Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Kal-El get to Brazil and back so quick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone was shocked about how fast Clark covered such a large distance. The shock comes from the geographic confusion that was created after the first post and how everyone kept misinterpreting the following replies, leading to someone's astonished question about Argentina and Iraq being settled between Brazil. No one really said that Iraq was in South America, but when someone mentioned the Mesopotamia (in between Argentina and Brazil), someone else assumed that she/he was talking about Iraq and that produced a 'snowball' effect that was really fascinating to read.

I wonder if Clark had the time to learn samba while he went to Brazil

I don't think he had the time, though I would love to see him shaking his booty in the 'Sambodromo'!

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
      Mesopotamia means land surrounded by rivers. There are only two mesopotamias en the world. One is in Iraq, between the Tigris and the Eufrates. The other one is in Argentina, between the Paraná, the Iguazú and the Uruguay river. That's were the Iguazú Falls are.
      I blame my own people then...

----- Added 41 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Paty26
      oh my god!!!!!!!
      You fail at sarcasm?

PS: God, there is so much fail on this thread...

Brazil, discovered by Pedro Alvares Cabral in 1500, is in South America. Clark had to run from North America, through Central America and some South American countries to get to Brazil.

Mesopotomia is the valley of civilizations on Iraq. Retardly, the Portuguese/Spanish colonizers gave the same name to a valley on former La Plata, now Argentina.

But, I know this because geography is on the Portuguese blood, we study it since little kids until 9th grade. It's part of our history, due the Portuguese Discoveries.
      Last edited by Timester; 10-06-2008, 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by old guy
        Thus there is another review on another website that seems to think that Clark actually did find the antidote at a nearby Queen Industries lab instead of going to Brazil.
        More proof that Clark Kent is an expert liar. Even a tv critic thought he was telling the truth with that one.

Here is a map of Campo Grande, Brazil within the state of Mato Grosso do Sul (because I could not paste just the smaller map of Brazil in the bottom left corner), and a map of Mato Grosso do Sul within Brazil so we can see where in Brazil Clark had to superspeed to in order to find the antidote.

Last edited by stenochick; 10-06-2008, 05:49 AM. Reason: Geography lesson

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
          *sigh* someboy here really needs to learn geography if Clark really ran at superspeed over land all the time he would have crossed no less than 8 countries in both central and south America to reach brazil look:

Don't take a joke too far cyberpunk. Notice I didn't say mexico was the only land. I thought including country after country would come across as more of a lesson and less like humour. I wasn't out to embarass the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
            You fail at sarcasm?
            I know where is brazil.. I was kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
              I accept that you, as a viewer, didn't know where Brazil was. I mean, it's definitely something to be worrying about, but that's your problem.

What I can't yet accept was that last season it was mentioned that one of the Phantoms was in Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Argentina. Come on producers! A little bit of research wouldn't harm you... Iguazu Falls are way up north, between Argentina and Brazil, in the Mesopotamia area.
              I agree, that was pretty bad. Out of curiosity though, is there also a Mesopotamia in South America? The only one I'm aware of is in Iraq.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
              Mesopotamia means land surrounded by rivers. There are only two mesopotamias en the world. One is in Iraq, between the Tigris and the Eufrates. The other one is in Argentina, between the Paraná, the Iguazú and the Uruguay river. That's were the Iguazú Falls are.
              Sorry, missed this post. Nevermind.
              Last edited by faz; 10-06-2008, 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How did he get there so fast ? It must have been an amazing race. Although if he had stopped at the Fortress and prayed to "Our Lady of Ascension" (quite an easy thing to do, but I'm under the assumption he knows what to do), he could have even got his wings.

And Campo Grande being the capital of a divided real state ! That was a good.
                Last edited by seara; 10-07-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seara
                  How did he get there so fast ? It must have been an amazing race. Although if he had stopped at the Fortress and prayed to "Our Lady of Ascension" (quite an easy thing to do, but I'm under the assumption he knows what to do), he could have even got his wings.

And Campo Grande being the capital of a divided real state ! That was a good.
                  I think I'm going to have to start praying to Our Lady of Ascension so Clark starts ascending into the heavens without wings.

Thanks for the map, stenochick. I like geography so it was interesting to see where Clark had to go.

Comment

Even if there was Water can't he hold his breath for like half an hour? He could have easily ran across the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                      There is land between kansas and brazil. Its called mexico.

snort

Comment

come on its superman were talking about
                        fast as lightning
                        or something along those lines of what chloe said

Comment

even if he were to go over water..i'm sure his incredible speed would science fictionally suffice to run atop the surface of the water

Comment

If he can go from smallville to Brazil in say a minute, and we take smallville as about 6000 miles from Brazil that means for every mile of water, he is over it for 0.01 of a second. Hardly enough time to sink!

Comment

how did clark get to brazil so quickly?

because he's clark! he's amazing, and he can do anything....almost.

~K

Comment

He can be as fast as he wants............in a have to, situation!!!!! At one time, he thought of Ollie as a true friend.

Ollie tried to pay him back............He thought he killed Lex........while Clark was still thing about it.

That's right, thought he killed Lex!!!! Lex still lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎