Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter and why he has no reason to kill.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter and why he has no reason to kill.

Ok, loop hole, major flaw.

Ok, So peter has a hunger to learn how things work and he has an ability to just know how they work. He shouldn't become a killer just because of it. He gets abilities just by walking by someone, he doesnt need to rip their head open to take them.

He should be a God now, this hunger should get quenched every time he walks by someone with a new ability.

Unless they come to explain this alot better, I am disapointed with this plot.

He craves how people think. He already had Nathan's ability, he just had to find out why Nathan believed in what he did. In order to do that, he had to look deep within the brain.

Comment

no I dont think its that Simple.. like Sylar said.. its not just hey.. that power is cool I want it. Its a hunger.. and its not neccisarily for power.. its to see ow things work.. its for knowledge.

Comment

Sylar warned Peter that his power was an unstoppable craving that ruled his life until he had a son who helps him to control himself.So,Peter will have to find someone who will help him to have self control over his new power.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
          Ok, loop hole, major flaw.

Ok, So peter has a hunger to learn how things work and he has an ability to just know how they work. He shouldn't become a killer just because of it. He gets abilities just by walking by someone, he doesnt need to rip their head open to take them.

He should be a God now, this hunger should get quenched every time he walks by someone with a new ability.

Unless they come to explain this alot better, I am disapointed with this plot.
          It's not really a plot hole. It's just a side-effect or consequence of Sylar's ability. Side-effects are seemingly random and don't have to explain they just arise with a problem. Also maybe environment, other variables, his genetic code of that mutation/ability carries the same sequence that codes for the predisposition for the tenacity for knowledge. Kind of the idea that your genetics and environment can give rise to your personality.

Comment

Well I don't see the problem with this plot. I mean they already showed Sylar was able to control his ability in the future. And Pete being the idealist he is, should be able to control it much easier.

Comment

I said the same thing. Even if the hunger was for knowledge or whatever, that should be easily obtained WITHOUT slicing open big brother's head. Come on, he's family.

Comment

here comes my point about this plot.

first, peter has got nathan's ability, flying. so he doesn't have to rip nathan's head.

remember? peter walked closer to nathan, and said, "i need to understand."

so i guess what peter has done just wanted to dig deeper in his brother's mind, to figure it out what happened in these four years.

and maybe he wanted to stop nathan's further action about an army of abilities. so he had to kill nathon.

that is it.

Comment

wwait i didnt understand why the hell he needed that power in the first place and i dont like what peter is becoming he went from being my favorite character to being my least favorite

Comment

Maybe peter has to overwhelm his head with emotions to call on his powers. Maybe this way he can have them inherently.

I still go with the above of NEED TO UNDERSTAND. We will see

Comment

It felt off to me too. With Sylar the "hunger" seemed to be connected not only to gaining knowledge of how a power works, but to gaining that power in the process. What they're doing with Peter now though is in a way implying that all this time, Sylar's hunger/drive to cut people's heads open was only connected to a desire for knowledge of how powers work and that alone, and not to gaining said powers as well--which I find silly. As the two are clearly connected--innate/deep (superhuman) knowledge/understanding of a power's basis = acquiring or being able to wield that power, as Sylar has demonstrated. One goes with the other. So if one already as the power, the "knowledge" hunger should be much less strong/intense, in an automatic or "natural" sort of way.
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I always wondered if Sylar would still dig into people brains if he had Peter power. Would he be like man all i have to do is walk by people now i don't have to kill them no more or would he still cut thier head open. The reverse happend though. I don't think Peter going to be like Sylar he's not a killer. Pete's a good guy. He's a hero.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎