Ratings in Toxic...........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think this show is gonna be a ninth season, with the season going this good.

Comment

Live + 7 DVR ratings for Odyssey are in:

Well, here's the link: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/10/06...-increase/5759

Smallville still CW's top ratings! YAY!

Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

4.80 million. Nice! And we're still the most-watched program of the week!

Comment

You serious? Awesome!

Comment

What you continue to ignore is that we are minus 2 main characters, that had large fanbases, not just among us internet fans but casual viewers as well.
            I'm not ignoring that at all. The data are. The point of my post was in response to why Berman used the term "slipping'. It's my suggestion he was focused on the demo. That's it.

BUT, regarding the loss of 3 (I count Lionel as well) main characters, I think those who didn't realize what was happening should be clued in by now when they didn't show up in the credits. I would guess that people tuning into the second, and certainly by the 3rd episode have figured out what SV has this year. So, at this point (certainly at least after Toxic), I think viewership will be a reflection on S8 and no longer the changed cast b/w S7 and S8. Now it's possible that it may take fans a while to give up if their favorite (Lex or Lana for example) is gone, but if not by Toxic... at what point would you say the casting changes are no longer the dominant factor (from a week by week comparison)? Please note, I think the casting changes will always factor year by year and some number in the low to mid teens % drop seems to be where we are heading thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by SueB
              BUT, regarding the loss of 3 (I count Lionel as well) main characters, I think those who didn't realize what was happening should be clued in by now when they didn't show up in the credits. I would guess that people tuning into the second, and certainly by the 3rd episode have figured out what SV has this year. So, at this point (certainly at least after Toxic), I think viewership will be a reflection on S8 and no longer the changed cast b/w S7 and S8. Now it's possible that it may take fans a while to give up if their favorite (Lex or Lana for example) is gone, but if not by Toxic... at what point would you say the casting changes are no longer the dominant factor (from a week by week comparison)? Please note, I think the casting changes will always factor year by year and some number in the low to mid teens % drop seems to be where we are heading thus far.
              Actually, I think the hit was already been received, hence the relatively good raitings, IMO if Lex and Lana were around, with this same quality, we´d be averaging 5 mill.

10 episodes down the line you wont hear me talking about the main characters that are gone but right now, its a crucial moment and IMO the lack of Lex, Lana and Lionel, is afecting raitings as we speak, that´s why I consider this numbers to be good, cause after seeing the opening credits in Odyssey, most people realized MR, KK where gone as well as JG who left last season, so Plastique and Toxic raitings were afected by the loss of this characters and their fanbase.

Comment

LV was also gone...

----- Added 2 Hours and 27 Minutes later -----

Here's how "Toxic" ranked for the week of Monday, September 29, 2008 - Sunday, October 5, 2008 on the CW network.

1. Smallville - 4.05 million
                2. America's Next Top Model - 4.03 million
                3. Supernatural - 3.51 million
                4. One Tree Hill - 3.42 million
                5. Gossip Girl - 3.40 million
                6. 90210 - 3.25 million
                7. Everybody Hates Chris (Season Premiere): 2.11 million
                8. The Game (Season Premiere): 1.95 million
                9. Priviliged: 1.87 million
                10. 90210 (R): 1.66 million
                11. America's Next Top Model (R): 1.43 million
                12. Valentine (Series Premiere): 1.15 million
                13. Easy Money (Series Premiere): 1.08 million
                14. In Harm's Way: 0.66 million

Smallville just barely edged out America's Next Top Model, so hopefully it can do better in the future. And the CW's Fridays and Sundays are horrible. Also, I'm glad to see the the top of the list is filled with the "classics."
                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-08-2008, 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Live +7 for Toxic are in:

SMALLVILLE......................4.614
                  AMERICA’S TOP MODEL........4.459
                  SUPERNATURAL..................4.049
                  GOSSIP GIRL.....................3.794
                  ONE TREE HILL..................3.791
                  PRIVILEGED......................2.212

Comment

There was a bigger gap between "Plastique" and "Toxic" than there was between "Odyssey" and "Plastique," but I think that that is because the trailer didn't feature Clark. I bet the L+7's for "Instinct" will be higher.

Comment

Toxic 4.05mil. to 4.61mil. That's Awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎