No announcement yet.

Chloe.....possessive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndiGirl
    So you dont think Chloes changes were deliberate...just bad writing??
    I do think it was deliberate and i agree with what you're saying.. I just wanted to say that somewhere and picked this thread. Sorry.

Carolione Dries is horrible. Ok, I'm done now. Its all out of my system.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Fallen One; 10-02-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dimeo782002
      i can't say cause it would be a spoiler but if your curious go to spoilers thread and maybe you can figure out whats happening to her ?

I agree she was a little snotty tonight i think she may not be too thrilled with clarks response in platique . i believe she still has feelings and maybe there showing in some way or maybe she is not totally herself lately... i mean after all clark made a good point , she has these new powers thanks to brainiac so ya never know . tsk tsk .

definetly out of character ! good point Andi very good point you may be onto something !

I love your new video you posted the link in the chlark relationship thread ,prefect song great video and yes you make people cry , with the clips you choose and the perfect music you have gotten me eveytime !
      I know what spoiler you mean...I guess I just didnt expect it to be so sudden?

Awww....thank you! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the video!!!
      Its sweet that it made people cry...but then I feel a bit bad. Such mixed emotions!!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Fallen One
      I do think it was deliberte and i agree with what you're saying.. I just wanted to say that somewhere and picked this thread. Sorry.

Carolione Dries is horrible. Ok, I'm done now. Its all out of my system.

Carry on.
      You know you're always welcome to vent in my threads cedric!!
      I was kind of hoping you were just chalking it all up to bad writing...and maybe my girl Chloe isn't loosing it just yet!!!

You got my hopes up!
      Last edited by AndiGirl; 10-02-2008, 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hmm........Its either being under Braniac's thrall or good old PMS.Maybe a few Midols will bring back her sunny disposition.

Comment

Originally posted by pharaoh8
          yeah that is true. maybe this new power is making her a little looney.

Well, it might be making her a little meaner. I don't know. She seemed understanding of her cousins distress but wanted to make it clear that Ollie said 'no hospitals' then it was for a good reason. So she wasn't mean per se in this episode, but yeah I don't know why she thought Clark and Lois were attached at the hip. I mean they were together in Plastique but not the WHOLE time and obviously is Clark wasn't at the party with Lois then they aren't always together (aka 'attached at the hip) That was odd enough but when she added in the fact that Lois and Clark spend more time together than Chloe and Jimmy, I agree with Andi, that just says more about Chloe's relationship with Jimmy, especially given that Lois and Clark work together now. Spending time together on a daily basis is kinda unavoidable. Clark even got a little defensive about it. I certainly hope they aren't setting us up for Chloe/Lois rivalry. :*( I would cry.

Her comment about Tess didn't bother me, because I thought she was just teasing. I know the show promos teased that but honestly? I don't think Clark is going into that blind at all. In Plastique he seemed to be wary of Tess connection with Lex and in Toxic still is.

AM talked about Chloe [SPOILER]having a dark side this season[/SPOILER] (I don't think I'm spoiling anything this season by saying that much but I tagged it just in case.) So maybe this is just a touch of that happening already? I won't say it is bad writing, because believe it or not the ultra picky, no sugar coating Triple L . . . well I like the writing this season so far. :P
          Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
            So she wasn't mean per se in this episode, but yeah I don't know why she thought Clark and Lois were attached at the hip.
            IMO, that comment was meant to showcase the closeness that has developed between Lois and Clark, but wasn't executed very well...it seemed a little catty, maybe if she said it in a different, playful or nudge-nudge-wink-wink kind of way, it would have worked better.

Comment

I don't really think Chloe was being possessive. What I do think is that this episode had a lot of lame dialogue, and I think that might have confused the issue.
              Last edited by BadToad; 10-02-2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
                IMO, that comment was meant to showcase the closeness that has developed between Lois and Clark, but wasn't executed very well...it seemed a little catty, maybe if she said it in a different, playful or nudge-nudge-wink-wink kind of way, it would have worked better.
                I had that feeling too. That the writers wanted to let the audience know a certain amount of time had gone by....and Lois and Clark were becoming closer. But it did just came off catty and weird.....

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane

I agree, also because they aren't attached at the hip, unless there is something I'm missing. I mean, like I said above, they work together now. Spending everyday (or at least five days a week) together isn't that odd. Clark and Lois both also seem to be fine doing their own thing without the other present. I just don't see Lois having welded Clark to her hip. Clark even said at the fundraiser that Lois was busy with her work. He certainly didn't make it sound like Lois had any problem, or that he had a problem either for that matter, with him covering the fundraiser without her.

Later on maybe with Clark [SPOILER]inviting Lois to stay with him at the Kent Farm[/SPOILER] a comment like that might make sense. But it didn't tonight.

I am happy that Lois not being there got addressed though. In the past it would've been ignored and we'd be left to draw our own conclusions.

I do think though that it is a touch of Braniac in her making a little meaner, not a ton, but a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                    Hmm........Its either being under Braniac's thrall or good old PMS.Maybe a few Midols will bring back her sunny disposition.
                    i thought of that too.

Comment

Chloe was out-of-line and snooty with her comments and what's going on between Clark and Lois is none of her business.

Comment

Now...you all know I love chloe, but what was she thinking at the party?? She was either jealous....or just being rude.
                        She was making honest observations..... but perhaps Brainiac's presence has short-circuited her verbal filter.

Or you can always blame the booze at the party It uhm, made her more relaxed

Comment

I think it has to do with the fact she is letting go and ytold him things might change... yet he seems more distant and she is trying to prod him for info to see if he does like her. she is prolly feeling like ok clark im getting married and he pretty much said ok cool things won't be the same ok i dont care go for you chloe.... She maybe having second thoughts and wants clark to stand up and say something anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                            She was making honest observations..... but perhaps Brainiac's presence has short-circuited her verbal filter.

Or you can always blame the booze at the party It uhm, made her more relaxed
                            I'm all for honest Chloe...infact I'd like to see her more often!!
                            I guess it was the way she went about it...or vocalized it, she seemed a bit out of character.

You know what else bothered me...she didnt really follow through did she?? Clark asked her what she was implying about him and Lois...and she said "oh...nevermind, I just thought I would be the one fixing your typos is all." I got the feeling that wasnt all...and as soon as clark started playing the game, she was done.

So if she's going to be blunt Chloe....I wish she would just get it all off her chest...and really commit!

Comment

I'm all for honest Chloe...infact I'd like to see her more often!!
                              I guess it was the way she went about it...or vocalized it, she seemed a bit out of character.

You know what else bothered me...she didnt really follow through did she?? Clark asked her what she was implying about him and Lois...and she said "oh...nevermind, I just thought I would be the one fixing your typos is all." I got the feeling that wasnt all...and as soon as clark started playing the game, she was done.

So if she's going to be blunt Chloe....I wish she would just get it all off her chest...and really commit!
                              Yeah, that was weird...Maybe she realized she said too much? I have no idea what she was thinking in that scene, honestly...Usually I'm pretty good at reading what a character is trying to imply, but I really didn't know where Chloe was going with that comment....I guess she didn't either since she put a stop to the conversation...It really bugged me that she thought Clark would be so easily swayed by Tess cuz she's pretty...Doesn't he always give people the benefit of the doubt in the beginning?...I mean that has been a pretty recognizable Clark trait, right? He is too trusting..And he doesn't really start doubting people until they give him a reason...And so far Tess hasn't given him a reason...It just bothered me that she said that..I think she was just teasing, but it came off weird to me...

Comment

I dunno. Chloe did seem to be a little possessive, especially about ushering Clark into Journalism but... I think a lot of it was just friendly jibbing. It seemed that she was asking him about his love life in a very passive aggressive way.

From a writing POV... it was sort of catching things up. Clark's spending a lot of time with Lois working. Clark is attracted to Tess but her association with Lex puts a damper on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎