Quotes in Toxic (SPOILERS).........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember it exactly but it was Clark telling Lois something about watching the Lana video. He said something like "I'll be the first to admit I watched it a time or two" or something really stupid like that. Come on! That was the cheesiest line I've ever heard him say!

Comment

Chloe: You see each other more than I see Jimmy and we're engaged!

Lois: This will be the most heartbreaking kitten adoption story you’ve ever read.

Lois: What am I doing? Ollie and I are through.
      Clark: Maybe. But just because I’d be lying if I said I didn’t watch the goodbye tape that Lana sent me more than once-“
      Lois: [interrupting] Well I’d… rather avoid a ride on the Lana and Clark rollercoaster. No offense.
      Clark [visibly hurt]: It’s ok.

Comment

Chloe (to Davis): "When the seating chart at your wedding looks more like a Eucledian algorythm than a dining hall, you know you've got something seriously wrong"

And Oliver's "You're afraid of everything" quote to Clark

OMG, the licence plate had me laughing so hard. It was not only to exaggerate how ruthless she has become, but also a nod to Oliver's nickname for her "Mercy". So, NO more MERCY, Mr. Queen
        Last edited by FlashInSV; 10-03-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I don't remember it verbatim, but when Ollie said to Clark, "You can go back to drinking your milkshakes." That was classic .

*Azra-El*

Comment

the mosquito reference at the end of toxic was so weird. it's like, wtf?

mosquitos????

i don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
              YOU'RE AFRAID OF EVERYTHING

Best line of this season!!

I have to disagree with Ollie on this one. He has been afraid to let his secret out but at the same time, whenever Clark has lost his powers he's always acted with courage; putting his life at risk (in fact, only 2 episodes ago going off on his own at the Montana facility).

Ollie should at least be grateful that Clark saved his life 10 minutes before (in tv broadcast time).

Comment

But justified in being pissed off for "knowing" about Lionel's involvement in his parents death and doing Jack about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BWOracle
                  I have to disagree with Ollie on this one. He has been afraid to let his secret out but at the same time, whenever Clark has lost his powers he's always acted with courage; putting his life at risk (in fact, only 2 episodes ago going off on his own at the Montana facility).

Ollie should at least be grateful that Clark saved his life 10 minutes before (in tv broadcast time).
                  That's not really courage though. He's just not wired to think he'll get hurt.

Comment

I loved it when chloe said, "you spend more time with her, than i do with jimmy. and we're engaged." then clark said, "what are you saying?" that was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lois: oliver queen does not die today

i just loved the contrast of that line with the music and of course that it was her who said it

Comment

Favorite Toxic Quotes

FAVORITE TOXIC QUOTES:

1) Clark & Chloe

Chloe: Although, as much as I love the one-on-one time, I got to say I'm actually surprised Lois unattached you from her hip.

Clark: What do you mean? Lois and I aren't always together.

Chloe: Clark, you see her more than I see Jimmy, and we're engaged.

Clark: What are you trying to say?

Chloe: Never mind. I guess I just always thought that I would be the one circling your typos.

Clark: Lois doesn't circle typos. She underlines them two or three times. And she couldn't skip out early. In typical Lois fashion, she's already on Tess' bad side.

Chloe: Tess. That's assuming that the Luthor wannabe has a good side.

Clark: I know she's a die-hard Lex supporter. But up until this point, she's been civil.

Chloe: Uh-huh. And I'm sure the flowing hair and piercing green eyes didn't sway you at all.

Clark: It doesn't change the fact that Lex knows my secret. And if she truly is following in Lex's footsteps, then she may not be far behind.

Chloe: You're right. And if Lex chose her to carry on his legacy, she must be handled with extreme caution.

2) Tess Mercer and Lois Lane

Lois: Latest dish with a side order of spell check, "grisly murders down on Hampton."

Tess: Lois lane. I haven't fired you yet?

Lois: Guess you're too busy printing my stories. What's with the Oliver Queen collage?

Tess: I figured the news had trickled down to the basement by now. You know, for a renowned party boy, Queen sure can't hold his liquor.

Lois: Unbelievable. Metropolis may have its very own Jack the Ripper, and you're preoccupied with smearing a humanitarian. Do you even know Oliver queen?

Tess: Not like you do. Come on. You can't tell me you don't get a twinge of pleasure seeing your ex take a public nosedive.

Lois: Look, he's a good person who stands up against corruption and social injustice.

Tess: Wow. I was gonna offer you the story. But after that bleeding-heart testimonial, you're obviously not objective enough to uncover the rest of it.

Lois: Well, it's not exactly a news flash. You drink, you get drunk.

Tess: When someone leaves a club fall-down drunk, the story only gets better. I need someone to get to the bottom of this without suffering from an emotional meltdown.

Lois: Please. You know, you need to read your gossip column. Oliver and I were through a long time ago. I'll take the story.

Tess: Okay.

3) Clark & Chloe

Clark: Chloe.

Chloe (to Clark): However, the high concentration of cardio glycoside rules out several subspecies, orienting us in the South Pacific. Why are you looking at me like that?

Clark: You mean like I'm at a Met U lecture? Chloe, you're the smartest person I know by a long shot, but since when can you trace a few chemicals from an obscure flower?

Chloe: It's no big deal. I'm just expanding my knowledge base.

Clark: You're getting smarter.

Clark: Listen Chloe, as much as I appreciate whatever it is you just did here, this is all because of Brainiac, isn't it?

Chloe: All right, I admit it. After he attacked me, my hacking skills went from analog to digital. And whether I like it or not, I can read and process data at lightning-fast speed. Now, I know that right now you are making a list in your head of all the possible ways this could be your fault, but please don't.

Clark: If this is because of Brainiac, then we don't know what can happen.

Chloe: Exactly! No one knows. So let's not worry about it until we have to.
                        Clark, this is my life. And for once, something good came from something horrible. I'm choosing to look at this as a gift, one that could help us save Oliver's life. Now trust me. I think it's time to call in a favor with your new boss.

4) Lois and Clark

Clark: Lois.

Lois: Hey, thanks, Smallville. Starting to get the hang of things around here.

Clark: That was... I spoke to Chloe. She said you didn't come home last night.

Lois: So not what you're thinking. I may have played nurse with Oliver, but it never progressed to doctor. I've been working here all night.

Clark: "Kitten-adoption fair this Sunday"? You gave up your article on Oliver for this? Doesn't sound like you, Lois. Is it possible you're more shaken up about last night than you realize?

Lois: You think? I was practically a three-shot Martini.

Clark: Yeah, but it doesn't mean you have to bury your emotions in your work.

Lois: This is the most heartbreaking kitten-adoption story you've ever read. What am I doing? Ollie and I are through.

Clark: Maybe, but just because your relationship's over doesn't mean the feelings go away. I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch the goodbye tape that Lana sent me more than once.

Lois: Well, I'd rather avoid a ride on the Clark-and-Lana roller coaster. No offense.

Clark: It's okay.

Lois: I've got a delicate enough ego as it is. I am not cut out to date a guy with a hero complex. I mean, you were there. You saw him at the fundraiser. He's practically an icon, "the man of tomorrow," and I'm just Lois Lane, the girl who writes about it.

Clark: Lois, there's nothing wrong with that.

Lois: Right. So, when the occasional feelings flare up, you just got to trust your gut, as hard as it is, and realize that you broke up for a reason.

Clark: Exactly.

Lois: That one's on the house, Smallville. You should know, I'm allergic to cats. Get to work. Chop-chop.

5) Clark Kent & Oliver Queen

Oliver: [ Chuckles ] So, I hear I'm not the only one in town who owes you a drink. Tess Mercer's attacker was arrested last night.

Clark: Why didn't you tell me you knew Tess Mercer before?

Oliver: It was in the past. Not exactly proud of the way things turned out.

Clark: Doesn't change the fact that she knew the guy who tried to kill you.

Oliver: Yeah, well, it makes sense to me. The guy came after me. Then he's gonna go after her. She's the other captain of industry in town, so...

Clark: Oliver, with all that poison in your system, are you sure adding more is the best idea right now?

Oliver: Yeah, Clark, why don't you stick to your milkshakes, huh? I'll know when I've had enough. Lionel Luthor killed my parents.

Clark: You figured that out from flight records? I mean, it was a plane crash.

Oliver: Yeah, it was a plane crash, and according to that, there were LuthorCorp employees on the maintenance lot.

Clark: And you think Lionel paid them to sabotage the plane?

Oliver: Did you know about this? You were the son Lionel never had. The guy knew everything about you, right? So don't stand there and tell me that you didn't know a couple of his dirty little secrets.

Clark: Look, Oliver, I was afraid that you'd do something you'd regret.

Oliver: Something I regret. "Like what, Clark? You thought I was gonna kill him? Is that it? I wouldn't have killed him! I survived for two years on an island by myself, Clark! When it wasn't pouring rain, it was blistering sun! There were mosquitos that ate me alive! It's okay, because you know what? It made me strong. You may be invincible, but you are not fearless, are you? You're afraid to trust your friends, and you're afraid to face who you were really meant to be. You're afraid of everything. Maybe you haven't been put to the test yet. Maybe your island's still out there, Clark.
                        Last edited by tibbit78; 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

"Yeah Clark, why don't you stick to your milkshakes?"

"Maybe you're island is still out there." BEST. LINE.

~K

Comment

Originally posted by disciples of zod
                            "Yeah Clark, why don't you stick to your milkshakes?"

i love oliver sometimes. i bet welling hates how clark keeps getting crapped on by oliver and others. i'm surprised he puts up with it lol.
                            Last edited by biggumt; 12-15-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Ollie - "Normally I don't eat anything with more than 99 legs on it, but..."

Ollie - "You want to live? Crawl down to the leach pond and make some new friends."

Comment

When Lois calls Davis "Dimples".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎