Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think this season seems really promising?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the new direction
    im so excited
    cant wait to see what happends next

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville6
      Clark is 21 this year anyway.
      S1-14
      S2-15
      S3-16
      S4-17
      S5-18
      S6-19
      S7-20
      S8-21
      He's not 23. But I'm still glad he became a reporter.
      i would have said he was 22, seeing as Lana turned 16 in season 1... so unless she is a whole year older than him, which is very improbable seeing as they had the same classes, i think it starts at 15

i could be wrong... maybe she turned 15 in season 1... i'm confused...

Comment

nah i'm not liking it at all. Might as well change the name of the show

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
          He wasn't flying for thousands of years... Kara clearly says the journey from Krypton to Earth takes three years.
          Sorry, I didn't remember that. How far away was Krypton from Earth? I remember somewhere in the comics it was 27 light years away, & Clark saw it explode from the farm on his 27th birthday (so his spaceship must have been going Warp 50!), but that's not the case on Smallville since they already can't see it from Earth. Kryptonians not only had portals from Krypton to other planets; they also had some really fast starships! (Or perhaps the writers aren't that concerned about the physics involved...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
            i would have said he was 22, seeing as Lana turned 16 in season 1... so unless she is a whole year older than him, which is very improbable seeing as they had the same classes, i think it starts at 15

i could be wrong... maybe she turned 15 in season 1... i'm confused...
            I turned 15 in my 1st year of highschool, so I'd guess she turned 15 in season 1 (Craving). So I'd say Clark turned 16 in season 2 (Calling--I think that was his actual birthday since that was the day Jor-El chose to contact him). In season 3 (Talisman, deleted scenes), Clark turned 17. In season 4, Chloe would have turned 18 in Spell (which would had to have taken place in early 2005 even though the episode aired in fall of 2004 since Chloe's tombstone said she was born in 1987 in Gone) along with Lana in Crusade (which probably took place in September or October). Clark in season 5 turned 19 in Oracle. Since then I don't think we had any birthday episodes. But that would make him 20 towards the end of season 6 and 21 towards the end of season 7 (which is why Lois offered to buy him a drink). So Clark will be 22 at the end of this season.

Comment

Lana was a full year older than Clark (remember she was 18 when she came back from Paris, thus making the whole Jason Teague thing legal). They were in the same class, but Lana was definitely older.

I too like the direction the season is taking. I was definitely one of the haters after last season when they announced Doomsday, but I even like where that arc is headed. If Geoff Johns gives his approval, I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

Comment

I am going to say that the last few seasons have had a couple of great episodes, but no real hope that the season itself was going to do anything, but suck. I miss Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover. However, I do not miss Al/Miles. Good riddence to repeating rubbish.

After 3 episodes into season 8, I have to say, I am excited. None of the episodes have completely blown me away, but they leave me with a sense of anticipation that I have never felt from Smallville before. I can finally look forward to a work week now because I know Thursday will eventually come. YAY!!!

Comment

yes, I like that Clark seems more focussed this season

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    I turned 15 in my 1st year of highschool, so I'd guess she turned 15 in season 1 (Craving). So I'd say Clark turned 16 in season 2 (Calling--I think that was his actual birthday since that was the day Jor-El chose to contact him). In season 3 (Talisman, deleted scenes), Clark turned 17. In season 4, Chloe would have turned 18 in Spell (which would had to have taken place in early 2005 even though the episode aired in fall of 2004 since Chloe's tombstone said she was born in 1987 in Gone) along with Lana in Crusade (which probably took place in September or October). Clark in season 5 turned 19 in Oracle. Since then I don't think we had any birthday episodes. But that would make him 20 towards the end of season 6 and 21 towards the end of season 7 (which is why Lois offered to buy him a drink). So Clark will be 22 at the end of this season.
                    cheers for clearing that up

Comment

Originally posted by old guy
                      This season seems to have a bit more of a "grown up" feel, at least that's what I sense from the actors, than in the past. And since it's been like 4 years since Clark and Chloe graduated from high school, I can just say "its about time!"
                      I agree. If they were not going to have the characters follow through with college, then they all needed to grow up. I like the grown-up feel of season 8.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by magic
                      can't say I'm really thrilled about the direction they're taking
                      for me the show has always been about Clark his family and smallville
                      not Clark and Lois living large in metropolis or guys playing secret identities
                      I think taking the reporter route was a really bad call

I realize they couldn't take the Lex storyline to the next level because the actor is unavailable but Tess is a very poor replacement.
                      I guess it's early but so far the character interaction was very weak compared to previous seasons and the stories have been pretty boring.

sorry but ace of clubs, daily planet and Lois will never compare with the Talon, barn, and Lana.
                      I see where you are coming from, but if that is the case then the show should have ended at season 5 and we would not even be here in 2008 having this discussion.

That show simply does not exist anymore. Clark and his friends are 21. His father has been dead for almost 3 years. His mother is a US Senator living in DC. Lex is gone. Lana is gone. Lionel is dead. Not to mention Whitney and Pete Ross and Kara...

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                      last season everyone just started suggesting i was a 'moaner'

but i LOVE this season, and that's just based on the last two episodes (cause odysessey seemed like season 7 to me)

it just feels like it's going back to the way it was in earlier seasons, and that makes me want to cry with happiness
                      I'm so happy you're happy, Hopefulsuicide!

I agree. The format of the episodes reminds me of the older seasons, but the characters are all grown-up and their parental units are all gone. I think TPTB are doing great with the tremendous constraints they are under: massive budget cuts, main characters/actors leaving the show, and nothing really left of the original Smallville coming of age premise to cover. At this point, it's all Superman mythos without the suit.
                      Last edited by stenochick; 10-08-2008, 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^IA. PS3 are really doing a great job, especially if you consider all the complications that came with this season.

Comment

Hell yeah Lana's gone for now... And Clark and Lois are working together more.

Comment

I donīt think this season looks promising ... it is not Iīve seen until now!

Comment

Shaping up to be better than last season from what i can see there's alot more darkness to this season than the last one i think. which is always a good one.

Comment

I stopped watching, before the end of season 6. It was too much and i just coulnd't watch that horrible agony called Lana and Clark. So I just stopped. The only reason I started again in season 8, was that they got rid of Lana and Lex. And I was exited about the Spoilers for Lois Clark. So far I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎