Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Sylar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I want to know is how Sylar got control of the Bennet house including Mr. Muggles. I wonder if they will touch on that at all or if it is something that we'll never know because they change the future again.

Comment

Originally posted by FLyxNERD
      it was cool to see sylar good...then when his son died..i was like "uh oh bad sylar is coming out"
      Ya.. I think because of the death of his son.. the future Sylar is going to be alot different now. Sylar is probably going to turn dark again because of it. Cause I think his son was his life and was what kept him grounded and now with the loss of his son, he is probably going to be causing mad damage.. at least to the ones who killed Noah.

Comment

Peter can choose wether or not to use sylars ability

He does not have to use it all the time, right? Peter can simply ignore it or use it when he needs to and hopefully restrain himself from cutting some poor persons head open.
        He doesn't have to feel that hunger that Sylars talking about.

For example Peter can choose to be invisible or not .

Just a thought.

Comment

Sylar's power is confusing. it seems like the "hunger" is a side effect of his original power - therefore the "hunger" will always be present. I'm hoping as the season progresses we get more insight into Sylar's and Peter's power. They are the two most intriguing and yet confusing characters.

Comment

I still don't understand why Sylar's ability requires Peter to slice heads open. Someone on another thread mentioned that Sylar's hunger was for knowledge and understanding rather than power, but again, Peter doesn't need to cut the person's head open in order to gain that knowledge. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by faz
              I still don't understand why Sylar's ability requires Peter to slice heads open. Someone on another thread mentioned that Sylar's hunger was for knowledge and understanding rather than power, but again, Peter doesn't need to cut the person's head open in order to gain that knowledge. It still doesn't make sense to me.
              I think Sylar's ability includes massive curiosity on how things work. And Peter can't SEE into the person's head to see how it's working so he'd still have to cut it open to look at it - regardless if he can absorb the abilities or not - I think that the hunger to see how it works overpowers some of his other abilities.

I think that he will need to learn to control it and push it back because he doesn't really need Sylar's ability unless it's way more than just seeing how things work. I hope they further explain why Sylar's ability is what Peter needed to assist in saving the world this time. Unless it has to do with understanding how the formula works etc.

Comment

yeah as syler calls it a 'hunger' because he NEEDS it, he has to see how things work and it gives him more knowledge, he thrives on it . That is why he killed nathan, even though he has his powers he just had to see how his powers 'worked' and find out why nathan would think like that, or something lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kal el of krypton
                  yeah as syler calls it a 'hunger' because he NEEDS it, he has to see how things work and it gives him more knowledge, he thrives on it . That is why he killed nathan, even though he has his powers he just had to see how his powers 'worked' and find out why nathan would think like that, or something lol
                  Agreed.

Comment

I thought Sylar lost all his old abilities except TK? ^^ So that's why he had to start his 'list' again to build up his abilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                      I think Sylar's ability includes massive curiosity on how things work. And Peter can't SEE into the person's head to see how it's working so he'd still have to cut it open to look at it - regardless if he can absorb the abilities or not - I think that the hunger to see how it works overpowers some of his other abilities.

I think that he will need to learn to control it and push it back because he doesn't really need Sylar's ability unless it's way more than just seeing how things work. I hope they further explain why Sylar's ability is what Peter needed to assist in saving the world this time. Unless it has to do with understanding how the formula works etc.
                      Actually I understand why he needed the power - he needs to see how certain events in the past will influence the future (there was something mentioned in the episode about how variables fit together or something, I can't remember the exact line). But to see how the brain works, that shouldn't require him to cut open too many heads, should it? All he'd need to do is to force someone into a CAT scan, unless he's just really really impatient, and then I could see the Pez dispenser solution as being legit.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I thought Sylar lost all his old abilities except TK? ^^ So that's why he had to start his 'list' again to build up his abilities?
                      I think he lost most of them, although apparently his disappearing act (however he does it) is still working as well, since he did it to sneak up on Claire. But I have no idea how many of his powers he lost.
                      Last edited by faz; 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

He didn't lose any of his abilities, this is a misunderstanding. He has all of his former powers that he acquired from before the virus. They already shown his original ability (intuitive aptitude) and his telekinesis; plus his future self was shown painting the future and going nuclear.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎