Chloe. . . I don't think it would be that hard to talk her into it either, she gets pretty frisky with Jimmy sometimes. His whip-cream enhanced pervi-ness rubbed of on her, no pun intended. :P But it might take a little longer to talk her into it.

Comment

You mean which one first? Lois of course. Chloe'd be harder to talk into it.
                    *snort*

I meant which one is which..meaning bad girl good girl...

I mean I would have assumed Lois was the bad girl...But after seeing that Chlavis light bulb changing IDK...Chloe looked about ready to pounce on Davis...
                    And she is partial to whipped cream...Or that could be Jimmy... :/

Comment

There was definitely some romantic Chlark chemistry in Plastique. Clark is upset and jealous that Chloe is getting married. He even said "We are more than just friends Chloe" LOVED the Chlark in this epi!!!!!

Comment

I don't think he's upset Chloe is getting married, or that she wants to get married. Personally? I think he was upset that she didn't tell him, wary of their friendship changing and not sure if Jimmy is the right one for her, which Lois wasn't too sure of either.

He wants her to be happy though and if he believes that Chloe believes marrying Jimmy will make her happy, I think he'll be all for it.

Could be some jealousy there, but I think that happens a lot in those type of friendships.

Comment

Clark did tell Chloe that they were more than just friends. Yeah, they are. They are best friends. There is a difference between "just a friend" and a "best friend". Best friends are like soulmates, kindred spirits. Chloe getting married will change the dynamics of their special friendship, that's a given. I really don't think Clark was jealous, evidenced by his reaction to the engagement with Lois. Clark will end up with Lois...because, um, destiny? But he'll always have a special place in his heart for Chloe...as a platonic soulmate.

Comment

People hurt my brain.

Just watch your show, and enjoy it.

I'm a Chlarker at heart, they could kill Chloe off, and I would still be in that camp, but that doesn't mean I hate Lois or sent Erica Durance death threats.

If it wasn't for Lois Lane's existence, Chlarkers wouldn't have as much fun waving their banners.

If it wasn't for Chloe Sullivan, Cloisers would get a remake of an early 1990s drama.

As long as we're on topic, can we at least agree that Clana hurts the brain? Talk about a dead horse...

PS: This is in no way meant as an insult or a shot against Cloisers....but wtf is a "platonic soulmate"? By definition, someone can only have ONE soulmate.

Comment

Someone else said it and I have to agree, Chloe doesn't have to end up with Clark, but Jimmy...oh, puleeze. We see Clark and Chloe and one of the reasons we like them together is the way they compliment each other. Now we're supposed to be happy with Jimmy and Chloe together, when we see how awkward it is. No way. Chloe may not get Clark, but please let her end up with a strong character or no one (at least we can pretend she ends up with a strong person in offscreensville), someone who is her equal when it comes to sleuthing, and risking herself for truth. Someone who can appreciate how she is and what she does. And someone who can handle her friendship with Clark without being threatened. That kind of a guy will make a lot of her fans happy including Chlarkers like myself.

The above paragraph is no slam to Lois, we know Clark ends up with her, no problem there, just don't try to give Jimmy to Chloe to appease us...not going to work.

JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn
                                He should choose Chloe. They obviously love each other. And there's this deep connection between them. Chloe wanted Clark to say something to stop her from marrying Jimmy, but he didn't say anything, although it was clear he wanted to.
                                Yes, Chloe and Clark are having a deep connection as you say....but "only" as best friends! And when something in the life of your best friends is going to change, then it is only a natural reaction that you're kind of worried as to how much this change will have an influence or an affect on your relationship with your best friend.
                                It doesn't really matter if your best friend is a girl or a boy. As a matter of fact, the relationship often changes when your best friend gets married, because he or she has to put his wife or husband before you, the best friend. And it always depends how the new partner of your best friend is going toreact to your best-friend-relationship.
                                Some take it easy, some don't.

I personally made such an unpleasant experience, when my best friend got married, so I know what I'm talking of.

So, long story short.......Clark loves Chloe, but he is not in love with her. He loves her "only" as his best friend.

Chloe loves Clark and I think, she's still also in love with him. But we know that for a long time now and we always doubted that she will get over her feelings for Clark.

For me, that scene was a proof that Chloe's love (as in: love for a boyfriend) for him is still there, but that Clark still doesn't have those kind of feelings for her.

He always loved Lana that way and is going to love Lois that way soon. The end of the story, as we all know

I don't think he's upset Chloe is getting married, or that she wants to get married. Personally? I think he was upset that she didn't tell him, wary of their friendship changing and not sure if Jimmy is the right one for her, which Lois wasn't too sure of either.

He wants her to be happy though and if he believes that Chloe believes marrying Jimmy will make her happy, I think he'll be all for it.

Could be some jealousy there, but I think that happens a lot in those type of friendships.
                                Yes, exactly what I said above.

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
                                Clark did tell Chloe that they were more than just friends. Yeah, they are. They are best friends. There is a difference between "just a friend" and a "best friend". Best friends are like soulmates, kindred spirits. Chloe getting married will change the dynamics of their special friendship, that's a given. I really don't think Clark was jealous, evidenced by his reaction to the engagement with Lois. Clark will end up with Lois...because, um, destiny? But he'll always have a special place in his heart for Chloe...as a platonic soulmate.
                                Yes, of course, that's absolutely true! There wasn't jealousy in Clark's heart only concern and hope that Jimmy is the right one for his best friend Chloe.
                                Chloe is his best friend, so he wants only the best for her. That's all.

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                                Someone else said it and I have to agree, Chloe doesn't have to end up with Clark, but Jimmy...oh, puleeze. We see Clark and Chloe and one of the reasons we like them together is the way they compliment each other. Now we're supposed to be happy with Jimmy and Chloe together, when we see how awkward it is. No way. Chloe may not get Clark, but please let her end up with a strong character or no one (at least we can pretend she ends up with a strong person in offscreensville), someone who is her equal when it comes to sleuthing, and risking herself for truth. Someone who can appreciate how she is and what she does. And someone who can handle her friendship with Clark without being threatened. That kind of a guy will make a lot of her fans happy including Chlarkers like myself........................
                                Yeah exactly. I personally don't think, that Chloe should end up with Jimmy either. He's just not the right one for her IMO.
                                As you said before, she needs somebody, who is "stronger" than Jimmy etc.
                                And when we talk about chemistry - well, I saw definetly more chemistry between Davis and Chloe than I ever saw between Chloe and Jimmy!
                                That doesn't mean that I want Chloe and Davis to be together, I'm just talking about an observation............

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎