No announcement yet.

Chloe.....possessive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimeo782002
    I don't think Chloe is a hypocrite ! She was concerned about lana getting hurt because she knew what having clarks powers did to clarks father . Chloe cares more for others than herself and she knows she has these ability from brainiac but does not know how to get rid of it . so in the mean time until something happends or clark finds a way to help her , she is looking at it as a gift . and i have no doubt in my heart , that clark will do whats right ! now that he knows chloe is infected by brainiac he will try to help her ... he always does . will chloe die when they try to separate them ??? that i don't know ? but chloe being a hypocrite i don't agree with so thats just my opinion .

I see her trying to deal with something in a mature manner , being there is nothing that can be done about it at this point ! what is she supposed to freak out cry and flip around on the floor screaming " somebody kill me i have been infected by brainiac ??? "

no the fortress is disabled and unless there is a kryptonian doctor on hand i doubt even clark knows what to do for now except worry. so chloe is taking the let's take it day by day routine . thats all most of us humans can do.

I admit she was a little pissy at the fundraiser but , alot of things are changing in her life, and her relationship with clark since she got engageed is one of them . it also would not make any sense if she did not miss being a reporter a little . so that makes sense and clark has had his fair share of pissy moments with chloe .. anyone remember hydro ? " you knew lana was pregnant ?" he literally grabbed her arm . friends have these moments and one is not better than the other. chloe had a pisy moment just like any other character on smallville , right along with millions of people in the world .
    I still think she's being a hypocrite because she's not thinking about the bigger picture. She could easily not only be putting herself in danger but the whole world as well given what Brainiac can do. That's what I don't like about Chloe. She wants to know everything, she wants Clark to confide in her, but when Clark asks for the same, she snaps at him. Almost appears like a holier than thou attitude. She never was like that in the early seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I still think she's being a hypocrite because she's not thinking about the bigger picture. She could easily not only be putting herself in danger but the whole world as well given what Brainiac can do. That's what I don't like about Chloe. She wants to know everything, she wants Clark to confide in her, but when Clark asks for the same, she snaps at him. Almost appears like a holier than thou attitude. She never was like that in the early seasons.

You can think she is a hypocrite because she does nothing about it but what is she supposed to do ? the fortress is out right now so what can she or clark do to get rid of this situation anyway ?

there is nothing that can be done and there is no one they can go to for help ! where is clark or chloe supposed to go to get help with chloe being infected ? the fortress is broken ! maybe later it will come back but for now there is nothing chloe can do .

this is all a matter of opinion and you obviously don't like chloe so you are noy gonna be objective to see what im saying .

i like chloe but i know when and can be objective enough to see when she is snotty and yes , she was snotty at the fundraiser , but i choose to look for the reason behind it rather than just my dislike for someone .

so carry on and enjoy , i was just looking for some friendly and fair objectivety. i see your point but it seems to be coming from sheer hate rather than being objective which doesn't leave much room for why chloe is dealing with brainiac the way she is.

you dislike her and thats why your not seeing that there is nothing they can do right now! i guess you want clark to lock her in a room or send her to tess so she can be a lab rat ? because there is no one to help right now ! that is my point i don't think chloe does not care she does and thats why she is snippy about it because there is nothing she can do. and if she is being contrloed by brainiac is that really her fault ? no more than it was lana's fault or kara's . im done with this discussion . have a wonderful happy day !

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Khyla
      I agree.

Great post!

thank you khyla ! i have to stick up for my girl even when she is a little not like herself .

imean geez she is not the only character to have pms or something lmao ! i finished part two of my story if you get a chance check it out ! bye !
      Last edited by dimeo782002; 10-04-2008, 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by dimeo782002
        this is all a matter of opinion and you obviously don't like chloe so you are noy gonna be objective to see what im saying .

i like chloe but i know when and can be objective enough to see when she is snotty and yes , she was snotty at the fundraiser , but i choose to look for the reason behind it rather than just my dislike for someone .

so carry on and enjoy , i was just looking for some friendly and fair objectivety. i see your point but it seems to be coming from sheer hate rather than being objective which doesn't leave much room for why chloe is dealing with brainiac the way she is.

you dislike her and thats why your not seeing that there is nothing they can do right now! i guess you want clark to lock her in a room or send her to tess so she can be a lab rat ? because there is no one to help right now ! that is my point i don't think chloe does not care she does and thats why she is snippy about it because there is nothing she can do. and if she is being contrloed by brainiac is that really her fault ? no more than it was lana's fault or kara's . im done with this discussion . have a wonderful happy day !
        Hate?

I suggest you check out a thread in the Plastique forum to see my opinion of Chloe then and how much it changed within a week. I dislike what they're doing with her. Rather than having the attiude that she had (she's always right & Clark's always wrong), I think she should have seen Clark's side and promised to speak to Clark about it after Ollie's life is saved so the 2 can try to come up with a plan that would involve recreating the FOS. That's all I expected of her. I have been very objective with Chloe's character and how great it was in seasons 1-4 and how they ruined it in seasons 5-7 by making her too perfect and an unrealistic character. I liked what they were doing with her this season until Toxic (especially in Plastique). I hope they can get her back in a positive direction again. Because the way things are going now, something very bad is going to happen and Clark is going to blame himself again, causing the same old crap from the last 3-4 seasons to happen again. And I'm very much tired of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
          She's being defensive. She wants Clark...badly...
          I am having some issues with this. Not that this is incorrect, but when I imagine Chloe and Clark together, now, I see Clark and Brainiac (James Marsters) and the vision ain't pretty.

Comment

I just had this thought. Judging by interviews Chloe is going in a darker direction, so maybe there'll be a fallout with Clark and she'll sort of turn against him (I mean not really like an enemy but a rift like Obi-Wan and Anakin, just not so severe) and Clark will have to fight to get her back. I think that would be cool to see how he manages not only without Chloe's help but actually having to work against her. Because up until now, she's been his brain, and I for one would love to see him beat her in the brain department.

Plus it would be really dramatic because he wouldn't be fighting only against her, but for her. At the end, he saves her and becomes Superman, the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
              I just had this thought. Judging by interviews Chloe is going in a darker direction, so maybe there'll be a fallout with Clark and she'll sort of turn against him (I mean not really like an enemy but a rift like Obi-Wan and Anakin, just not so severe) and Clark will have to fight to get her back. I think that would be cool to see how he manages not only without Chloe's help but actually having to work against her. Because up until now, she's been his brain, and I for one would love to see him beat her in the brain department.

Plus it would be really dramatic because he wouldn't be fighting only against her, but for her. At the end, he saves her and becomes Superman, the end.

ya know what ?i like the last part of your comment ! it's true if she is indeed carrying some of you know who's powers than you know it's gonna cause a rift , but we all know clark he will not let her go that easily . he will try to save her and stop whatever this force is trying to accomplish thus making him a hero aka superman * sighing * i like that !

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
              Hate?

I suggest you check out a thread in the Plastique forum to see my opinion of Chloe then and how much it changed within a week. I dislike what they're doing with her. Rather than having the attiude that she had (she's always right & Clark's always wrong), I think she should have seen Clark's side and promised to speak to Clark about it after Ollie's life is saved so the 2 can try to come up with a plan that would involve recreating the FOS. That's all I expected of her. I have been very objective with Chloe's character and how great it was in seasons 1-4 and how they ruined it in seasons 5-7 by making her too perfect and an unrealistic character. I liked what they were doing with her this season until Toxic (especially in Plastique). I hope they can get her back in a positive direction again. Because the way things are going now, something very bad is going to happen and Clark is going to blame himself again, causing the same old crap from the last 3-4 seasons to happen again. And I'm very much tired of that.
              ahhh i see ! i definetly see where your coming from ! yes she was very very snippy in toxic. i undersatnd your frustartion, let's wait and see what happens . chloe may be going through something . but i see where the writing of tptb can get to a person

i do miss chloe from earlier seasons but i could definetly say the same about clark . i guess they are growing up. i jus wish ps3 could do some things different.

i say stick it out maybe we will all get something we like !
              Last edited by dimeo782002; 10-04-2008, 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

change in character = brainiachloe showing her sides

its coming and i think its cool we can pick up on the changes to her this early im guessing this was brainiac having a jab a clark not fully chloe

Comment

I think it was full Chloe. Let me explain.

Chloe has ALWAYS wanted to know EVERYTHING. She loves doing research. I think there is a part (large part) of her that is EMBRACING the Brainaic in her. The part of her that wants to know everything, wants to study everything, wants to be the encyclopedia that everyone else has to use.

And since she is embracing that part of her, I think she is noticing everything going on around her. Her new knowledge is giving her the confidence to say what is on her mind. Perhaps things she has wanted to say, but never did.

Comment

I really hope a huge apology is coming from Chloe when this blows up in her face.

Comment

I think Chloe is jealous and not very happy that Clark is moving on with his life without her. For years, she had this special relationship with him, she was the only one to know his secret and everything about his life, she researched for him and now she feels excluded. He has a job, Lois is constantly around him, the guys of the Justice League know about his powers and she’s not the center of his life anymore. In one way, she's like Lionel (please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying she's evil), she wants the traveller all to herself.

As for being a hypocrate, in one way she is. She's spending more time with Davis that with her own fiancée (on screen, at least) so it's funny that she's accusing Clark of doing the same with Lois. I mean, they work together, they sit across each other, it's logic that they would spend many hours together.
                      Last edited by Bizarrolover; 10-05-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

some people are making it seem as if clark is pushing chloe away and in reality it looks the other way to me.

1) clark invited chloe to the fundraiser

2) chloe is the one who said things would change when she got married.... not clark

3) chloe also in toxic is the one who told clark to stop worrying about her ...not clark

it would be totaly out of chracter if chloe did not miss journalism to some degree. and yes she was the one not lois that had clark at tye torch in high school so i think it is normal that chloe , is having some normal reaction to the changes in her life. but to say she is possesive of clark i think is a little too far . clark on more than one occasion during the seven years of smallville has shown possesivnes and jealousy as well. yes i believe chloe may be a little jealous but i think that is a normal human response to the changes around her and clark , is not perfect. but he is not pushing her away ! he still cares for chloe , it is so obvious. she is still his friend, chloe was snippy but not possesive. also her relationshipwith davis may be stemming from something else and ya know what ? if lois was my cousin i would be a little the same . [B] example chloe has been in journalism since she was a little girl.it was her dream , when she's older the guy she has had a crush on forever,she gets him to work with her the school newspaper . he says he may have feelings for her to his father and mother before the spring formal but to her dismay leaves her to save lana .... so she pulls the friends card and sits back for the clana operetta for seven dam years. anyway then her cousin lois comes to town . she has no love for journalism whats so ever , she only gets involved by Chloe's persuasion , yes Chloe's persuasion just so she can get extra points to get back to met u for drinking binges, and kicked out of school for it. now years later after ( chloe ) gets a job at the daily planet which was her dream job, by writing a story called thirst. although not published the editor hired her at the bottom. then her cousin is with her investigationg learning everything about journalism from her ( chloe all so later she can sit at chloe's desk across from the guy she helped in journalism which happened to be her first love . she has lost her job, has meteor powers and now is infected by brainiac. geez i guess chloe has no reason to be cynical and pissy at all. yes she could go ask for her job back at the dp . but with all thats happening in her life and the fact that the powers that be want to phase chloe out so they can have there cannon fairy tale. i guess we will just blame it all on chloe ,cause she should not be there right ?

if i was chloe i would be alittle pissy about lois too ! she is family and has no problem sitting in her old desk across from her old love interest. possesive to say the least. it'slike certain people have evaporated into chloe's shoe's.

and yes maybe chloe should not marry jimmy because honestly i do not buy for one minute that she loves jimmy more than clark .

jimmy is normal and she does not have to worry about him being killed or hurt and that is the only normal thing she has in her life is jimmy and she loves jimmy for that reason but not like she loved clark. she will never love anyone the way she loves clark. you love different people for different reasons thats why we are all different.

but anyway im not putting anyone down just stating a fact that chloe worked for where she was a the planet and i think she has every right to be a little down that she lost things she once loved .... was she pissy about it YES. but i think it is all natural reactions to her current situation...yes and she could apologize but i don't see certain people saying to her oh im sorry you lost your job ...oh by the way i found some of your stuff in my desk ................. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh ! im done im not posting in this thread after this post. going to a happy place .....
                        Last edited by dimeo782002; 10-05-2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                          I think that Brainiac is starting to take over and some true feelings are surfacing. She is jealous of Lois and Tess by what she said. Clark is concerned and rightly so. She isn't herself and her new ability is a little spooky.

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching, so so tried not to hold it against her b/c she was starting to irritate me

Comment

i hate what the ps3 did to her in toxic so i hope they say something in the other episode that branic had something to do with that evil comments to clark, but still she used the power for an god thing, she saved ollie

Comment

Seems to me that Chloe, the smartest female on this series and now on the way to super intelligence, merely noted the fact that her cousin had foisted herself on Chloe's best friend and longest love on Smallville. Not hard for Chloe to figure out that lois moved in on ClarkMan as soon as Chloe was out of sight, so it might be termed a bit of jealously combined with possessiveness and that mixed with her intelligence, she knows that Smallville's version of lois (though currently upgraded) is not up to ClarkMan's level.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                                OK, I just rewatched the scene. Aside from making an honest observation, I think Chloe just couldn't resist teasing Clark about how much time he's spending with Lois, given that Lois and Clark both think that they go together like "hot fudge and halibut".

The line about, Chloe being the one to correct Clark's typos, I think that was meant to show that Chloe is slowly getting used to letting go of the ol' apron strings when it comes to Clark.

It won't make sense for Chloe to be possessive at this point, because when she was arguing with Clark at Isis, Chloe said that Clark should stop feeling guilty for what happened to her, because she chooses to see her present abilities as a gift and Clark should let her use it as she sees fit. The scene gave me the overall feeling that she's trying to establish a life and make decisions in a way that's not so heavily dependent on Clark

This all fits the the info given by AM in her TV guide interview

So yeah, to recap, I think Chloe's dialog at the Ace of Clubs was mainly meant to tease Clark and to establish that Chloe is starting to live her own life with her own set of priorities separate from Clark's needs
                                I agree. I think Chloe was just teasing him and giving exposition. LOL! I don't see that she and Clark's relationship is splintering or that Brainiac is taking over. I was happy to see them on a friend date, spending time together that is not at all work related. Supporting a mutual friend (Oliver). She seemed more nosy than possessive.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎