Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think this season seems really promising?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I'm excited about the season. transitioning too fast??????well, it needs to; to catch up to where it should of been last season. and ***damnit! LET CLARK FLY ALREADY!

The season is definately promising though.

Comment

I agree that the show looks extremely promising, and I am also happy to say that even with all of the changes, it really does feel like same show I've always loved. The characters have matured, they are becoming who they're meant to be, but they are still very much the same people I've enjoyed watching each week. I'm sensing that these sentiments aren't unique to me, and that in itself is promising. I can't wait for Instinct!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeague
        its called the superman mythos unfolding jeez! go look it up!
        this may come as a surprise to you but not every fan knows or even cares about the superman mythos
        in fact most casual fans I know don't.

Comment

Originally posted by magic
          this may come as a surprise to you but not every fan knows or even cares about the superman mythos
          in fact most casual fans I know don't.
          But most casual fans don't join and message board and posts do they?

If you do those things, you cannot call yourself a casual fan. And I hate to break it to ya, even the most casual fan knows about Superman/Clark Kent and Lois being the love of his life.

Comment

I'm surprised to say i like the new direction the first 3 have really came through for me and I do think the transition to CLOIS was a bit sudden but im okay with that because last year really dissappointed me so i needed a change

Comment

How could you not feel that way. its amazing the direction they are taking this year. and i love the characters.

Comment

Let's get Kara back real soon and I'm content!

Comment

Originally posted by REebee52
                  I like some of the changes, but they still tread a very fine line. Considering they don't have Lex, it's been good. Not great yet, but good. I'm not crazy about the 'serial killer' Doomsday version, but I hold hope that they'll eventually show his true origin.
                  I really think this would have been a great opportunity to introduce some of Superman's other villains: Metallo, Parasite, Livewire... They're introducing some, like Plastique, and that's cool, but Metallo would fit so well in this universe I can't believe they're not doing it: They've already established cyborg technology... It just makes sense.
                  A lot of the success depends on how they write out the issues: Chloe's brainiac side, Doomsday/Davis... These could all be really awesome or really terrible...
                  I was very displeased at the premier's explanation of 'controlling' Clark, and I feel an opportunity was missed when Oliver realized Clark had hidden the truth about his parent's plane crash, so they have made some mistakes. But given the first three episodes: It's new but still has an old feel, which is good. Let's just hope ratings stay high, because I think they could make the show big again.
                  I agree that the purple kryptonite merely taking away Clark's powers seemed like a disappointment after all the buildup last season. I mean, blue kryptonite does that! I don't know how I would've done it differently, though...
                  Aside from that, though, this looks like a great season! I think Metallo is coming--the whole 33.1 storyline seemed to be preparing for that one!

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                  From the three episodes we've seen and the eight episodes we have spoilers for, I agree that this season holds a lot of promise.

I think they need to be careful not to make it Chloeville, though. Be mindful of that and continue to write Clark as they have been, then they will have one heck of a season.
                  On the other hand, Chloe is apparently the only one who still lives in Smallville. I assume Clark got an apartment in Metropolis because not everyone knows he can run there in a second. I guess it's not that unreasonable that someone would commute from Smallville to Metropolis--I knew people who commuted to Columbus from Circleville--but a reporter has to be more on call than that. Smallville's never been great about details like that, though.

J'onn could stay at the farm & take care of Shelby!
                  Last edited by dunkman; 10-05-2008, 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by REebee52
                    I like some of the changes, but they still tread a very fine line. Considering they don't have Lex, it's been good. Not great yet, but good. I'm not crazy about the 'serial killer' Doomsday version, but I hold hope that they'll eventually show his true origin.
                    I really think this would have been a great opportunity to introduce some of Superman's other villains: Metallo, Parasite, Livewire... They're introducing some, like Plastique, and that's cool, but Metallo would fit so well in this universe I can't believe they're not doing it: They've already established cyborg technology... It just makes sense.
                    A lot of the success depends on how they write out the issues: Chloe's brainiac side, Doomsday/Davis... These could all be really awesome or really terrible...
                    I was very displeased at the premier's explanation of 'controlling' Clark, and I feel an opportunity was missed when Oliver realized Clark had hidden the truth about his parent's plane crash, so they have made some mistakes. But given the first three episodes: It's new but still has an old feel, which is good. Let's just hope ratings stay high, because I think they could make the show big again.
                    Not mistakes, just things you would have done differently.

Comment

Originally posted by magic
                      can't say I'm really thrilled about the direction they're taking
                      for me the show has always been about Clark his family and smallville
                      not Clark and Lois living large in metropolis or guys playing secret identities
                      I think taking the reporter route was a really bad call

I realize they couldn't take the Lex storyline to the next level because the actor is unavailable but Tess is a very poor replacement.
                      I guess it's early but so far the character interaction was very weak compared to previous seasons and the stories have been pretty boring.

sorry but ace of clubs, daily planet and Lois will never compare with the Talon, barn, and Lana.
                      But Clark is something like 23 years old (if you don't count the thousands of years flying through space in suspended animation). He had to become a reporter. It would've made more sense for him & Lois to finish college, but what're ya gonna do? The point is, it can't be the show it was in 2001 anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
                        But Clark is something like 23 years old (if you don't count the thousands of years flying through space in suspended animation). He had to become a reporter. It would've made more sense for him & Lois to finish college, but what're ya gonna do? The point is, it can't be the show it was in 2001 anymore!
                        He wasn't flying for thousands of years... Kara clearly says the journey from Krypton to Earth takes three years.

Comment

Clark is 21 this year anyway.
                          S1-14
                          S2-15
                          S3-16
                          S4-17
                          S5-18
                          S6-19
                          S7-20
                          S8-21
                          He's not 23. But I'm still glad he became a reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
                            Let's get Kara back real soon and I'm content!
                            Hi Jan! You just won't be happy until your lady love comes back. Anyway I'm hoping that this season will be promising and I'm sure it's not going to be without the usual filler and FOTW episodes. I'm actually looking forward to the Identity episode coming up it looks like Clark will finally be in Superhero mode....I hope.

Comment

No.

Comment

Until this episode I thought it did. But I will wait for next week. Maxima seems pretty cool. I hope Clark has over 20 minutes per episode from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎