Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think this season seems really promising?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think this season seems really promising?

We're only three episodes in and I'm already hooked and excited about what's to come. I'm not sure if it's the fresh new direction and feel the show has now, or the new characters, or just everything...

The weird thing is, it's not even like the three episodes have been stellar. They've been good, but not amazing.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Yeah definitely, its a brand new chapter and much closer to the comics than before. I thought Toxic was a lot maturer as well, especially the scene at the end with Clarke and Oliver talking. Not to mention seeing that woman's head get shot...don't think they've done that before.

Looks promising. Lets just hope he bloody flies by the end of this one!

Comment

I like some of the changes, but they still tread a very fine line. Considering they don't have Lex, it's been good. Not great yet, but good. I'm not crazy about the 'serial killer' Doomsday version, but I hold hope that they'll eventually show his true origin.
      I really think this would have been a great opportunity to introduce some of Superman's other villains: Metallo, Parasite, Livewire... They're introducing some, like Plastique, and that's cool, but Metallo would fit so well in this universe I can't believe they're not doing it: They've already established cyborg technology... It just makes sense.
      A lot of the success depends on how they write out the issues: Chloe's brainiac side, Doomsday/Davis... These could all be really awesome or really terrible...
      I was very displeased at the premier's explanation of 'controlling' Clark, and I feel an opportunity was missed when Oliver realized Clark had hidden the truth about his parent's plane crash, so they have made some mistakes. But given the first three episodes: It's new but still has an old feel, which is good. Let's just hope ratings stay high, because I think they could make the show big again.

Comment

From the three episodes we've seen and the eight episodes we have spoilers for, I agree that this season holds a lot of promise.

I think they need to be careful not to make it Chloeville, though. Be mindful of that and continue to write Clark as they have been, then they will have one heck of a season.

Comment

YES! Three episodes in, I just want to jump up and cheer, I'm so excited about season 8. I feel exactly the way you do here, 'Marsinvestigations': "We're only three episodes in and I'm already hooked and excited about what's to come. I'm not sure if it's the fresh new direction and feel the show has now, or the new characters, or just everything..." AND, I agree with you on Every point, too, 'ClarkyBoy14'.

I sincerely hope that they can keep the momentum going like this After the several weeks of Hiatus I hear are to be expected after episode 10.

Comment

This season seems to have a bit more of a "grown up" feel, at least that's what I sense from the actors, than in the past. And since it's been like 4 years since Clark and Chloe graduated from high school, I can just say "its about time!"

Comment

Originally posted by Imzadia
              YES! Three episodes in, I just want to jump up and cheer, I'm so excited about season 8. I feel exactly the way you do here, 'Marsinvestigations': "We're only three episodes in and I'm already hooked and excited about what's to come. I'm not sure if it's the fresh new direction and feel the show has now, or the new characters, or just everything..." AND, I agree with you on Every point, too, 'ClarkyBoy14'.

I sincerely hope that they can keep the momentum going like this After the several weeks of Hiatus I hear are to be expected after episode 10.
              ITA!
              I'm loving the new season so much!

Comment

I personally think they changed it too fast. It's suddenly Clois based (where did that come from!) and, truth be told, doesn't feel like Smallville to me anymore. Which wouldn't be an entirely bad thing, if only they'd taken the transition slower. I'll keep watching, but so far I'm not ecstatic about the direction it's taking.

How about the eye candy in "Toxic", though! Whew! Oliver is HOT!

Comment

I think the first 2 episodes were great and suddenly, they took one step back with Toxic. It's like Caroline Dries didn't get the memo that the show took a new direction. I hope they will keep the right focus but I'm cautious.

Comment

I think the direction for Clark seems very promising this season. And since thats my main reason for watching, it allows me to cut the show a lot of slack, and be more forgiving overall. I do understand the complaint that they rushed through some of the changes a bit too fast. I can only asssume that PS3 were as sick of the AlMiles stall as many of us here were.

Hopefully this season can keep it together, keep the focus on Clark, and not take too many steps backwards. My fingers are crossed.

Comment

hell effin YEAH! bring it on season 8

Comment

can't say I'm really thrilled about the direction they're taking
                        for me the show has always been about Clark his family and smallville
                        not Clark and Lois living large in metropolis or guys playing secret identities
                        I think taking the reporter route was a really bad call

I realize they couldn't take the Lex storyline to the next level because the actor is unavailable but Tess is a very poor replacement.
                        I guess it's early but so far the character interaction was very weak compared to previous seasons and the stories have been pretty boring.

sorry but ace of clubs, daily planet and Lois will never compare with the Talon, barn, and Lana.

Comment

^Maybe the ppl @ the show thought that we were getting sick of always seeing the Talon, Barn, and Lana? Maybe that is why the felt it was right for Clark to become a reporter now, ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by magic
                            can't say I'm really thrilled about the direction they're taking
                            for me the show has always been about Clark his family and smallville
                            not Clark and Lois living large in metropolis or guys playing secret identities
                            I think taking the reporter route was a really bad call

I realize they couldn't take the Lex storyline to the next level because the actor is unavailable but Tess is a very poor replacement.
                            I guess it's early but so far the character interaction was very weak compared to previous seasons and the stories have been pretty boring.

sorry but ace of clubs, daily planet and Lois will never compare with the Talon, barn, and Lana.
                            its called the superman mythos unfolding jeez! go look it up!

as for the rest of us we are glad to see the back of lana clark doesnt stay in smallville for the rest of his life ya know!

Comment

last season everyone just started suggesting i was a 'moaner'

but i LOVE this season, and that's just based on the last two episodes (cause odysessey seemed like season 7 to me)

it just feels like it's going back to the way it was in earlier seasons, and that makes me want to cry with happiness

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎