No announcement yet.

Best Second Episode (so far)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Second Episode (so far)

So far, which has been the best second episode of the series?

Season 1: Honor Thy Father

Laurel tries to prosecute Marin Sommers for having ties to the Chinese Triad. Martin hires the Triad to eliminate Laurel and they China White to carry out the task! Oliver is asked to take over the family company.

Season 2: Identity

China White and Bronze Tiger have been hijacking shipments of medicine being sent to Glades Memorial. Laurel plans to capture the Arrow and sets a trap for him. Thea gives Roy an ultimatum.

Season 3: Sara

Komodo, a new archer, comes to town and starts skewering businessmen. Team Arrow pursues him convinced he was the one who killed Sara. In Hong Kong, Maseo tells Olliver that Waller has ordered him kill his best friend Tommy, who has come to Hong Kong looking for him. In Corto Maltese, Malcolm has Thea learning to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

After I looked at this list, I see a trend that second episodes aren't usually that strong. There does however appear to be a trend to introduced recurring villains (hoping that this isn't the last we've seen of Komodo): Season 1 introduced China White, season 2 introduced Bronze Tiger and now season 3 we got Komodo.

All these episodes have been pretty good. Honor Thy Father was a good follow up to the pilot. Identity was good but suffered from the poor Laurel arc in the episode. As for my favorite of the three, despite it's imperfections I have to go with Sara, because of the emotional impact Sara's death had on all the characters.

What do y'all think?
    Honor Thy Father
    0%
    Identity
    0%
    Sara
    0%

Once again I'll go with the Season 1 episode. On this occasion, I'd say "Honor Thy Father" was the least bad.

Comment

I'm going to go with Identity.

Comment

Sara was probably my favourite of the three but are we going to have a thread on this sort of subject every week as a new season three episode comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
          Sara was probably my favourite of the three but are we going to have a thread on this sort of subject every week as a new season three episode comes out?
          Why not?

We used to do this in the Smallville episode threads (granted we had 10 seasons of episodes) and I just thought it would be interesting to compare season to season how the episodes rate.

Comment

Sara by far, it had a lot more depth to it then any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
              Why not?

We used to do this in the Smallville episode threads (granted we had 10 seasons of episodes) and I just thought it would be interesting to compare season to season how the episodes rate.
              Fair enough, I was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                Why not?

For future reference, maybe adding/implying people to explain why they thought it was the best episode so far would be better. It would generate more discussion that way and let us all see different views on episode's we had been unaware of.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎