No announcement yet.

Who is your favourite Arrow character?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buziel0809
    For some reason, I don't like the main characters as much as the secondary ones. Malcolm, Moira (RIP ), Thea, Slade, Sebastian Blood (), and now Palmer are ones that I enjoyed watching.
    I couldn't agree more. They got rid of way too many great characters (and actors) in the first two seasons, and they haven't given the ones left enough airtime. I mean really, how can you cast John Barrowman and not use him in every other scene? Sad, but it seems like the show's taken a left turn into CW Schmaltz-ville. I'm shifting my hope to Susanna Thompson showing up as a mob-wife in Gotham. I'd love to see her going head to head with Fish Mooney.

Comment

Dinah Laurel Lance. When this show was announced and saw the Nolan-ish feeling about it I was very VERY reluctant, two of my conditions were that Katie's character has to be the BC that I know and the second the existence of superpowers. With The Flash addition and Laurel's journey starting now I can not be more happy. GO DINAH

Comment

1. Oliver
        2. Diggle
        3. S1 Felicity
        4. Slade (pre-Mirakuru)
        5. Deadshot

I've been surprised (pleasantly) to find that as the series progresses I like most of the characters and those that I don't like -- well, I'm still very interested in seeing what they are going to do (for instance, I don't like Malcolm or Amanda Waller, but I'm always interested in and enjoy watching their scenes).

Only character I have consistently not liked and have not enjoyed watching her scenes is: Laurel. Generally, I've often found her to be someone who feels sorry for herself or is busy blaming everyone else for things or she's just been downright boring etc. But I feel like her character is starting to change so I anticipate that I will hopefully start liking her or, at the very least, begin finding her scenes more interesting. For instance, though I know there has been discussion about the moral implications of her behavior with the hospital-bed bound witness, I did find the scene interesting.

Finally, I'm sad that I could only put S1 Felicity on my favorites list. Really didn't like what they did with her most of S2. I think, in making her a "fangirl" of Oliver (too much so) they made her too vulnerable, at times looking silly (as opposed to quirky which is fine with me). I don't want to see a pathetic or silly Felicity. In S1 I liked that here was this handsome billionaire asking for help and giving her the most ridiculous excuses and she would carry out the task, all the while letting him know that she didn't buy his excuses one bit and also, when she was asked to join team Arrow, she stipulated that she would do so only in order to find Walter. I think Oliver's character can be overpowering, but in S1 she was able to hold her own during their interactions. But with S2, I feel there is too much of a power imbalance (most of the time) between the 2 characters. But I'm hopeful they will be able to fix this in S3.

Finally, don't know if I like Ray but I've totally enjoyed all his scenes. His character's fun to watch and I'm very curious to find out what he is up to. Also like the dynamic he has with Felicity. Reminds me a little more of S1 Felicity.

Comment

The writers killed off all of my favorite characters, all I have left is a character I refuse to watch. When ever laurel comes on the screen I either change the channel or head to the kitchen for a sandwich. At the end of season one they killed Tommy to give laurel a story arc in season two. They killed the D.A. so laurel could have her job, now they've killed Sara so laurel can be the black canary. Attention writers you keep killing the wrong character.

Comment

I like Diggle (although it seems like everyone calls him John now), Amanda and Lyla. I used to like Felicity in Season one but now I have really gone off her. Hated Thea in Season one but really enjoyed her in this weeks episode.

Comment

1. Slade
              2. Oliver
              3. Sara

Comment

Originally posted by Stardelphia
                I couldn't agree more. They got rid of way too many great characters (and actors) in the first two seasons, and they haven't given the ones left enough airtime. I mean really, how can you cast John Barrowman and not use him in every other scene? Sad, but it seems like the show's taken a left turn into CW Schmaltz-ville. I'm shifting my hope to Susanna Thompson showing up as a mob-wife in Gotham. I'd love to see her going head to head with Fish Mooney.
                Susanna Thompson on Gotham, I could go with that. I was hoping she would actually show up in some of the flashbacks like Tommy did, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                  The writers killed off all of my favorite characters, all I have left is a character I refuse to watch. When ever laurel comes on the screen I either change the channel or head to the kitchen for a sandwich. At the end of season one they killed Tommy to give laurel a story arc in season two. They killed the D.A. so laurel could have her job, now they've killed Sara so laurel can be the black canary. Attention writers you keep killing the wrong character.
                  Amen! I mean I was never a fan of Sara but I wasn't ready to see her killed off.

Tommy was one of the few characters that balanced Oliver's personality. Moira was just amazing and I keep thinking Susanna Thompson saw the script for Season 3 and was like, "I'm too good for this ****." It's like they couldn't wait to get rid of the mansion, Oliver's family, and any semblance of plausibility. The writers rushed to turn it into Smallville: The College Years. I keep holding out that it's gonna get back to the great show it was in Season 1 but it's turning more and more into the typical CW nonsense: hot actors and great music. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Buziel0809
                    Susanna Thompson on Gotham, I could go with that. I was hoping she would actually show up in some of the flashbacks like Tommy did, but I won't keep my hopes up.
                    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Thompson just wanted to rid herself of the show. She's just such an amazing actress. I think she's more likely to show up in an Emmy Award nominated role than back on the CW. Sadly. Because she was just so great as Moira. I still get chills over the scene where she runs into Ollie's bedroom when he's got the windows open and sleeping in the rain. The CW had no idea what a great show it had. Freaking amazing.

Comment

Raisa

Comment

Oliver and Malcolm!!!! I have a THING with archers. Thus my roleplaying character is an elf with a longbow!!!!

Comment

1. Diggle.
                          2. Slade
                          3. Felicity
                          4. Oliver
                          5. Merlyn

Honourable mention:
                          Roy

Comment

1. Felicity
                            2. Oliver
                            3. Diggle

Worst
                            1. Laurel
                            2. Nyssa al Ghul
                            3. Roy

Comment

i voted slade due to his overall badassery but i have oliver as a close second what put him 2nd is his more human side (him starting to be more worried about being oliver and less arrow)
                              i have diggle as third because though he seems underated as a fighter i feel he far more on par with arrow than roy is and is just a fun addition to the team.
                              of course i have to mention nyssa cuz shes ridiculously hot (most of the time)

Comment

btw my least favorite of all time is ray palmer

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎