Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
    The gap between SV and SN is just a few hundred thousand now, surely Supernatural is going to overtake Smallville gven that its just shown 3 damn near perfect episodes in a row.
    Not really, Supernatural numbers were up because those that didn't want to watch the VP debate basically had no other option

Comment

Originally posted by Heilige
      The Vice Presidential debate didn't come on until 9:00 PM ET, so I don't think it effected Smallville's numbers.
      There is the pre-debate stuff, added to which, depending on where you live, the could overlap.

The debate hit it a bit, but evidently not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
        The gap between SV and SN is just a few hundred thousand now, surely Supernatural is going to overtake Smallville gven that its just shown 3 damn near perfect episodes in a row.

The half hour breakdowns show that Supernatural numbers go down from the start of the show until the conclusion. Smallville's numbers go up throughout the episode. This means that Supernatural gets an artificial boost from Smallville viewers staying on to watch the previews for the next episode.

Smallville
        8:00 p.m. V: 3.80 m, A18-49: 1.5/ 4
        8:30 p.m. V: 4.09 m, A18-49: 1.6/ 4

Supernatural
        9:00 p.m. V: 3.75 m, A18-49: 1.5/ 3
        9:30 p.m. V: 3.40 m, A18-49: 1.4/ 3

I really think when the finals come in that Smallville will go up, but Supernatural will go down.
        Last edited by JAMHEXXX; 10-03-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

That's too bad about the ratings. I guess the debates did have an effect, and you shouldn't have a promo without showing the main character.

I don't think things will get better next week since FOX will have baseball, and Time Warner has dropped CW affiliates in some locations.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
            I don't think things will get better next week since FOX will have baseball, and Time Warner has dropped CW affiliates in some locations.
            It depends on the games for MLB. It looks like the Cubs are dead so if they don't make it into the NLCS, that is going to really hurt the rating. Dodgers/Phillies would be good, but it's not going to get a huge rating like a Cubs series would or a Yankees/Red Sox.

Comment

Don't forget, not only were Pre-Debate shows on almost all the networks (I majored in Political Science in Undergrad, so I am always interested in this stuff), but here in Philadelphia the Phillies game didn't end until late. I wouldn't be surprised if the MLB playoffs had some overlap in our market, which consistently brings in the 4th largest viewership for Smallville. In all, a bit disappointing in the total number, but we aren't in dangerous territory especially with the second-half picking up so much steam to go above 4.09 million in the 8:30 PM slot.

Comment

It did great, it hasnt gone down much, its within its average and doing better than the second half of last year, again people are not considering that we lost 2 main characters, other shows wouldnt even survive that, 3 if we count JG, who Im sure had some loyal followers. I think Clark in hero mode is pulling in audiences and if this remain´s so, Ill be happy, Im thinking an average of 4.00 million viewers in normal episodes and 5-5.5 in big episodes are really good numbers, not as good as we used to have, where hitting 6 wasnt that big of a deal but given the last season´s ratings I think we´r doing just fine.

Comment

FINAL

Smallville
                  - 4.051 million viewers
                  - 2.5/4 HH
                  - 1.6/4 A18-49
                  - 1.4/5 A18-34

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                    FINAL

Smallville
                    - 4.051 million viewers
                    - 2.5/4 HH
                    - 1.6/4 A18-49
                    - 1.4/5 A18-34
                    ^ As long as we can stick in 4mil, i'm happy

Comment

If you look ALL the shows rating for yesterday you'll see that Smallville is not bad at all, there were times MNIE (My Name is Earl) DOUBLED Smllville, last night 6.717 million viewers

And SV is beating FOX

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                        ^ As long as we can stick in 4mil, i'm happy
                        And it also beat ANTM by a nose hair for most watched CW show

4.05 to 4.03

Comment

These aren't bad numbers at all. Given in central time zone and maybe mountain time zone, the debate was being broadcast at the same time SV was being broadcast.

Anything at or above 4M is a good audience for SV and I think as the storylines gravitate more toward Clark becoming a hero and developing his relationship with Lois and away from the trials and tribulations of supporting cast/characters, the numbers will remain strong and may even improve.

Comment

Yes, I'm glad to see SV was able to stay above 4 million!

Comment

Well it does experience a slight drop with each episode but i believe it just went through 2 very difficult weeks.Plastique aired along with some premieres and Toxic aired on the night of the debate.I believe that the ratings for Instinct will show us were the series is headed.It has been well promoted and it promises an intrigiung storyline.I would expect Instinct's rating to be higher than Toxic's.By the way,did we beat 90210 again?

Comment

Here's how "Plastique" ranked in total viewership on the CW for the week of Monday, September 22, 2008 to Sunday, September 28, 2008:

1. Friday Night Smackdown: 4.41 million
                                2. Smallville: 4.18
                                3. America's Next Top Model: 4.13
                                4. Gossip Girl: 3.33
                                5. Supernatural: 3.18
                                6. One Tree Hill: 3.14
                                7. 90210: 2.94
                                8. 90210 (R): 2.27
                                9. Priviliged: 1.81
                                10. America's Next Top Model (R): 1.46
                                11. One Tree Hill (R): 1.37
                                12. Priviliged (R): 1.22

And here's how the CW shows are ranking in viewership for the season average so far:

1. Smallville (3 episodes): 4.19 million
                                2. America's Next Top Model (6): 3.96
                                3. Supernatural (3): 3.55
                                4. 90210 (6): 3.47
                                5. Gossip Girl (5): 3.43
                                6. One Tree Hill (5): 3.29
                                7. Priviliged (4): 2.19

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

- I find it disheartening that Marc Berman, from PIFeedback, doesn't hesitate to label Smallville as "Fading Fast," or such titles, but he hardly ever compliments it, even when it does great. Such as when last year's premiere outdid S6's premiere, he never made mention of it.

- I hadn't realized this, but MNTV had aired a WWE special last night to celebrate Smackdown moving to their network. That could have taken some of SV's viewers too.
                                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-04-2008, 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎