Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverdale "Chapter One: The River's Edge"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it a 5, mainly because I didn't think it was great, but also because it was necessarily bad.

Like others, I'm not really familiar with the comic books other than what the general idea of it is supposed to be.

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    I really did not care for the whole Archie/Miss Grundy thing though.
    This was my biggest gripe. The moment it was established that they had a fling that summer, I just rolled my eyes. The issue I have with it is that there are actual teachers, both male and female, that make the news for having inappropriate relationships with students. I cringe every time I hear it on the news, so I don't really want to see it in prime time.

And not nearly enough Jughead. He's my second favorite Archie character (first being Sabrina) so I was hoping for more. Cole did a good job in the scenes we did see, but yeah, was hoping for more. Next week?

I'm interested enough to give it another try. But I hope it does get better.

Oh, and Kevin Keller--first, why is he not blonde (or Moose, for that matter)? Second, why did he seem so stereotypically gay? He's not that way in the comics (new or old).
    I had the same question (about his hair color) right after he popped on screen for the first time. I only know about the character because I read an in-depth article from The Advocate when the character actually came out. How old is he supposed to be in the comics? It could just be that he's younger, more care-free, but: To say that he isn't a stereotype wouldn't be true either. I hope there's more to him than that.

As for supernatural elements, Sabrina has not been ruled out as making an appearance (as far as I know?). She did guest star in the Jughead comics, I believe, that they are basing the series on (the Waid run), so we could still get a taste of the supernatural here.

Guess we'll have to wait and see?
    Yeah, I stumbled onto an article about this. I'd LOVE to see her in the show. I'd watch Sabrina, The Teenage Witch every Friday night. It really was a guilty pleasure.

I'd really get a kick out of seeing her, especially if—for some CRAZY reason—Melissa Joan Hart reprised her role...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
      The issue I have with it is that there are actual teachers, both male and female, that make the news for having inappropriate relationships with students.
      Right before the premiere there was another story in the media about a female teacher having an affair with her (young) male student. When I saw this storyline playing out I cringed too.

How old is he supposed to be in the comics?
      Actually ages are never given in Archie comics but the gang is around 16 years old (most of them can drive) or possibly 17. But Kevin, since he first appeared in Riverdale (the town, in the comics) has always been blonde. That's why I was surprised he wasn't on the show.

I'd LOVE to see her in the show.
      A lot of fans seem to agree, including myself.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎