Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it?Hated it?What did you think of Toxic?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved this episode, it has made me love the couple Tollie <3

Comment

• to be honest and i dont know if i already reply but not so good to be honest

Comment

• I spose it was an okay episode, could have slowed it down a bit more and even fleshed out Green Arrow's origins a bit more but not bad. 6.5/10
        Last edited by Detorio; 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit Detective
          This episode was okay. It was nice seeing the origin of the green arrow
          Yep.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SueB
          A final note about Clark this episode. Yay, he's running around saving the day. Boo-hiss he's a doormat. Several harsh comments from Chloe at the party(is this herself or are her new abilities affecting her?), Chloe shutting him down on the effect Brainiac has had on her (Clark really should have at least said "I'll accept that for now, but we need to talk after we take care of Oliver", the usual Lois abuse (why would he possibly accept finishing a kitten story?), he apparently watches the videotape alot (cringe. I would love him to say he's thought about Lana alot, but watching the video tape again --- with Hagen Daaz?), and finally Ollie's tirade where he calls Superman a coward. I know the point of the tirade was a foreshadowing anvil, but Clark has already had "his island". The Phantom Zone, the pop-sicle, the Russian work camp. It may have not had "mosquitoes!" but it served the same purpose. And, since Ollie is apparently completely witting of Clark being an alien, he should know what Clark has been through. I really need a transcript of that offscreenville reveal to Ollie... Bottom line: Clark should not be the doormat, he should be the star.
          Agree about the Lois abuse. When did snark=cute? Disagree about the Lana mention cringe. Continuity. Lana is gone, but she was a huge part of Clark's life for 7 years. Disavowing that would be as odd as not mentioning Kara or wondering what the hell happened to her. Ollie was dead on when he told Clark that he wasn't fearless and he was afraid to trust his friends. You'd think after a solid 6 good years of that, and seeing how well that worked for him, he'd try something different. Disagree that Clark is a doormat. Clark might be slow on the uptake, A LOT, but he's still the star.
          Last edited by Raistlin; 10-10-2011, 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Oliver's backstory had been explored in The Oliver Queen Chronicles. The flashbacks in this episode contradicts the island section of The Oliver Queen Chronicles, but I'm fine with that. This version is better. It's also nice to see them connecting Tess (the new woman) to Oliver (an established character, but enough with gaps in his life, for them to be able to say that he's known her for years, without it seeming like she comes out of nowhere). It means that she's already connected to him, while she's connected to Clark and Lois through the Daily Planet. So, Tess is already connected to three out of six of the other main characters (she never interacted with Henry James Olsen, but they were also connected through work).

They establish a past romantic relationship between Oliver and Tess, but I'm glad they didn't do much with it in the future (apart from them hooking up once). The show had already had seven years of Lana Lang. A female character, whose storylines tended to be either revolving around her current relationship or that she needed to be rescued. So, Tess made a welcome break from that. Like we saw in this episode, yes she has had romantic relationship with men (and, possibly, women...as there were many fan theories about at the time and seeing the island flashbacks, I kinda expected Tess to drop some hints that Megan had been more than her "best friend", in her present-day scene with Oliver. Perhaps Tess wearing her bracelet was an attempt at such a hint and the writers were just too subtle), but it's not something that defines her.

The episode doesn't just delve into Oliver's past, but a bit of the origin of Tess Mercer. Which I appreciated. It helped to flesh out this new character. At the same time, we didn't learn everything. So, there was still material left for the rest of the season and the next two.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 09-24-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎