Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2.7 "Pretty Much Dead Already" (Mid-Season Finale)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2.7 "Pretty Much Dead Already" (Mid-Season Finale)

Talk about the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead here! (If you want to Countdown/LIVE chat, feel free... not many people seem interested these days..)
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I am so sad that Sophia became the walking dead and they had to kill her. I had so hoped they would have found her. I got my hopes up because I went online and noticed she is still alive in the comics so I thought they would keep her alive here.

When there was a pause before the last walker came out, it was right then I knew it was her. When I saw her mom break down, I nearly lost it.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Dale knew if Shane had the guns he would kill all the walkers in the barn.
    Last edited by SteelyGal; 11-27-2011, 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

When I saw the walkers in the barn a few wks back, Sophia being one was my guess. After there was the breathing tonight, I knew what was coming. I still had tears in my eyes. What a sad ending and I was hoping that wasn't coming. I thought Rick's son was going to shoot Shane actually when Shane was beating on the lock. Then, the walkers would've shown up and backed the survivors into a corner and that would be the cliffhanger. Now I definitely cannot wait to see what happens next!

Comment

Beautifully scripted, acted, and produced. This episode started kinda slow, but ramped up quickly. I'm curious to know how long Sophia had been in that barn? One of the farmhands surely had to catch and stable her yeah? How does Herschel and/or his farmhands not mention this to the crew?

Anyway judging by next ep's teaser...it seems that the crew with cement the farm as their base and will probabaly ride that out all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
          Beautifully scripted, acted, and produced. This episode started kinda slow, but ramped up quickly. I'm curious to know how long Sophia had been in that barn? One of the farmhands surely had to catch and stable her yeah? How does Herschel and/or his farmhands not mention this to the crew?

Anyway judging by next ep's teaser...it seems that the crew with cement the farm as their base and will probabaly ride that out all season.
          They tried to keep everything hush hush about the barn untill the truth slipped out. No wonder why the Herschel wanted Rick's clan to move on. I thought there might have been some reaction knowing the wife and son were in the zombie herd being shot, but I knew that last zombie had to be Sophia. Rick had to step up and shoot the kid to remain in control.............or hand everbody over to Shane.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Febuary sound like years away right now!!
          Last edited by jpfort1957; 11-27-2011, 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It was amazing. From a director of Breaking Bad. Really great.

Originally posted by jpfort1957
            They tried to keep everything hush hush about the barn untill the truth slipped out. No wonder why the Herschel wanted Rick's clan to move on.
            He didn't knew about Sophia. Otis put her there.

Comment

Just sad and chilling, especially how she took her time getting over the bodies. For a second, I thought maybe she was going to recognize her mother and somehow be ok.

Comment

Such a sad episode. That was one of the most depressing scenes I've seen on TV in a long time when Sophia walked out of the barn as a walker. I wasn't expecting that ending at all. Then after all his big talk, Shane wasn't even the one that had to kill her. That was definitely Rick's lightswitch moment, I think anyway, where he stops being the man he was and becomes the man that will do anything to protect his family and friends to survive.

Madison Lintz, the little girl who played Sophia, did such an excellent job with that. It was so sad, especially when I watched the Talking Dead talk show at midnight. They were talking about her, and Norman Reedus (Daryl) was saying how Madison thought of him as her boyfriend. Then Greg Nicotero (the man who does the zombie make up) told a story about how she had told her mom that she loved the show so much and hoped that they didn't make her a zombie. How freaking sad is that?

Still, it was an immensely effective moment. I can't wait until the season resumes in February. How could Hershel or anyone that lived on that farm not have told them that there was a little girl recently put in the barn when they knew that Rick's group was out searching for a little girl in the woods? They said Otis was the one who originally caught the zombies, but that time line doesn't work. We are expected to believe Sophia got to all the places Daryl was tracking her to, got bit, wandered close to the farm and Otis captured her all before he even shot Carl at the end of the first episode? There isn't a chance that happened. Someone still on that farm is the one who found and put Sophia in there.

Comment

This is why the show is great and sad at the same time. U read the comics and think u know what is going to happen. Then, u watch the show and they pull a swerve on u.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkiller
                    Still, it was an immensely effective moment. I can't wait until the season resumes in February. How could Hershel or anyone that lived on that farm not have told them that there was a little girl recently put in the barn when they knew that Rick's group was out searching for a little girl in the woods? They said Otis was the one who originally caught the zombies, but that time line doesn't work. We are expected to believe Sophia got to all the places Daryl was tracking her to, got bit, wandered close to the farm and Otis captured her all before he even shot Carl at the end of the first episode? There isn't a chance that happened. Someone still on that farm is the one who found and put Sophia in there.
                    I believe it was Jimmy who caught Sophie. Maybe it didn't occur to him when he caught her that she was the little girl Rick's group was after. Or maybe Hershel never told Jimmy what Rick's group was doing. In the ep, Jimmy told Hershel "we caught another one". I believe Sophia got stuck in that same stream as those other two zombies. Maybe it all happened in the same day and that is why Hershel wanted Rick to put the tow zombies in the barn. So he could then show him that Sophie is also there and that is why they shouldn't kill them.

Comment

Wouldn't it have been more effective (I understand as a television show they wanted the shock of seeing her there in the barn last) for Hershel just to say outright "We have a little girl in the barn. It might be the one you are looking for." Especially after the secret of the walkers in the barn was blown open? That would have just made his case even stronger that he wanted to keep them in there in hopes of a cure. It would hit a lot closer to home for everyone in the camp (sans Shane) to know that Sophia was in there along with all the other walkers.

Either way, yeah this is another massive difference from the comics. I'm really liking all the differences. I would be really disappointed if I was watching the exact same thing I'd already read. Sophia is still alive in the comics, which are on around issue 90 I believe. I'm really going to miss all of the naive conversations between Sophia and Carl from the comics, but I guess since both of them are about double the age in the tv series as in the comics it wouldn't have really worked anyway.

Comment

Yeah I started to see a major difference when Shane's fate on the show differed from his one in the comics. Its not a bad difference but definitely different in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                          I believe it was Jimmy who caught Sophie. Maybe it didn't occur to him when he caught her that she was the little girl Rick's group was after. Or maybe Hershel never told Jimmy what Rick's group was doing.
                          Nope...It was Otis. On the talking dead they mentioned there was some backstory that wasn't shot that had otis finding Sophia. Kirkman also said that it was Otis. He even went on and said that if Shane hadn't killed Otis we would have learned Sophia's fate much earlier. So blame Shane for causing us to suffer threw a bunch of slow episodes looking for a little girl that Otis had already captured.

Comment

Originally posted by luisl

He didn't knew about Sophia. Otis put her there.
                            I'd say that he had to know..........adding a new walker to the barn collection would take more than one guy.

----- Added 43 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Starkiller
                            Such a sad episode. That was one of the most depressing scenes I've seen on TV in a long time when Sophia walked out of the barn as a walker. I wasn't expecting that ending at all. Then after all his big talk, Shane wasn't even the one that had to kill her. That was definitely Rick's lightswitch moment, I think anyway, where he stops being the man he was and becomes the man that will do anything to protect his family and friends to survive.
                            Hopefully it was a big lightswich moment for all the living. Shane gets it, he plugged one zombie full of holes to show everybody that the zombies are not living............not family.........and not friends. Pass out the guns.......and stop wasting the chickens. Speaking of chickens, Herschel's daughter had to have seen Sophia while she was doing her feeding duties.......and I doubt she could go without mentioning the little girl in the barn to dad.
                            Last edited by jpfort1957; 11-29-2011, 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
                              Nope...It was Otis. On the talking dead they mentioned there was some backstory that wasn't shot that had otis finding Sophia. Kirkman also said that it was Otis. He even went on and said that if Shane hadn't killed Otis we would have learned Sophia's fate much earlier. So blame Shane for causing us to suffer threw a bunch of slow episodes looking for a little girl that Otis had already captured.
                              Thanks for the information. I don't stay up to watch the discussion of the Walking Dead eps. So maybe Herschel didn't know Otis caught the little girl?

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                              I'd say that he had to know..........adding a new walker to the barn collection would take more than one guy.

----- Added 43 Minutes later -----

Hopefully it was a big lightswich moment for all the living. Shane gets it, he plugged one zombie full of holes to show everybody that the zombies are not living............not family.........and not friends. Pass out the guns.......and stop wasting the chickens. Speaking of chickens, Herschel's daughter had to have seen Sophia while she was doing her feeding duties.......and I doubt she could go without mentioning the little girl in the barn to dad.
                              Being a little girl, maybe Otis was able to handle it all by himself. I am hoping that Herschel and Maggie didn't purposely let Rick's group suffer. I like to think that Otis caught the girl and didn't think to say anything because he was so torn up about shooting Carl and wanting to save him. If he had made it back alive, I believe he would have told the group. He seemed like an honest guy.

In regards to feeding the Walkers chicken, I think they don't take the time to watch who is in the barn. They probably just throw the chicken and get out ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if the others never noticed the girl in the barn. For me, it would be like someone telling me to feed chickens to a bunch of crocodiles. I would throw the thing and dart and not stay to watch the feeding frenzy. So I wouldn't notice the different sizes or how many crocs were there.

But if Herschel did know and didn't tell Rick's group, that is inexcusable to me.
                              Last edited by SteelyGal; 11-29-2011, 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎