Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hahaha! Smallville Ripped From A Website!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha! Smallville Ripped From A Website!!!

Last edited by thebog1; 02-04-2009, 03:39 PM.

Again, I fail to see the problem.

This shows that they actually care of what they use on the show instead of random crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
      Again, I fail to see the problem.

This shows that they actually care of what they use on the show instead of random crap.
      exactly.

Comment

Yeah I see no problem with it. It's good when they actually usually accurate information. Medical science and psychology as well tend to be distorted in television and film, so it's good when they strive to get it right.

Comment

Is there a smoking gun here? I fail to see the relevance. So they used a website, at least they were courteous enough to leave off the Saks 5th Ave shoe ad. It is not like the producers trolled the message forums and stole dialog and story arcs from the viewers. Although dude, I give kudos for your search efforts. It would not have even occurred to me to look and I am the lady that saw the volley ball that everyone else missed. Is the use of an existing web site a problem for you?

Wait a minute...they did say something the other night about purple k... Tom, Darren, Todd... are you guys listening in?

Comment

Originally posted by thebog1
            Check this out...

In ~Season 7, Episode 18 - Apocalypse~, we see the following image on the computer as Clark Kent is researching coma information:

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

However, after a very diligent search by myself, I've located the webpage they used - it is, in fact, genuine. Compare the two pages (as best as one can) and see for yourself:

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Now, I will admit they are not 100% identical. Smallville crew added the ultrasound/CATScan pictures of the brain seen on the right side of Clark's screen, as well as changed the background... but if you compare the text seen on both images and the side-bar, you'll notice they're exactly the same.

BTW: Posting in this episode's forum because I -believe- Smallville did it again in this episode but I'm still researching... As I said in other posts, I'm a stickler for details.

[Mod Edit]
            Last edited by Lexgirl33; 10-08-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Comment

Interesting... No where did I say anything about it being bad. In fact, all flamers must be suffering from selective reading syndrome. If you'll read the topic about Luthorcorp's Database being useless, you'll see I care just as much that it's relevant, useful information as well. Perhaps flamers should know just a little about the person they're flaming before they start a fire. It usually helps.

Ergo, all flamers thus far fail. I never said it was bad, never condemned them. I simply said they ripped it from a genuine website. It means they took it from from the website, used it from the website, etc. Try reading the entire post before jumping on a bandwagon.
                Sorry dude, did not mean to come off as a flamer. Just obviously not at all sure where you were going with your post. I have to say though, most of the responders interpreted your message the same way - that the web site thing was somehow a problem for you. You are right, your post does not actually state that you have a problem with it. It is a peculiar post to say the least. I read the entire post and still ended up on the "what is the problem" bandwagon. And I am even smarter than the average bear.... it is an internet message forum folks, no twisted panties required.

Since you are a stickler for details -- check out my post on S8 episodes and tell me if you caught the ball or if I am suffering from early dementia.

Comment

"Ripped" is another way of saying stole. This is why people took it as a bad thing.

The Smallville producers probably asked the webmasters, or let them know the site was going to be featured in the show.

Comment

Comment

Anyways, I love details. I've begun to go through each (and every) episode, starting from [Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot] and compiling trivia. Feel free to go visit my post on it in [Season 1]'s forum. Some might find it interesting, some might not. I'll be adding one, for the next episode, at least once every 2-3 days as I am meticulously viewing each one frame-by-frame and doing incredibly diligent research. Cheers to having extra time on my hands! ^_^
                      Well.. for the sake of details
                      I noticed that the Daily Planet headline (appearing on Lois's desktop in Plastique) is the same that appeared at the beginning of Noir. "City traffic may be increased..."

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎